Short Circuit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from around 6pm on Saturday 21st January)
Price: £15.99

11374104-1774439511927879.jpg

11374104-1774439511927879.jpg 11374104-4724440036089763.jpg 11374104-1104440036057216.jpg

Bonus Features:

• Commentary by Director John Badham and Writers S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 'The Creation of Number 5'
  • Cast and Crew Interviews
  • Behind the Scenes Featurette

Last edited:
I find dealing with zavvi's cs a pain in the ass lol.. takes so long with the back and forth emails before you get anywhere, I don't know that it's worth it..plus they don't send a new steel till they receive the damaged one back and the whole process can take a while.. I wish they were like amazon. :)
Here, here! I would suggest ordering a new copy then returning the original for a refund. But then I'm still waiting for them to refund me for something I returned over 6 weeks ago (and they acknowledged receipt 5 weeks ago). I have now chased them about 4 times for the refund (which they keep saying will be processed in 3-5 days).

Another alternative might be to complain anyway and accept their usual offer of a 10% discount. That is what I have done whenever I have noticed some minor issues that don't seem worth the hassle of getting a replacement (or the item is sold out, so they have no copies left to do an exchange anyway). Occasionally, it has taken 2 or 3 replacement to get a decent, undamaged, copy ("Moon" was a classic example of that, as was "Close Encounters of The Third Kind").

Amazon are just on a different plane altogether. Whenever I have complained to them about inadequate packaging for steelbooks (e.g. when they have been sent in a standard A1 cardboard mailer), they have immediately given me a 20% discount regardless of whether the steelbook itself was actually damaged or not...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
Here, here! I would suggest ordering a new copy then returning the original for a refund. But then I'm still waiting for them to refund me for something I returned over 6 weeks ago (and they acknowledged receipt 5 weeks ago). I have now chased them about 4 times for the refund (which they keep saying will be processed in 3-5 days).

Another alternative might be to complain anyway and accept their usual offer of a 10% discount. That is what I have done whenever I have noticed some minor issues that don't seem worth the hassle of getting a replacement (or the item is sold out, so they have no copies left to do an exchange anyway). Occasionally, it has taken 2 or 3 replacement to get a decent, undamaged, copy ("Moon" was a classic example of that, as was "Close Encounters of The Third Kind").

Amazon are just on a different plane altogether. Whenever I have complained to them about inadequate packaging for steelbooks (e.g. when they have been sent in a standard A1 cardboard mailer), they have immediately given me a 20% discount regardless of whether the steelbook itself was actually damaged or not...

I've had similar dealings with them.. they sent me 3 steelbook's (the original then 2 replacements which also had issues and had to be sent back) then refunded me in the end so I had to order a 4th. Also have taken many weeks to refund me for returns.. the whole process takes way too long. At least both amazon and zoom (I recently discovered) send out replacements be for you return the damaged ones.

I'm not sure what to do with short circuit.. if I send it back I may get one with more problems, paint chips, dents etc.

I can't believe they're making you wait all this time for a refund, and they keep telling you to wait 3-5 days:OMG: I hope they sort it soon for you.. that's just crazy!

Has anyone else who've received their copies noticed any scuffs or scratches? Has to be tilted in the right light to see them fully.

I can't believe they're making you wait all this time for a refund, and they keep telling you to wait 3-5 days:OMG: I hope they sort it soon for you.. that's just crazy!
Well, they have refunded me partly. The problem seems to be that I returned two items from the same order. They've refunded me for one of the items, but not the other. Knowing how 'sophisticated' (!) their systems are, it wouldn't surprise me if the problem relates to the fact that the system is saying I have been refunded, when in fact that is only half the story (literally!).

• Thanks
I agree the Jcard is very bad it's also the same type Jcard with Super Mario Bros

At least the steelbook itself is decent

It's the same type of jcard used with Basket Case Trilogy steelbook from 2012 just that was a bit smaller
The later ones had better looking jcards but not amazing like other studio releases Jcards :rofl:

Surprised second sight did not use same type Jcard as used with Texas Chain Massacre or Re-Animator the previous 2 steelbook releases
16807354_10211282505398975_945631111221158314_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well, they have refunded me partly. The problem seems to be that I returned two items from the same order. They've refunded me for one of the items, but not the other. Knowing how 'sophisticated' (!) their systems are, it wouldn't surprise me if the problem relates to the fact that the system is saying I have been refunded, when in fact that is only half the story (literally!).

I bed you're right about that:thumbs: if they just looked more closely they should be able to see the amount refunded doesn't match the price of what you returned.. can you ask them to forward your case on to someone higher up? They're so useless :confused:

I'm still waiting for them to refund me for something I returned over 6 weeks ago (and they acknowledged receipt 5 weeks ago). I have now chased them about 4 times for the refund (which they keep saying will be processed in 3-5 days).

I bed you're right about that:thumbs: if they just looked more closely they should be able to see the amount refunded doesn't match the price of what you returned.. can you ask them to forward your case on to someone higher up? They're so useless :confused:

I can now report that last weekend, I finally received a refund from Zavvi for the item they acknowledged they had received back from me on 13 January, so nearly 2 months (and LOTS of chase-up emails) later!!! Way to go, Zavvi!!

• Thanks
I can now report that last weekend, I finally received a refund from Zavvi for the item they acknowledged they had received back from me on 13 January, so nearly 2 months (and LOTS of chase-up emails) later!!! Way to go, Zavvi!!

Blimey. But good on you for persevering. :thumbs:

Thats great news, glad to hear it:thumbs:

It's disgraceful that they wasted so much of your time but I'm happy for you that it's resolved :cigar:

I just received replacement piece and it´s even more scratched then the first one damn it :mad::mad::punch::punch:, unbelievable! I really don´t want to imagine the way how this was treated with. It probably doesn´t make sense to ask for another replacement because something tells me it´s gonna be similar situation. But I definitely ask for some refund.

What´s the quality shape of your steebooks guys? Especially who bought it a little bit later after release, during the price drop.

I had this issue with Jungle Book - ended up getting on off Ebay as Zavvi just couldnt send me a new, undamaged one.

First had the spine slash, second had same slash but was unsealed - so I think they sent me the same one back!!

I had this issue with Jungle Book - ended up getting on off Ebay as Zavvi just couldnt send me a new, undamaged one.

First had the spine slash, second had same slash but was unsealed - so I think they sent me the same one back!!
:rofl:

I bought this and Flight of the navigator for £8.99 each, tbh i dont care if the steel is damaged, i just wanted to watch these movies again and the steelbook was the cheapest way to get this as amazon is selling both amarays for £12 each.