Show off thread-Most Expensive/Most Rare Blu-ray/DVD Ltd Edition you have!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
A new thread to let your hair down and show off your prized possessions you've collected over the years in Limited Edition Blu-Ray or DVD Sets-all collectors welcomed-'value' /'rarity' and 'meaning' are as individual as the collector of course. So if you love it, post it, regardless if your collection is big or small. Have a very expensive Limited Edition, or Rare Edition? Post a pic and let show your pride in your collection.

A few houserules to keep this fun and drama free:

This is primarily for Non-Steelbooks. Please do not post pictures with multiple copies of Limited editions of the same item to trade bait (Please see Trade Forum to buy/sell with members and for forum rules).

Out of respect to our members still searching for these at reasonable prices, this type of multi-qty pic causes unnecessary ranting and raving and can cause members to fall out. Unlike some other forums ours is moderated and run by actual collectors and movie fans. HDN works hard behind the scenes to create a friendly community of all types of movie enthusiasts. Those posts will be deleted-this is a fun 'show off' thread for your own personal collection.

Thanks-lets see what cha got! :scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this must be the most expensive one of mine:

748f2650d7b9.jpg

it's really nice I'm thinking about getting it, but I already have all the films. There are a lot of other box sets that I don't have at all that I can get for less then just the price of this one.
I have all the films in several versions already. One more or less won't matter now. :) Plus, the Red Book is splendid. And the UK version was just about at the top of my price range.

• Thanks
Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes
it's really nice I'm thinking about getting it, but I already have all the films. There are a lot of other box sets that I don't have at all that I can get for less then just the price of this one.
You seriously need this. im so in love with mine. the book is beautiful. and when u take it out of the box the wood smells soooo good. Lol

• Thanks
You seriously need this. im so in love with mine. the book is beautiful. and when u take it out of the box the wood smells soooo good. Lol

ok one day perhaps, but I did just pick this up and cant wait for it to come in...... Has been VERY HIGH on my want list and got it for a fraction of the original 1000 Euro price tag....

71uavO16PnL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: elle82
ok one day perhaps, but I did just pick this up and cant wait for it to come in...... Has been VERY HIGH on my want list and got it for a fraction of the original 1000 Euro price tag....

71uavO16PnL._SL1500_.jpg
NO WAY. OMG. Ive been wanting this one too. I was lucky enough to get the wizard set a few months ago for a great price, so I was sooooo happy!! Youre so lucky!!!!!! I just have to say congratulations to u as well because this is a hard one to get for a good price!!!

NO WAY. OMG. Ive been wanting this one too. I was lucky enough to get the wizard set a few months ago for a great price, so I was sooooo happy!! Youre so lucky!!!!!! I just have to say congratulations to u as well because this is a hard one to get for a good price!!!

I know I got it for under 400 US That's insane being originally in US it was like 1100!!

Thats a pretty good price. Well done!!! :thumbs::D

Thanks hun, the wizards collection I liked the way it looks but is it all cardboard? I have the original 1-5 box set that came in the chest and the corners are ripping and I don't even touch it. It's made of cardboard and paper that's why I was scared if the wizards is made the same way with a lot more moving parts that it would eventually happen to it too, reason I never got it. If I had to choose from the wand, castle, or wizard. That would be my order 1,2,3. So I'm so excited that I got my number one choice.

Thanks hun, the wizards collection I liked the way it looks but is it all cardboard? I have the original 1-5 box set that came in the chest and the corners are ripping and I don't even touch it. It's made of cardboard and paper that's why I was scared if the wizards is made the same way with a lot more moving parts that it would eventually happen to it too, reason I never got it. If I had to choose from the wand, castle, or wizard. That would be my order 1,2,3. So I'm so excited that I got my number one choice.
The wizards collection is made of card but is really well made and its thick and heavy, feels like wood even, not thin paper like the chest is which i also have and not overly impressed with as the quality in that is pretty poor. It was made better than i thought it would be actually. when it arrived the postman had to carry it inside for me it was so heavy lol.

Im glad you managed to find your number one choice! but i do recommend the wizards set too if you get a chance to get it. u wont regret it trust me.

The wizards collection is made of card but is really well made and its thick and heavy, feels like wood even, not thin paper like the chest is which i also have and not overly impressed with as the quality in that is pretty poor. It was made better than i thought it would be actually. when it arrived the postman had to carry it inside for me it was so heavy lol.

Im glad you managed to find your number one choice! but i do recommend the wizards set too if you get a chance to get it. u wont regret it trust me.

I don't know, think now that I have the whole set I'd rather get something else that I don't already have before buying duplicates just for editions. I'm eyeing the saw box set from somewhere. Anyone have it, or knows how's the quality??

I don't know, think now that I have the whole set I'd rather get something else that I don't already have before buying duplicates just for editions. I'm eyeing the saw box set from somewhere. Anyone have it, or knows how's the quality??
I understand, its just so hard to not double or triple dip when they keep bringing out so many amazing sets of the same movies out though!!! Is that the bear trap set youre talking about? I dont know anyone who has it, thats been one of the top sets on my wishlist, I doubt I'll ever get it though! Perhaps someone on you tube has uploaded a review, im sure there would be a video on there about it.

• Thanks