Sicario (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.37) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: April 3, 2018
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Type C - Quarter Slip - Triple Pack - Quadruple Pack (Pre-order on March 8, at 4PM - Korea time)
Price: $38.49 (Type A) - $38.69 (Type B) - $38.29 (Type C) - $36.89 (1/4 Slip)
Notes: 1600 copies (Type A) - 1100 copies (Type B) - 1200 copies (Type C) - 600 copies (Quarter Slip)
Group Buy: hosted by Aniv Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip (UV)
QP_THUMB.jpgTP_THUMB.jpg28698896_1334566426687836_3347254941696988995_o.jpg28619018_1334566433354502_3544474900644380867_o.jpg28514835_1334566440021168_6809865585027168441_o.jpg28515183_1334566500021162_4890752104743403994_o.jpg
0000.jpg
14324425_955559664588516_5363174822144358010_o.jpg
DWAaa0TVwAEyO0n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are interested in an item that is OOS and rarely showing on the aftermarket, i find normal to ask what a reasonable price could be.
Some people are asking crazy prices on ebay, and never sell at that price. This one is a good exemple, cause there is a few for sale but none to be found when you look for sold items...
my two cents on this particular release : current prices are 150 tot 250, waiting a bit and will probably find one around 100
Don’t know. People were laughing when Manta’s Fight Club was starting to show up for $1K+ on ebay. And nobody was buying it at first, but then somebody did. And another one sold for more.
When an item becomes so rare that it’s not showing up on ebay, it becomes a completely fair game in regards to price and the only thing that matters is how much you’re willing to pay and how much another person is willing to accept.

Don’t know. People were laughing when Manta’s Fight Club was starting to show up for $1K+ on ebay. And nobody was buying it at first, but then somebody did. And another one sold for more.
When an item becomes so rare that it’s not showing up on ebay, it becomes a completely fair game in regards to price and the only thing that matters is how much you’re willing to pay and how much another person is willing to accept.
obviously not an exact science and depends on many factors

Reactions: hatredhorror
I collect this stuff for a couple of years now and made some pretty good deals just by being patient. There are still reasonable sellers left and I sell my editions for acceptable prices too.
I will be damned if I pay some eBay scalpers a **** ton of money just because it's the only one online. There will be a better offer some day, but each to their own, it's okay.

I collect this stuff for a couple of years now and made some pretty good deals just by being patient. There are still reasonable sellers left and I sell my editions for acceptable prices too.
I will be damned if I pay some eBay scalpers a **** ton of money just because it's the only one online. There will be a better offer some day, but each to their own, it's okay.
Yeah, this works with releases that are not grails. No one in their right mind will give you a “good” deal for Manta’s Fight Club, or Cinemuseum Shining or any other really saught after rare item. Can you score a deal on an item that’s a bit less rare and in demand, sure, patience really pays off with these title.
I bought Kimchi’s Jackie Brown Lenti for $50 just a few days ago. I wouldn’t call it a fair price though, that was insanely underpriced and I don’t think a seller knew what they were selling as they didn’t advertise it correctly.
At the same time I also spent $250 on Manta Fight Club Double Lenti, because I’m damn sure it won’t be cheaper than that.

Reactions: str.scrm
I guess we have to live with the fact that Plain doesn't do anything interesting for international customers anymore. More money for other distributors.

It’s sad that they went this way, only PA would give us such a beautiful release with Paterson and their last one with “A Monster Calls” those are 2 unique releases. Two little gem…

Reactions: Granada
At the same time I also spent $250 on Manta Fight Club Double Lenti, because I’m damn sure it won’t be cheaper than that.
why not? i mean its a great release and all, but i can see it lose a lot of value if someone releases a decent 4k premium edition.. not to the point that this one will become worthless of course, but many will consider a 4k release an upgrade and try to sell it off to pay for it

happens all the time.. terminator 2.0 japan was considered an invaluable grail (800+€ 10 years ago).. i picked it up for 30€ last year.. in a 10 day running auction.. its hard to tell when things like "first print" etc dont matter.. it might never happen of course, but for a movie like fight club? idk

Reactions: str.scrm
why not? i mean its a great release and all, but i can see it lose a lot of value if someone releases a decent 4k premium edition.. not to the point that this one will become worthless of course, but many will consider a 4k release an upgrade and try to sell it off to pay for it

happens all the time.. terminator 2.0 japan was considered an invaluable grail (800+€ 10 years ago).. i picked it up for 30€ last year.. in a 10 day running auction.. its hard to tell when things like "first print" etc dont matter
You’re right. I haven’t thought about it from that perspective

You’re right. I haven’t thought about it from that perspective
its probably not be as simple as that tho.. the new premium might be a lot worse looking (not unlikely considering how good the dl is) for instance.. after all you can just swap the disc out etc... its just hard to tell.. harder than with other collectibles at least

