spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Since I already have access to the film whenever I want to watch it, I don't have a big problem with the delays as long as I have a nice finished product to add to my collection. It's a bummer it's not coming out yet, but I'll still be happy when it shows up.

Here's my two cents.....

I think the hardest pill to swallow for a lot of people is that they paid months in advance.

Delays happen which is fair enough. But when you've already paid for something and you're not seeing any end product, you feel the retailer owes you!

I don't think people would feel as bad if they didn't know what was going wrong behind the scenes (and EverythingBlu wouldn't feel they have to keep explaining everything as much to us either to keep us happy-which is the way most retailers operate) Sometimes being too honest can work against you!

@EverythingBlu will we always have to pay so far in advance? Maybe for the next items preorders could be held off until the package is almost at completion stage??

Well at least EB told us the reasons rather than a templated response. Hopefully this will be a learning curve. You only learn by making mistakes.

With premium Steels, it is always a risk for the retailer to have a system where payment is taken at the time of dispatch as they could potentially receive cancellations and be left with way too much stock to clear. Most of the Asian retailers have been placing orders based on advance payments. Imagine them charging at the time of dispatch !

I hope this is an one-off with EB.

Most of the Asian retailers have been placing orders based on advance payments. Imagine them charging at the time of dispatch !

:confused: When did this start happening?

I thought they choose a print run and once it's sold out its gone?

So your telling me they only place the orders for the materials AFTER the preorder stage? Which can sometimes only be a matter of weeks before despatch :confused:

As someone who has held the finished product in their very pinkies, I can say that as much as another delay sucks, it really is worth holding on just that little bit longer! The work which has gone into it is stunning, and it certainly looks like the quality control at EverythingBlu is such that they only want the very best release roll off the production line.

I was signing 75 of the cards which go inside selected copies during the week, and - no - I am not getting paid for all this! It really is a labour of love from these guys.

Release date changes are nothing new it happens often with distributors releases
How many times have you got an amazon email to say release date has changed or you see on Zavvi website their exclusives release date change a few times
A lot of releases from various distributors often not have a release date at all when announced and when you do get a release date it changes

Film Arena/Manta Labs/Blufans and other premium retailers all have release date changes.

With EverythingBlu only starting to do exclusives premium releases it's understandable you will have release date changes and also making sure the item ordered is without issues and customers gets a quality release.
Some retailers don't tell you anything and keep you guessing at least we are getting told of a delay.

I don't mind release date changes especially if it's to make sure the item you ordered is without any issues how many times have we seen a release released with other distributors have issues and we asked why did they not fix issues before customers got delivery.

Looking forward to getting this and looks fantastic

As someone who has held the finished product in their very pinkies, I can say that as much as another delay sucks, it really is worth holding on just that little bit longer! The work which has gone into it is stunning, and it certainly looks like the quality control at EverythingBlu is such that they only want the very best release roll off the production line.

I was signing 75 of the cards which go inside selected copies during the week, and - no - I am not getting paid for all this! It really is a labour of love from these guys.
But I thought you guys were dead!!!! :p

images

kevnickwilson.jpg

Release date changes are nothing new it happens often with distributors releases
How many times have you got an amazon email to say release date has changed or you see on Zavvi website their exclusives release date change a few times
A lot of releases from various distributors often not have a release date at all when announced and when you do get a release date it changes

Film Arena/Manta Labs/Blufans and other premium retailers all have release date changes.

With EverythingBlu only starting to do exclusives premium releases it's understandable you will have release date changes and also making sure the item ordered is without issues and customers gets a quality release.
Some retailers don't tell you anything and keep you guessing at least we are getting told of a delay.

I don't mind release date changes especially if it's to make sure the item you ordered is without any issues how many times have we seen a release released with other distributors have issues and we asked why did they not fix issues before customers got delivery.

Looking forward to getting this and looks fantastic

Missing the valid point Paul - we were not debited 3-4 months in advance.....

Missing the valid point Paul - we were not debited 3-4 months in advance.....
We have had that with Blufans and Film Arena and other premium retailers paid months in advance before release.

EverythingBlu are not like the likes of Amazon/Zavvi/HMV that take payment on despatch so it's different
Yes release date changes are a pain at times but they happen often with lot of releases

You don't have to worry about when payment is due you already paid
How many times have you had a Amazon/Zavvi/HMV release have a release date change only to see yourself not have the funds available due to a release date change and you have to cancel the order

We have had that with Blufans and Film Arena and other premium retailers paid months in advance before release.

EverythingBlu are not like the likes of Amaazon/Zavvi/HMV that take payment on despatch so it's different
Yes release date changes are a pain at times but they happen often with lot of releases

How many times have you had a Amazon/Zavvi/HMV release have a release date change only to see yourself not have the funds available due to a release date change and you have to cancel the order

Blufans we paid via a GB so it was not direct, same as FAC. That's totally different as we cannot complain to a GB host if it's delayed. They are not the retailer.

With FAC you can order direct but not 3 months payment in advance.

I've been critical over Blufans in the past that's why I've limited my participation in GBs with them.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey

Who is this guy?
W4i5qi.gif

Last edited:

Sorry Paul - I totally disagree on your last response. I like to pay when the item is dispatched. Not pay months and months in advance with several delay. You and I are very different and that's why I love debating with you lol :)

With FAC you can order direct but not 3 months payment in advance.

Sicario Hardbox springs to mind. Went on sale same day as single versions, money paid straight away. Was released 2 months 19 days after the single versions. So at least 3 months in advance for payment before goods available for dispatch.