Se7en (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 14) [Hong Kong]

dchamp444

Dark Knight Blufans GB Survivor
Premium Supporter
Jul 7, 2016
Canada
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order at 8 PM, AUGUST 9, HKT, UTC+8 - check your local time here)
Price: $39.99 (Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buys: hosted by Aniv Double Lenticular - Lenticular - Full Slip One Click

67330683_2390913651018729_2251826811849670656_n.jpg 67172965_2390914047685356_1055194261135294464_n.jpg 67536233_2390913877685373_3873303586020524032_n.jpg64288873_2390913857685375_8308806489733070848_n.jpg

steelbook_v2_d819af93-8489-4141-a8c7-7dfb1fbb1209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has this film had a new transfer lately? The one I have is that white WB steel from a few years back and from what I remember the disc wasn’t as good as previous editions.
As far as I know, there's 2 main transfers from major studios. The VC-1 from New-Line is the best (as I say, as far as I know!)

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Back then I did. Not sure if you know, but things change lol

I can afford one editon but my current status of income only limits that to a single edition.

Would love it to sit with the fight club one click but in this instance I hope all editions are ugly but one :LOL:

Well hopefully there will at least be one edition that you want. Of course Manta does restocks so perhaps down the line an OC will be a possibility. Or even on eBay. I've noticed that a lot of Manta stuff goes cheap.

Reactions: Flloydo
As far as I know, there's 2 main transfers from major studios. The VC-1 from New-Line is the best (as I say, as far as I know!)
This article will help:
(Not On Blu ray is the NAME of the site ;) )

B162F669-919A-4B3C-8EC1-79B1A1F578A2.jpeg

Last edited:
This article will help:
(Not On Blu ray is the NAME of the site ;) )
View attachment 439303
Ah cool, thanks. Only 2 I've seen are Italian and New Line blu-rays compared. 2010 though, surely due an update? I'm guessing they'll release a 4K within a year

Reactions: C.C. 95
Ah cool, thanks. Only 2 I've seen are Italian and New Line blu-rays compared. 2010 though, surely due an update? I'm guessing they'll release a 4K within a year
Apparently the Dutch metalpak is the transfer to have - which thankfully I do! ;) :thumbs:
It's a very good breakdown in that article.

I've got the Japanese steelbook edition. I take it that's the same transfer as the UK one?
Looks like it. From the article/guide:

New Line/Warner Blu-ray2010Fresh color correction. I suspect sourced from the 2000 Spirit Datacine scan. DVNR and aggressive color-correction.

The UK/Japan amarays were released in 2010 and the the steelbooks in 2012 - so there is a slight chance it is a different source, but I doubt anything changed but the packaging - but, No way of Knowing that for sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
@Kvaziboba @willbar84

So I decided to address this again with manta.
Here is my message to them and their response

Hello @mantalab :)

Is there any hope that at a point in time manta lab will do different Bonus Items for the different editions when doing a WEA Release ?

As it is now, we get the same Bonus Items 3 times when we purchase the Boxset.
It would be nice if we buy the boxset for each of the editions that is included in the Boxset that they would each contain different Bonus Items.
Therefore avoiding the redundancy with Bonus Items.

I am sure you are aware that Blufans, film arena Collection and HDzeta do this type of ''different Bonus items'' for ''each of their editions''.
This makes collection extra Exciting.

Love manta lab, but this little change would be very exciting :)

Kindest Regards,

Actarus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

manta lab response;

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

Actually, that was one of the suggestions we've received and brought up in a design meeting few times.

We are trying our best to make as many different premiums as possible but due to the MOQ or the cost issue with the printing, it was a bit difficult for us.

We are still working with our printer to figure out the cost issue and the packaging issue but we will be happy to present different premiums in different editions soon.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,
Manta Lab

Great idea, punish the collectors who can only afford one exclusive by having different collectibles so that I have to choose a slip and not get the booklet I prefer or choose a slip I don’t prefer to get the art cards I really love and so on and so forth. Ugh.
Good point. There's no one solution that will satisfy everyone.
Maybe if it ain't broke...

Great idea, punish the collectors who can only afford one exclusive by having different collectibles so that I have to choose a slip and not get the booklet I prefer or choose a slip I don’t prefer to get the art cards I really love and so on and so forth. Ugh.

To be honest I weigh up the bonus content when deciding which slip to go for. I wouldn’t call it punishment to have different cards/booklet in each edition, it’s just choice.

But I see where you’re coming from :thumbs:

Reactions: willbar84