Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought the bags from shop4tech... while I'm sure they protect from scratching they don't look good on the shelf :(

I wonder if guoduo would sell them separately? (every disc I bought from them had custom cases).

So I bought the bags from shop4tech... while I'm sure they protect from scratching they don't look good on the shelf :(

I wonder if guoduo would sell them separately? (every disc I bought from them had custom cases).

I agree they look sucky if you leave the adhesive strip on. Take a straight edge and a razor blade (or exacto knife) and cut a clean edge immediately beneath the last opaque line at the top of the sleeve. Your steelbook will slip in and it fits exactly to the top of the steelbook. It will protect the steelie, be almost invisible, and you can easily slip the steelie in and out when you want to watch it. If I get a chance I'll try and shoot a digital pic so you can see what it looks like. I've tried other 'hard' plastic sleeves and wasn't nearly as happy as I was with these inexpensive sleeves. :D

I actually did cut right below the adhesive slip... what I mean by not looking good is I have them sideways so you see the spine and along the spine you still see the fold in the bag. I guess if they were more rounded it would be better but seeing the slines on the bags sucks.

protective sleeves

hi ibought 100 sleeves for my steelbooks got them from germany and they are great better than the poly slip ones. these i just slip on and off and as they are rigid they dont crease or rip iv,e got my entire collection protected now.are these popular with steelbook collectors.

hi ibought 100 sleeves for my steelbooks got them from germany and they are great better than the poly slip ones. these i just slip on and off and as they are rigid they dont crease or rip iv,e got my entire collection protected now.are these popular with steelbook collectors.

Could you please take a pic?

What do people use for Jumbo Steelbooks ie. Monsters, Up, LOTR?

I've got some poly bags on order from bagsunlimited.com, including some larger ones meant for manga books. The size looks pretty close to what a jumbo Steel would need. I'll report back and post some pics when I get them later this week.

So I got my order from Bagsunlimited.com today. The Graphic Novel sleeves (SMGN638914, 6 3/8 x 9 1/4) do not fit the jumbo Steelbooks.

I tried them with Monsters Inc and I could get it about half way on, but it was ultimately too tight a fit. Granted, Monsters Inc still had its wrapping on, but it just wouldn't fit.

I also received Polypro DVD sleeves (SPPDVDR) and Polypro HD-DVD sleeves (SPPDVDHDR).

The DVD sleeves fit my DVD Steelbooks and regulat DVDs, albeit slightly loose. The HD-DVD cases do not fit my Blu-ray Steelbooks. The bag splits in the spine when I try to get it on.

Not to mention that the spine of the bag is an ugly crease, which looks terrible on the shelf.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with the products, but it's not the end of the world. I think I'll place an order with Protected.de and see how their stuff works out.

I only use them, they are just great for Steelbooks. I mean they are open on both ends, but well that doesn´t bother me if it is not a ultimate rare Steelbook:naughty:

Glad to hear you like their products. I really like what I see from the pictures users here have posted, especially when it comes to the spine.

Am I to understand that there is a small amount of space on the top and bottom of the Steel so that it doesn't get shelf wear, even though the ends are open?

They also sell bags, so I'm going to order a few of those and compare them to the others I have.

Glad to hear you like their products. I really like what I see from the pictures users here have posted, especially when it comes to the spine.

Am I to understand that there is a small amount of space on the top and bottom of the Steel so that it doesn't get shelf wear, even though the ends are open?

They also sell bags, so I'm going to order a few of those and compare them to the others I have.

Hey,

yes, that is correct, they have some space and are slightly taler than the Steels. Just creat these protection sleeves, expensive but worth it!

can anyone recommend any hard or plastic cases for bigger boxsets. I have just purchased Up and Monsters Inc US Steelbook and i would really like to protect them. Any info would be appreciated:scat:

Free jumbo sleeves are included in every order of regular sleeves at bluraysteelbooks.com

Its just more cost efficient on your end to order a pack and get the jumbos as opposed to shipping only 2-3 jumbos.

If you go this route, just PM me the amount you need before you purchase so it can be accommodated. On the same hand, if you buy some Display Stands that we sell here then jumbos could be put inside that order as well. Anything past 3 jumbos will come at a cost .. we can provide up to 3 free if you need them.

On the same hand, if you buy some Display Stands that we sell here then jumbos could be put inside that order as well. Anything past 3 jumbos will come at a cost .. we can provide up to 3 free if you need them.

I'll take that deal. Wanted to try out a stand anyways. But how much would it cost me for just like 50 jumbo sleeves shipped?

I only need 3 but I got a friend who will most likely want some.