Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Shang-Chi

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Destin Cretton

Plot: The adventures of Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu.

Marvel Studios Fast-Tracking a Shang-Chi Movie!
Source: ComingSoon
View attachment 405048
Marvel Studios is looking to fast-track a film based on the Asian superhero Shang-Chi. Deadline reports that the studio has tapped Dave Callaham, a Chinese-American, to write the script and is currently searching for Asian or Asian-American directors and cast-members, hoping to replicate the success they had with this year’s Black Panther.

I knew it! As soon as DC announced their Latino superhero, I knew marvel had to come up with an Asian one. I know nothing of this hero but hoping to see some cool martial arts inspired action scenes.

Destin Daniel Cretton Marvel’s Choice To Direct ‘Shang-Chi’
Source: Deadline
destin-daniel-cretton-shang-chi.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios is setting Destin Daniel Cretton to direct Shang-Chi, its first superhero movie tentpole franchise with an Asian protagonist. Cretton is directing Just Mercy, a film he wrote that stars Brie Larson and Michael B. Jordan.

This is in keeping with the studio’s goal to take Shang-Chi in a direction like Black Panther and populate it with Asian-American talent. When Deadline first revealed the project late last year, the studio had set Chinese-American scribe Dave Callaham to write the screenplay.

This sounds really cool. I would consider my self a Marvel fan... and I don't think I've ever heard of Shang-Chi before. haha
But bring it on!

Who would you cast in this thing? @bloodsnake007 @AlienKing

How about someone like Daniel Wu? He is freakin' awesome in Into The Badlands!

dwu1_wide-487fdaeea7d69c079e008b0e06b25a6f8e556890-s800-c85.jpg

This sounds really cool. I would consider my self a Marvel fan... and I don't think I've ever heard of Shang-Chi before. haha
But bring it on!

Who would you cast in this thing? @bloodsnake007 @AlienKing

How about someone like Daniel Wu? He is freakin' awesome in Into The Badlands!

dwu1_wide-487fdaeea7d69c079e008b0e06b25a6f8e556890-s800-c85.jpg

Hmm well I guess it will depends on what type of martial arts they go with.

I would love to see Tona Jaa or Iko Uwais on a big budget flick. But recently Zhang Jin has caught my eye and this dude is a pro. His execution is just so amazing to watch. Especially in SPL 2 and Ip Man 3. So yea those would be my choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Looks ok. Didn’t wow me but still looking forward to it. I’m more interested in Eternals and spidey 3 this year but still looking forward to black widow and this

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database