Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got some clear slipcovers from Protected.de. Only a small portion of my Steelbooks so far are open, but I took some pics of the same side-facing Steels on my shelf in baggies and in the slipcovers (sorry for the glare).

Steels with Poly bags ...
steelswithpolybags.jpg

Steels with Protected.de slipcovers
steelswithprotecteddesl.jpg

One thing to note is that the Protected.de slipcovers are slightly wider than the poly bags, so fitting the same amount of Steels on a shelf is a tight squeeze, so for now I am opting to fit one less on each shelf.

Also, Protected.de makes DVD/ G1 sized Steelbook slipcovers which fit normal DVD cases, too ...

starwarsprotected.jpg

Thanks Owl for these shots!

So, the Star Wars are just the regular DVD's from the Protected.de site? I really like your display here.

In the second pic, which ones are in the protected.de bags - Superman/Degeneration, or Resident Evil 1-4, Salt, and Sin City?

Those poly bags in the first pic look simply hideous...

Reactions: lolwut and terry44
I am looking for better quality plastic sleeves, not the poly sleeves as they are a little too thin and some steels I have still sustained missing paintmarks on the bottom of the case. Anyone know anywhere thats reasonable and delivered cheap to the UK?

Thanks Owl for these shots!

So, the Star Wars are just the regular DVD's from the Protected.de site? I really like your display here.

In the second pic, which ones are in the protected.de bags - Superman/Degeneration, or Resident Evil 1-4, Salt, and Sin City?

Those poly bags in the first pic look simply hideous...

Yes, those Star Wars DVDs use the DVD size slips from Protected.de. Thanks for the kudos. :)

In the second pic nothing is in poly bags. The first pic the Steels are in some other company's poly bags, and yes, they look awful! I like the way the protecte.de slips make the spines look, but I don't like the lack of shelf wear protection on the bottom of the Steel. Now what I do is wrap the Steel in the Protected.de 14mm poly bags (perfect fit for G2 Steels and best looking poly bags I've seen) plus a sleeve.

What would really be awesome would be slips/ sleeves like the one from Protected.de but with coverage on the bottom. Maybe a side loading or top loading design would work, but I've never seen it.

Yes, those Star Wars DVDs use the DVD size slips from Protected.de. Thanks for the kudos. :)

In the second pic nothing is in poly bags. The first pic the Steels are in some other company's poly bags, and yes, they look awful! I like the way the protecte.de slips make the spines look, but I don't like the lack of shelf wear protection on the bottom of the Steel. Now what I do is wrap the Steel in the Protected.de 14mm poly bags (perfect fit for G2 Steels and best looking poly bags I've seen) plus a sleeve.

What would really be awesome would be slips/ sleeves like the one from Protected.de but with coverage on the bottom. Maybe a side loading or top loading design would work, but I've never seen it.

Any link?

Thanks for that explanation! I guess the lesson to be learned here is that until they offer a sleeve that covers top and bottom, no one option seems to stand out amongst the contenders.

could you give link from protected.de items for dvd steels and blu-ray steels (no slip cover)

I don't see the sleeve item !

5 € for 10 pieces it's quite expensive isn't it ?

thank you

Last edited:
How to care for SteelBooks?

Hi

I don't intend on keeping mine under lock and key and want to enjoy them but I also want to try and keep them as pristine as I can.

Any tips from the forum on protecting SteelBooks?

Cheers

Hi

I don't intend on keeping mine under lock and key and want to enjoy them but I also want to try and keep them as pristine as I can.

Any tips from the forum on protecting SteelBooks?

Cheers

I've moved your thread to here, feel free to read about all the different types mentioned in this thread.

Reactions: OxfordNick
customised steelbook shelving ??

What does everyone keep there steelbooks on/in ?? Especially to stop them scratching ??

Please add pictures :)

Im creating a shelf but it wont hold many and has spungy foam as dividers to stop them scratching or bumping each other (hopefully it wont look too bad). I will put pics on here too when its finished.

Any ideas where/if you can buy shelving specifically for steelbooks ??? - im not a fan of the clear plasic sleeves nor having them scratched to buggery. :ohno: