Silver Linings Playbook (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 19, 2016
Purchase link: Silver Linings Playbook (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

Capture (1).jpg

Old artwork
11118992-1194301349110232.jpg

11118992-1924301349140430.jpg

11118992-1824301349132828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the backlash for the art. It's a dramedy movie and there aren't many favourable poster artwork possibilities. It's either this or Pop Art style art. I say art a lot don't art...I mean I, art...what.

As far as I can tell the artwork on worldwide Amaray releases are similar or much, much worse than this and this does indeed appears to be the pick of a miserable bunch. . .
Some have the star's faces cropped vertically and most have the two faces separated by a thick black tramline block running down the middle, or both - black block and faces cut in half vertically..
Maybe we should be thankful for small mercies - that they didn't copy the artwork used on any of those releases for this steelbook.

Exactly. How someone even picked this artwork over any other is beyond me. I'd nominate this for one the worst this year. :vomit:

P.S. - Welcome to HDN :thumbs: Have fun! :)

'SLP' Amaray front artwork

This is better than the first U.S.

and better than the Canadian

and better than the French, the Brazilian, the Danish, the Finnish, the Mexican, the Norwegian and the Swedish.

This is in point of fact the pick of a poor bunch.

Last edited:
'SLP' Amaray front artwork

This is better than the first U.S.

and better than the Canadian

and better than the French, the Brazilian, the Danish, the Finnish, the Mexican, the Norwegian and the Swedish.

This is in point of fact the pick of a poor bunch.
Really? I haven't seen those artworks but its hard to imagine something worse than this. What about an artwork that hasn't been used yet?
And like someone already mentioned, this looks like some kid put it together in a default Paint program.
If they couldn't find better then don't do a steelbook at all. Even if it wasn't Zavvi's fault, this makes Zavvi look lazy and bad. It's supposed to be special or else it wouldn't be limited edition. We'll be paying a premium price, so it's only fair to expect the best effort. :)

The eff with this design?? Bradley Cooper look like he's sucking a pacifier. I don't know if that was intentional or the artist behind this just don't have a clue about composition, or design in general. :facepalm:

Reactions: AnubisNefer
"Sucking a pacifier" :rofl::LOL::rofl: So true:thumbs: very bad placement on the inside art. Don't really like the back artwork, looks silly. Fronts ok.. there really isn't much art to choose from but there are better ones out there.

Found this online, I think it has a connection with gallery88, I would have prefered it
movies-for-your-consideration-8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand the backlash for the art. It's a dramedy movie and there aren't many favourable poster artwork possibilities. It's either this or Pop Art style art. I say art a lot don't art...I mean I, art...what.

Jesus there's always one. No matter how bad the art is there's always one. I mean it could literally be blank and someone would go "Yeah, I can see what they're trying to do here. I like it...."

Sorry bud, but it IS pretty bad let's be honest :D.

Anyway, in all seriousness why couldn't they just fill the entire front with the photo they'd already chosen, even if it just contained that pale background wallpaper (or whatever it is) and overlay the title. They couldn't even be bothered to wrap the photo neatly around the bottom - it just comes to an abrupt halt and shows a bit of the blue background! :vomit:

That gallery 88 choice is flawed by the fact that Bradley looks like Benjamin Linus from Lost in the background image o_O

Jesus there's always one. No matter how bad the art is there's always one. I mean it could literally be blank and someone would go "Yeah, I can see what they're trying to do here. I like it...."

Sorry bud, but it IS pretty bad let's be honest :D.

Anyway, in all seriousness why couldn't they just fill the entire front with the photo they'd already chosen, even if it just contained that pale background wallpaper (or whatever it is) and overlay the title. They couldn't even be bothered to wrap the photo neatly around the bottom - it just comes to an abrupt halt and shows a bit of the blue background! :vomit:

That gallery 88 choice is flawed by the fact that Bradley looks like Benjamin Linus from Lost in the background image o_O

Oh I'm not getting this steel, the movie was not that great IMHO. It's just that we'd complain regardless of what artwork they used for a movie of this ilk. I mean, how many rom-coms have Steelbook releases? ;)

Been looking forward to this, but that artwork is terrible >_< Not buying even with it hits the bin for 6.99. Euuw!