Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Shang-Chi

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Destin Cretton

Plot: The adventures of Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu.

20210809_165723.jpg

This will now NOT premiere on Disney+ at the same time as being released in Theaters.
Will have a shortened 45-day theatrical window first.

This will now NOT premiere on Disney+ at the same time as being released in Theaters.
Will have a shortened 45-day theatrical window first.

Nice. I'm just happy it's not getting delayed. I really hope it does well at the box office. It's scary times for the movie industry

Will hopefully go see this next week. Bit ill at the moment otherwise I’d go this weeknd

I really couldn't be bothered with this film but decided to go and see it anyway, first 3/4's I found it surprisingly good but it dropped quite a bit in the last 1/4. Seems to be a common theme with MCU projects this year with only Loki imo keeping its quality till the end

Along with Antman and Age of Ultron the weakest MCU film for me

Reactions: 3Maters
Yeah I was not feeling this one at all and I thought I was going to love it. The action sequences in the first half were some of the MCU'S best but the film was dull as ever. Poor script, sluggish pace, and terrible washed out CGI battles. Didn't feel like a complete cinematic experience or proper origin story movie. Some of the worst music in a MCU movie ever. It actually dulled the otherwise exciting moments. I quite liked Black Widow and saw it multiple times but I do not see myself going to rewatch this. The audience I was with were incredible underwhelmed and just sort of sat and sighed when the credits rolled. Ridiculous that this has a 91% on RT. I will say the 3D conversion was excellent.

Reactions: tommyh84
Watched this last night in IMAX.

I really enjoyed it actually!!! I got a little worried near the end...
When it got a little too CGI heavy with the Dragons and stuff. BUT I thought those scenes were actually a lot of fun and done very well. So I was ok with it.
Worked better than the CGI final battle in Black Panther IMO.

Trevor was also a fun little surprise. I wasn't expecting him to be in this. I love it that they tied that all up from Iron Man 3.

This also has one of my favorite mid credit scenes in a while.

My only tiny knock on the movie is I wish the hand-to-hand fight scenes had been visually pushed back a bit. They felt a little close up (and that might be to hide things). I wanted more wide angles to really appreciate the fight choreography.

But I would totally recommend seeing it in the Theaters! Had a blast!
8.5/10

Will hopefully get to see this some point next week. Bit of a cold at the moment and don’t fancy sitting in a cinema whilst I feel grotty.

Along with Antman and Age of Ultron the weakest MCU film for me
Ant-Man is one of my favourite MCU solo films and I really like AoU. Don’t get the stick it gets. All 3 iron man films, first cap, 2nd Thor and Incredible Hulk are worse imo. So we clearly have very different tastes with MCU therefore I won’t take your post as a warning before going in to this film lol

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
Ant-Man is one of my favourite MCU solo films and I really like AoU.

You’re not alone, Ant-Man is one of my favorite MCU films as well. It was a solid change of pace but it’s sequel was disappointing.

Saw Shang Chi yesterday and thought it was pretty entertaining. The first half was great and made the film seem like it could stand on its own but for me they didn’t stick the landing and ended up going generic/formulaic superhero ending. I’m not trying to knock the film just noting it had the potential to be great. I definitely think it’s worth checking out in theaters.

Reactions: 3Maters and Flloydo
Lot of good opinions in here. Haven’t. Seen yet but did love antman. Iron man 1 was good too so a bit surprised to see ya throw that on your Downer list flloydo haha.

Ultron was a bit meh tho

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah I was not feeling this one at all and I thought I was going to love it. The action sequences in the first half were some of the MCU'S best but the film was dull as ever. Poor script, sluggish pace, and terrible washed out CGI battles. Didn't feel like a complete cinematic experience or proper origin story movie. Some of the worst music in a MCU movie ever. It actually dulled the otherwise exciting moments. I quite liked Black Widow and saw it multiple times but I do not see myself going to rewatch this. The audience I was with were incredible underwhelmed and just sort of sat and sighed when the credits rolled. Ridiculous that this has a 91% on RT. I will say the 3D conversion was excellent.

Black Widows was fuc*ed up with release date. Releasing this movie so late after Endgame is just wrong.

I quite liked this one. It reminded me a bit of what they tried to do with the Black Panther movie. Wasnt great or breathtaking, but pretty enjoyable.

I really enjoyed this. Great action and fight scenes. Some awesome homage to Jackie Chan fights and crouching tiger hidden dragon. The main guy is awesome too. Rapid at times and just really likeable. Fan of Awkwafina too. Honestly the fight scenes are great.
My only gripe is some of the music felt out of place. Some weird choices.

Wasn’t expecting the Trevor cameo and I loved it. And I noticed he had a Kung fu Hustle poster in his room at the start and he kinda got to do the finish move lol. Not sure how many people spotted that but it made me chuckle and it was the first thing i said to my mate. I’m also not sure why banner is human form again though. Was enjoying professor hulk

Lot of good opinions in here. Haven’t. Seen yet but did love antman. Iron man 1 was good too so a bit surprised to see ya throw that on your Downer list flloydo haha.

Ultron was a bit meh tho

I don’t hate them. I just find them overrated but I get it with the first one. It started it all so I get that. And I do enjoy it. I’m actually one of those weirdos that really likes iron man 3 so I’m not sure why I said that one in the post. Robert is perfect for the role and I prefer iron man in group films if that makes sense. When he’s bouncing of others verbally and in the action scenes. Basically the avenger films and civil war. I enjoy all the MCU. But Thor 2 is the worst imo. And ragnarok is one of the best haha

I don’t hate them. I just find them overrated but I get it with the first one. It started it all so I get that. And I do enjoy it. I’m actually one of those weirdos that really likes iron man 3 so I’m not sure why I said that one in the post. Robert is perfect for the role and I prefer iron man in group films if that makes sense. When he’s bouncing of others verbally and in the action scenes. Basically the avenger films and civil war. I enjoy all the MCU. But Thor 2 is the worst imo. And ragnarok is one of the best haha

totally agree on thor 2 and 3 sentiments

Reactions: Flloydo