Sherlock Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Release Date: 14th December 2015
Purchase Link:
HMV UK
HDN Group Buy: Click HERE <( for 1, 2 or 3 series or Abominable Bride)
Price:
£19.99
s1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything showing as in stock online.
Hopefully Abominable Bride is dispatched soon.. Series 1-3 already arrived at my exporter after only 1 day.

SHERLOCK: SEASON ONE, TWO & THREE steelbooks all available for GBP 8.99 from HMV Online - the best price they've ever been.
ABOMINABLE BRIDE steelbook not available online at the time of writing.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Would any kind ninja be willing to get the 3 seasons (8£ each atm) and ship them to me? I posted on the GB thread but there wasn't a reply by the host :(

Because I believe HMV doesn't send to other EU countries right?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Tr
Would any kind ninja be willing to get the 3 seasons (8£ each atm) and ship them to me? I posted on the GB thread but there wasn't a reply by the host :(

Because I believe HMV doesn't send to other EU countries right?

Thanks a lot
Try sending naughtius maximus a pm, maybe he can still help?

US Buyers beware -
While these are reported to be "All Region" discs, they are in the PAL format and not playable past the opening BBC logo clip unless you have a PAL-enabled blu-ray player.

US Buyers beware -
While these are reported to be "All Region" discs, they are in the PAL format and not playable past the opening BBC logo clip unless you have a PAL-enabled blu-ray player.
Actually the issue with these discs has nothing to do with PAL, as PAL and NTSC are not relevant in the context of Blu-ray discs.

It seems that some Blu-ray players (and / or older TV sets?) can't properly handle all standard Blu-ray video formats. These discs use 1920 x 1080 50i video format and the interlaced format 50Hz content seems to be problematic for some players.

But, e.g., my old Oppo player, when set to region A, has no problems playing the discs.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: digitalbabe
re: PAL/NTSC - I have read that occasionally the menus or a load screen prior to the main menu on some blu-ray discs might be SD/PAL, so I figured that was the problem here..
I have a new-ish TV and I'm using a PS3 and have never had any problems with any other "standard Blu-ray video formats" before.

Regardless, I already ordered replacement US discs for my steelbooks as the entire set are now coasters to me.

I just figured that people should be made aware that they have the potential to be unplayable in the US, and ot order with caution if they were planning on buying them and watching them.

@Marc Dooley

I remembered wrong, interlaced format is not the issue, it's the 50Hz frame rate (corrected my post above).

If you Google, e.g., "US blu-ray players 50Hz", you'll find it well documented that PS3 is incapable of playing 50i Blu-ray content.

Yes, of course it makes sense to alert collectors to disc incompatibilities. This issue with Sherlock UK discs with some US Blu-ray players was reported on various forums when the UK (plastic case) Blu-rays were released, but obviously this is now potentially a fresh issue for steelbook collectors.

Reactions: Marc Dooley