Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone bought some of those Blu-ray SteelBook Transparent slipcases from Germany. LINK If so, do you recommend them over the poly sleeves LINK or visa versa?

I've got them and they are great, although they have both advantages and disadvantages.

First, theor top and bottom is exposed, unlike sleeves, so you could scratch the bottom of the Steels when putting them on/ taking off the shelf if the shelf is the wrong kind of material.

However, the big advantages are that they have a flawless spine, unlike bags which add that thin line through the middle of the spine, and they are arguably easier to get at the SteelBook itself.

HTH

Well I just bought these for $22.50 at the link below. I got 500 poly sleeves... thats right 500! They fit the steelbook a little more snug then I would like but they fit just fine and are perfect for what I was looking for and very cheap. I mean 500 poly sleeves for 22.50 Im pretty much set for a long time, lol.

Unlike many on here I prefer the sticky part to be on the flap so these were perfect for me.

Link to them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270645033542

Last edited:
I bought a bag of THESE 100 OPP 14mm Poly Bags from Amazon. They look to be the same thing that's sold here. Not positive though. I don't think they will include the jumbo poly bags. $3.50 with free shipping, you can't beat that. I'll report back when I get them.

I'm still undecided on whether to go with the poly bags or the German clear sleeves. I guess I'll have to get some of those too to make up my mind.

Last edited:
I bought a bag of THESE 100 OPP 14mm Poly Bags from Amazon. They look to be the same thing that's sold here. Not positive though. I don't think they will include the jumbo poly bags. $3.50 with free shipping, you can't beat that. I'll report back when I get them.

I'm still undecided on whether to go with the poly bags or the German clear sleeves. I guess I'll have to get some of those too to make up my mind.

Well, I got my poly bags in and they do there job well as you can see from the pictures. Can anyone confirm if the others had the peel and stick seal on the flap or the base part of the bag? These have it on the base part of the bag.

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

This was the total for them:

Item Subtotal: $3.50
Shipping & Handling: $6.41
Super Saver Discount: -$6.41
Total Before Tax: $3.50
Shipment Total: $3.50

I've got them and they are great, although they have both advantages and disadvantages.

First, theor top and bottom is exposed, unlike sleeves, so you could scratch the bottom of the Steels when putting them on/ taking off the shelf if the shelf is the wrong kind of material.

However, the big advantages are that they have a flawless spine, unlike bags which add that thin line through the middle of the spine, and they are arguably easier to get at the SteelBook itself.

HTH
Your right about the thin line along the spine. If you have your steels lined up on the shelf with the spines showing it makes it difficult to see the name and takes away from the art of the spine. Hrm... I'll probably order some of those hard SB clear sleeves and try them out. Although these poly bags are super cheap but the extra money for some hard sleeves may be worth it in the end so long as they show off your spine.

Cheers...

Last edited:
poly seelves best place to buy them

i see there 15$ usd on here or so i see them on ebay for 4.99 free ship for dvd size

i was woundering what size the sleeves are and has any one had problems buying the sleeves from this site?

i see there 15$ usd on here or so i see them on ebay for 4.99 free ship for dvd size

i was woundering what size the sleeves are and has any one had problems buying the sleeves from this site?

I moved your post to here ILOVESTEELBOOKS. feel free to read this thread for more info, or just reply here with any more questions you have.

I have found with DVD sized sleeves, they leave too much room for my steelbook to float around, and I don't feel like it works very well for the display on my shelf.

I moved your post to here ILOVESTEELBOOKS. feel free to read this thread for more info, or just reply here with any more questions you have.

I have found with DVD sized sleeves, they leave too much room for my steelbook to float around, and I don't feel like it works very well for the display on my shelf.

Apsmith, are the ones sold on here not 14mm? I bought some that were 12mm and they were too small so I found some others on Amazon that were 14mm and they fit the SteelBooks but they are also long enough to fit G1 size too. Are the ones sold here that big or are they just the right highth for G2 size? Also is the sticky on the flap or the bag part?

IMHO I wouldn't recommend those plastic alpha cases to anyone as I used to work with them in a store and they can often jam and get stuck! Sometimes we even had to refuse a sale as we couldn't get the case out! lol. You would then need a hacksaw or something to get into the damn things.

Just a thought.

IMHO I wouldn't recommend those plastic alpha cases to anyone as I used to work with them in a store and they can often jam and get stuck! Sometimes we even had to refuse a sale as we couldn't get the case out! lol. You would then need a hacksaw or something to get into the damn things.

Just a thought.

All the alpha cases I have my high value steelbooks in have the locking mechanism removed. So there's no way you can't get it open.

Just to be safe, I also put them in a plastic sleeve to prevent the plastic wrap from ripping.

I've had no trouble with those alpha cases at all, given they were also new and not former rentals.

I could see problems with them if they were getting opened and closed all the time at a video store though.

They probably jam because of the lock mechanism. Its just a thin metal spring. If forced, it could easily get bent and jam. I remove the spring from any I sell.
Andy is right. If you use them, always use protector slips and ALWAYS insert the steelbook in the smaller side or you will have damage.

Sent From The Bat Cave.