Reactions: Maksym

happens all the time.. terminator 2.0 japan was considered an invaluable grail (800+€ 10 years ago).. i picked it up for 30€ last year.. in a 10 day running auction.. its hard to tell when things like "first print" etc dont matter.. it might never happen of course, but for a movie like fight club? idk
I was thinking the exact same. Some editions loose their value once a new format gets a nice release. I have some hard to find dvd editions that were very sought after at the time they went OOS the copper korean oldboy giftcase comes to mind, phenomena or the thing limited blu ray from arrow. Of course some will keep their value and some others will get their value back once it becomes vintage. Limited dvd's will have a come back one day, 3 years ago i decided to sell ex rental tapes i bought over the years at flea market at the end of the vhs era when videostores decided to turn to the dvd format.
These once very expensive rentals were for sale at 1$ or 50cents each. Had 300/400 hundreds of these in my basement for years and decided to make some room for other stuff. . Not aware they was a strong collectors move in France (mostly horror) i did put them on ebay (lucky me not in bulk, but 1 at a time) with a starting price of 5$ most of them ended around 30 with some getting to 150.

I’ve had the glow in the dark edition in my eBay saved search for over 2 years now and I’ve come across maybe 2 copies so far lol. Each was around £150. Best of luck!

Reactions: Hereticz
Both fullslips look great, haven't seen one for a decent price for a very long time.. I did recently buy the 1/4 lenti slip for next to nothing though, so that'll do me. I've popped it in the FAC SL.

No price is too big. Just depends from both sides. If you miss buying it direct or from GB it's on you so you have to accept consequences...

Reactions: Lutzo
No price is too big. Just depends from both sides. If you miss buying it direct or from GB it's on you so you have to accept consequences...
Mostly short time consequences... collectors with interrest, money and no patience are the ones that are faceing this "consequence" this i why the most crazy prices are the ones that are listed immediately after the release on ebay and most of the time a few months after the interrest fades away cause the niche buyers who really wanted to buy it and got money to buy it did. Scalper are then left with their greedy listing until everybody stops caring. Of course there are exceptions, but i have seen that exemple many times

Mostly short time consequences... collectors with interrest, money and no patience are the ones that are faceing this "consequence" this i why the most crazy prices are the ones that are listed immediately after the release on ebay and most of the time a few months after the interrest fades away cause the niche buyers who really wanted to buy it and got money to buy it did. Scalper are then left with their greedy listing until everybody stops caring. Of course there are exceptions, but i have seen that exemple many times
sellers tend to cling to some hypothetical "value" of their item, just because (seemingly) it was sold once for that particular price (its all extremely unreliable on ebay anyways).. probably also under totally different circumstances (like you mentioned the initial hype after the pre-order when many missed out)..

but just because one person was impatient enough and overpaid, doesnt mean that its now the official value of the item and everyone has to pay exactly that to get it.. everyone else might value it at half the price.. but instead, you see some listings around for literally ages with no price drop even when 50 other copies were sold for much less in the meantime

best not to regard anything as a "must have" otherwise youll get suckered into overpaying for one of these sh1t offers

I think this used to be true, but not anymore really. This was true when sellers were running bidding auctions and items sometimes would go for close to retail, sometimes even lower. But noone is using auctions anymore, because it was clearly a stupid idea.
I don’t want to argue, but you can simply type “Manta Lab” into ebay and count how many sold listings were sold for retail+shipping + ebays fees. I’m pretty sure it will be a very low amount compared to all other sold listings with mark ups of 30% and higher.
Other retailers might be different, but Plain Archive releases for another example have been gaining value consistently over the years.

And yes, you can always find some sweet deals, but I would say they are a significantly less frequent occurrence when compared to 2-3 years ago.

sellers tend to cling to some hypothetical "value" of their item, just because (seemingly) it was sold once for that particular price (its all extremely unreliable on ebay anyways).. probably also under totally different circumstances (like you mentioned the initial hype after the pre-order when many missed out)..

but just because one person was impatient enough and overpaid, doesnt mean that its now the official value of the item and everyone has to pay exactly that to get it.. everyone else might value it at half the price.. but instead, you see some listings around for literally ages with no price drop even when 50 other copies were sold for much less in the meantime

best not to regard anything as a "must have" otherwise youll get suckered into overpaying for one of these sh1t

best not to regard anything as a "must have" otherwise youll get suckered into overpaying for one of these sh1t offers
I agree. Just wanted to add that people might listing some items for higher than market price with no real intention to sell for many reasons. First of all it can perceivably inflate the market price, and then your main account with a more reasonable price would be able to sell the same item more easily. I’m pretty sure those people even make fake sales of those items, so they show up in “sold”.
The other reason, and I actually have nothing against it : since it costs nothing to list, people can sometimes list parts of their collection for a very high price, but it’s just the price they would be willing to accept for the item they don’t really want to sell. Basically the price they wouldn’t be able to refuse. Then those listings sit there for years, but the items are still being displayed on the shelf, so nothing changes really.