Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good question @Actarus I have every one of my steelbooks and full slips in SCF1,2,3s but of course mine are all opened. Some of those FA editions are thick and the wrapping might press against the slip. I don't think it should be a issue though, unless maybe you store your steelbooks in a hot place? I dunno lol

Reactions: Actarus
That's a good question @Actarus I have every one of my steelbooks and full slips in SCF1,2,3s but of course mine are all opened. Some of those FA editions are thick and the wrapping might press against the slip. I don't think it should be a issue though, unless maybe you store your steelbooks in a hot place? I dunno lol

no its somewhat humid, low level but not hot I can't stand being hot so I keep the heat at comfortable temperature for both summer and winter...If putting all my fullslips Sealed copy in one of those hard case, it is what I am worried that they might be against the inside of the plastic sleeve and the shrink wrap over time would just stick...I am really uneducated in regards to that, but I am tired of having sealed fullslips in different places, I'd like to organize so everything is together its too much of a mess, but right now the fullslips 'still sealed' are gently resting on their neighbours at the top and I made a little space at the bottom so the numbering cards do not indent over long periods of time...it was working well but darn FAC are producing so much :hilarious: ...so it would be great if I could organize my Opened copies with my sealed ones by Title...and they would stand straight in those sleeves which would make it neat looking...Steelbooks are not really a problem they stand up straight without anything, its the fullslips the problems...''the weight distribution within the fullslip'' always make it tend to want to tilt towards one side or another...so within those case they would stand straight, but like I said what I worry is the fear that overtime the shrink wrap would stick inside the protective sleeves :ohno:

You could always try book ends to hold the full slips in place, if your stacking them horizontally. They do look nice on the shelf in scf2s though! I don't think there would be much of an issue though with the wrapping sticking the case

• Helpful Post
@KingSteelie Any idea what the new Hitman: Agent 47 (KimchiDVD) will fit in? I've tried SCF3 and SC3 and it won't fit in either one. It will however fit in a SCF2 but with a bunch of extra room inside. Here's a couple of pictures I took with the calipers and you can see that it almost fits but not quiet. Just incase you need the thickness of the steelbook with it's full slip. 16.47mm -- 0.648in

IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0365.jpg

since I don't use those protective sleeves, I want to for some release but worry of some things. If I put a Sealed FullSlip inside an SFC2 protector Sleeve, what if I just take it out of the sleeve in a year or 2...I worry that the shrink wrap of the fullsip might stick to the inside of the protective sleeves over such a long period ??? I kinda would like to put my sealed copies in those protectors(well would like to start) as they would keep them standing up Straight amongst the Opened copy which would remain unsealed(as they are behind close doors so don't see the need to use a protective sleeve for those)...any insight ? thoughts ? suggestions ?

Actarus, I took few sealed full slips and others from the shelf which I have stored few years inside a protector sleeve and it came out just like it did years ago. I noticed no shrink wrap damage whatsoever. So, I'd say there's nothing to worry about. I have every single steelbook and full slip inside these protective sleeves, everything nicely organized. They're good for protecting the steelbooks from scratches and rub, also no dust gets to them. I personally hate all dust. Also, as for visually, all steelbooks inside these sleeves lined together looks classy rather than sloppy.

wow thanks so much @Hamill82 for those pictures they are so well organized, I am just starting this process but I find it challenging. Your picture and words were most helpful though.

Just last couple questions from your pictures that I wonder;

so basically

1) THOR 1/4 Slip from your picture or any Nova 1/4 Slip would be an SCF_ ?

2) Kimchi Lenticular or Nova Lenticular an SCF3 Correct ?

3) For Blu-ray Nova Scanavo Fullslip like Whiplash, Big Eyes, Divergent... in an SCF2 or SCF3 ?

and regular Steelbook with just a j-card would be SCF1.

Last edited:
wow thanks so much @Hamill82 for those pictures they are so well organized, I am just starting this process but I find it challenging. Your picture and words were most helpful though.

For the 1/4 slip, like Thor in the Pictures, those are put into an SCF1 correct ? so nova 1/4 slip would go in SCF1 as well ?
For the Lenticular version Of nova or Kimchi it would be an SCF3 Correct ?

