Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all - interesting to read the different thoughts on slip covers vs poly bags. Personally I've so far chosen to go for bags as they are easier to get and cheaper.

That said my supplier of bags seems to be shipping ever so slightly smaller ones as getting G2's into them is a right pain of late! :(

Does anyone know the following;

1) Source of G2 specific bags (preferably in the UK)
2) Source of slightly larger bags for digibooks and amarays with slip covers (I have a few of these now and they don't fit the bags I currently have...

I was wondering though - do the slip covers have a bottom so to speak or is the base of the steelbook still exposed?

I go with bags, much cheaper. I've seen some slip sleeves with bottom exposed and some from side. They are a snug fit and would only fit a G2 ... however, this is only if newkid would source and shipping is pretty expensive on these since they cannot be folded or broken down. I would advise only a few of these for some of your favs in regards to cost. Tho it depends on the collector. Some put their favs in stands etc. or hard alpha cases.

Reactions: Antman
Poly Sleeves

Hi I was looking at getting some poly sleeves for my steel book are the ones offered on this site any good and is it a trusted source to order from.

Now if only we could find a source for G2 Steelbook poly (actually I prefer resealable mylar) sleeves. There is a place I ordered from that sold G2 sized resealable mylar sleeves, but they were just a tad too small to fit Steelbooks. You know what I think is weird is that whenever you order an Asian Steelbook, it comes in a resealable mylar sleeve, but I can't find anyone that actually sells a sleeve that size... not even in any of the Asian countries. Am I right, or does somebody know of a G2 sized sleeve that will fit a Steelbook?

ken are you saying the ones on this site won't fit g2 steels?

No, I've never bought the ones on this site. These are the ones you're talking about, right?: http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-accessories/ These sleeves are G1 size and will "fit" both G1 and G2 steels, but are not actually "shorter" and thus you have to fold the top couple of inches over when you slip a G2 steel in there. I'm looking for a sleeve that will fit a G2 Steelbook without having to fold over the top couple of inches... one that's actually "blu ray" sized. As far as I know, there is no such animal at this time though.

Last edited:
Reactions: stinkofdefeat
My source has dried up of the correct ones. I can still get sleeves but not that will fit over a sealed Steelbook, and open one or Amaray, they're no problem to get hold of. Also The ones I used to get were just short enough to fit nicely over a G2 but just long enough to stretch over a G1 as well. They also need to have the "sticky strip" on the tab not the sleve. I have a very good source for jumbo poly sleeves but they shall remain nameless. :)

My source has dried up of the correct ones. I can still get sleeves but not that will fit over a sealed Steelbook, and open one or Amaray, they're no problem to get hold of. Also The ones I used to get were just short enough to fit nicely over a G2 but just long enough to stretch over a G1 as well. They also need to have the "sticky strip" on the tab not the sleve. I have a very good source for jumbo poly sleeves but they shall remain nameless. :)

Thats the thing I like the most. I had some last year from a guy in Germany. I wished I had bought more.