Socom Confrontation Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (also known as SOCOM: Confrontation) is a third person tactical shooter video game developed by Slant Six Games and published exclusively by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The game was released on October 14, 2008 on the PlayStation Network and Blu-ray Disc in North America and will be released in 2009 in Europe.[2][4] The game is the fifth title in the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series and the first for the PlayStation 3. An online-only shooter in the same vein as Warhawk, Confrontation came packaged the same way as Warhawk, with the retail version coming packaged with the official PlayStation 3 Bluetooth headset or as a standalone game, and also released as a downloadable title from PlayStation Network.

socom.jpg

Similar to previous games in the series, SOCOM: Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community. Also, the game will feature several playable special operations forces teams: the U.S.'s Navy SEALs, U.K.'s Special Air Service (SAS), Germany's Kommando Spezialkräfte (KSK), Spain's Unidad de Operaciones Especiales (UOE), and France's 1er Régiment Parachutiste d'Infanterie de Marine (1er RPIMa).

Special Forces gameplay trailer:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/3b513f21" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/3b513f21" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually was close to jumping on ... but fear a download or update patch, and just wanna knock some heads and since their is a decent crowd on MOH Im getting on that. However if you guys were to get a dedicated game day up for this I'd be down.

played this game tonight again with RK and bailey. reminds me of the good ole days!

yup...good times

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I actually was close to jumping on ... but fear a download or update patch, and just wanna knock some heads and since their is a decent crowd on MOH Im getting on that. However if you guys were to get a dedicated game day up for this I'd be down.

excuses....all i hear is excuses lol

i prolly wouldnt be able to make a dedicated night. im only on cause we had back to back exams monday and tuesday and i need a break tonight before i start studying for a microbio beast next monday.

been a good night tho! :D