On Air Shōgun (Season 1) [FX]

Such a great show, glad I kept watching it after Episode 1 thanks to @kaw.

Any chances this will get a physical release in the future? The showrunners already said that they ended the story with this season and wanna keep it that way.

Reactions: kaw
Such a great show, glad I kept watching it after Episode 1 thanks to @kaw.

Any chances this will get a physical release in the future? The showrunners already said that they ended the story with this season and wanna keep it that way.
If you want more depth and detail, do read the Shogun book (1975) by James Clavell. It's incredible.
He only wrote one, as far as I'm aware, with no direct sequel.
I'm not surprised then that this will only be a mini series.

He did write several other novels set in and around Asia throughout the 1800 and 1900s involving the integration of Eastern and Western cultures; several characters and family descendants appear throughout these novels, so I guess you could call them intertwined in one form or another.

'Tai-Pan' & 'Gai-Jin' are both great and can be seen as a pair together in some detailed interconnected ways.

Gai-Jin returns to Japan in the mid 1800s, so I guess it could be seen as a relative of the Shogun novel despite the difference in time periods.
I think both Tai-Pan and Gai-Jin would make another great pair of mini series too. Especially given the great critical reception of this new adaptation of Shogun.

Shogun stands alone for me though.
Amazing book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vega