Premium Supporter
Apr 19, 2011
France
Release Date: {param} April 2nd, 2014
Price: EUR22.99
Buy Link: Amazon.fr

51qYbTTPwIL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived this morning 2 days from Amazon FR to UK great service.
Was in one of those cardboard envelopes but glad to say its mint :LOL: no dents or spine slashes, lovely Steelbook can't wait to watch this

Lovely looking steel, but works out around £28 so not sure whether to gamble or wait to see if this gets a UK release

Lovely looking steel, but works out around £28 so not sure whether to gamble or wait to see if this gets a UK release

That's what I thought too, and when I saw the listing on Amazon.fr and converted the price I decided to go for it because:

1) it looked a good steelbook
2) still no sign of a release date in the UK (either cinema or Blu-ray/DVD)
3) heard good things about the movie and has a great cast
4) until recent announcements from Kimchi this was the only steelbook edition
5) at the time there was still some doubt over whether we would get the uncut version or the Weinstein cut, and this French release is uncut

I don't know what sort of quantities this is being produced in, but figured it was worth the risk to avoid any disappointment. Now that I have the steel in hand I'm glad I took the chance!

That's what I thought too, and when I saw the listing on Amazon.fr and converted the price I decided to go for it because:

5) at the time there was still some doubt over whether we would get the uncut version or the Weinstein cut, and this French release is uncut

I don't know what sort of quantities this is being produced in, but figured it was worth the risk to avoid any disappointment. Now that I have the steel in hand I'm glad I took the chance!

You may have just tempted me ;)

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Took the plunge but went for the ultimate edition, thought as I was paying more, may as well make the most out of it!!

Same here mine worked out to exactly £25 & delivered in 2 days
Even if this gets a UK release we can't guarantee a Steelbook & you would be still looking at a possible price of £19.99 or more & it may not be uncut.
Good buy all round I think.

Same here mine worked out to exactly £25 & delivered in 2 days
Even if this gets a UK release we can't guarantee a Steelbook & you would be still looking at a possible price of £19.99 or more & it may not be uncut.
Good buy all round I think.

UK release is set to be the uncut version.

http:// http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a549730/chris-evans-sci-fi-snowpiercer-confirmed-for-uncut-release.html#~oAGWweMqkVlcGN

Not having English subs for the scenes in the uncut version is pretty crucial to me so I'll either wait for confirmation of the details for kimchidvd or chance that uk will get something decent....

Last edited:
Reactions: Coop and flateric
UK release is set to be the uncut version.

http:// http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a549730/chris-evans-sci-fi-snowpiercer-confirmed-for-uncut-release.html#~oAGWweMqkVlcGN

Not having English subs for the scenes in the uncut version is pretty crucial to me so I'll either wait for confirmation of the details for kimchidvd or chance that uk will get something decent....

I can always double dip if the UK brings out a decent steelbook, or buy a cheap amaray version just to replace the French disc to understand the Korean sections :D

Snowpiercer blu-ray.

Hi Everyone

I received the big box set this morning from Amazon France and can confirm the following:-

The books are in French (as expected) - however one of the books apart from the first couple of pages is only sketches so that is not so much of a worry.

The blu-ray disc does NOT have FORCED french subtitles, there are no English subtitles for the very few Korean spoken parts.

However the 5 minute prequel animation which plays before the movie is in Korean with french subtitles only although some lines are spoken in English.

I did not try the DVD.

Hope this answers the question of the dreaded forced subtitles!

D.

Got mine from amazon.fr last week great film and stunning steelbook! :drool:

Mine only grip is with the reverse spine (common with French releases I believe) and the fact that it's plain silver and doesn't carry artwork over from the cover.

Comparing it to the mockup of the Italian release which has all those stupid review quotes along the top which ruin it I noticed the spine on the Italian release (which is the correct way around) doesn't line up, but looks as those it would with the French version! :wtf:

Snowpiercer.jpg

May have to double dip now and make a hybrid. :D

Last edited:
make the hybrid then just sell off the other hybrid on ebay. to recoup some costs. just a thought. ;) and good catch btw.

Reactions: redlemon