For the Nova Scanavo Fullslips Blu-ray like Whiplash, Big Eyes, Let me In, The Signal, Divergent, Insurgent, all those would fit is SCF2 as well ? Or SCF3 ?

Yes I think I used SCF1 for Thor in the picture. As for Kimchi or Nova lenticulars SCF3. For anything bigger like fullslips I use SCF2. Some fullslips won't go nicely with SCF2. For example Whiplash Scanavo won't fit nicely with SCF2, same with some Filmarena FAC's which are nowadays way thicker packages what they used to be. It's a bit tricky for some fullslip I have to admit. If you look at my picture of the Whiplash with protective sleeve, you can notice the upper corner is a bit open and not 100% full closed. Looking forward to SCF4, which should solve a lot of problems. SCF2 can be used for many fullslips, but not ideal for all. I can try whatever sleeves for different steelbooks and packages. Whatever comes to your mind if I just happend to own it.

For regular steelbooks with j-card I have used SC2 with one side open and full enclosed SCF1

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Thanks so much, yes I did notice but even with the bigger like Kimchi Fullslip I was able to fit it in an SCF2 but it was very snugged, maybe for those I will wait for the FC4, but Kingsman fit nice in an SCF2, had no problem but thank you I'll get various and see what I need to fit them. Really appreciate the time and explaination... it was such a challenge to keep my copies even though behind closed door of a unit, dust does get there still and also they don't sit straight you have to lean them a bit on its neighbour copy but the SCF2

No problem @Actarus , it's a pleasure. It's great we have steelbook central to offer us these protective sleeves. I have few fullslips without any hard cases, because of special size. For example HER kimchidvd fullslip is very thick as some Blufans. Definitely great news to have bigger protective sleeves soon available.

No problem @Actarus , it's a pleasure. It's great we have steelbook central to offer us these protective sleeves. I have few fullslips without any hard cases, because of special size. For example HER kimchidvd fullslip is very thick as some Blufans. Definitely great news to have bigger protective sleeves soon available.

Thank you you advices were appreciated...I had some here which I put some film arena in and it is just Perfect ! it is time consuming though but worth it.

Thank you you advices were appreciated...I had some here which I put some film arena in and it is just Perfect ! it is time consuming though but worth it.

Great. Kinda snug fit for some FAC, but once you fold SCF2 for a while and have patience, I'll be fine. Sometimes trying to get sealed packages inside a case can be challenging because of the way it's been shrink-wrapped. Just noticed cannot fit Nova The Incredible Hulk fullslip with SCF2 no matter how I try it.

Great pics man, similar to mine they look very nice when all in SCFs. I hope the editions don't get too much thicker. It's already a pain with juggling scf1,2,3 lol

Actarus, I took few sealed full slips and others from the shelf which I have stored few years inside a protector sleeve and it came out just like it did years ago. I noticed no shrink wrap damage whatsoever. So, I'd say there's nothing to worry about. I have every single steelbook and full slip inside these protective sleeves, everything nicely organized. They're good for protecting the steelbooks from scratches and rub, also no dust gets to them. I personally hate all dust. Also, as for visually, all steelbooks inside these sleeves lined together looks classy rather than sloppy.

Looks like you have your own FA library @Hamill82 :LOL: Do you buy multiples for every FAC release? (Just curious... :p) Nice collection though buddy, you should start up your own FA Collection thread and go for the award... :naughty::thumbs:

Looks like you have your own FA library @Hamill82 :LOL: Do you buy multiples for every FAC release? (Just curious... :p) Nice collection though buddy, you should start up your own FA Collection thread and go for the award... :naughty::thumbs:

Lol, yes I love Filmarena. I have all except the first one, As Above So Below. I've been looking for it, with reasonable price, but not going to pay 300-500 euros for it. I have multiple copies of many FAC, not all though, but usually I like to have one sealed and one open copy. These are usually from Karel GB. Then I have 3rd copy, which I can sell or trade. Anyway, thanks for these nice comments.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Can anybody please tell me if I have dreamt this or not , I am sure somewhere I saw a thread about some protective slips for the FAC ?
Anybody got the heads up on these at all or point me in the direction of the thread as searched high and low for it.