Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)

11774074-1204595967948798.jpg
11774073-3834595967794133.jpg

11774074-1594595967584952.jpg
11774074-1594595967694350.jpg
11774073-1064581216802098.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if they deliberately used an image for the story where she's pictured with the bad guys.

What really scares me is that she is wearing all black, has her hair shaped like a helmet, and she is getting a thumbs up from the stormtrooper next to her. I can already hear the Imperial March theme playing in the background.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I watched the film last night first time viewing it's a good film
I decided to watch this film pretending as If I never seen any star wars film if that makes any sense ;)

I don't want to get into spoiler details for those not seen the film yet the ending has an unexpected tie in to another star wars film.

Steelbook itself is not the best IMO it could have been done a lot better but it was a must have purchase for me anyway as a collector

Be interesting to see what Blufans provide in terms of artwork and hopefully the problems with Blufans can be sorted soon for future releases to get back on track

I usually purchase multiple editions of Star Wars films from Target/Walmart/Best Buy so I will be likely picking up these other editions of this film if I can still get them when I'm back to having healthy spare funds available.

• Thanks
I watched the film last night first time viewing it's a good film
I decided to watch this film pretending as If I never seen any star wars film if that makes any sense ;)

I don't want to get into spoiler details for those not seen the film yet the ending has an unexpected tie in to another star wars film.

Steelbook itself is not the best IMO it could have been done a lot better but it was a must have purchase for me anyway as a collector

Be interesting to see what Blufans provide in terms of artwork and hopefully the problems with Blufans can be sorted soon for future releases to get back on track

I usually purchase multiple editions of Star Wars films from Target/Walmart/Best Buy so I will be likely picking up these other editions of this film if I can still get them when I'm back to having healthy spare funds available.
Mine still hasn't arrived. Hopefully it gets here Monday now....

Reactions: paulboland
Mine still hasn't arrived. Hopefully it gets here Monday now....
I got delivery on Thursday morning and also my replacement for Marvel's Agents of Shield steelbook
I got a fright when delivered I heard a loud bang as my post hit the floor and I heard the postman saying sorry as he left :rofl: but no damage when I checked both steelbooks

Hopefully you will get delivery on Monday

• Haha
I got delivery on Thursday morning and also my replacement for Marvel's Agents of Shield steelbook
I got a fright when delivered I heard a loud bang as my post hit the floor and I heard the postman saying sorry as he left :rofl: but no damage when I checked both steelbooks

Hopefully you will get delivery on Monday
I'm not so sure now. Usually all Irish orders arrive the same week......

I'm not so sure now. Usually all Irish orders arrive the same week......
It varies with Zavvi you can get delivery in 3-10 days or be waiting 2 weeks or longer

My original order for Agents of Shield that arrived damaged took 15 days to be delivered but the replacement was delivered in 6 days
Solo steelbook took 8 days

I would give it 15 days before you need to contact Zavvi and even then they will tell you to wait 21 days

Was reading the trivia about this film on IMDB and it states its the first time a human speaks 'Wookie' and the first time its translated on screen in subtitles.

However when I watched the 3D disc last night there were no subtitles in the film at all. Maybe they were automatically turned off? Surely they should be burned in?

Did any of you guys see subtitles?

Was reading the trivia about this film on IMDB and it states its the first time a human speaks 'Wookie' and the first time its translated on screen in subtitles.

However when I watched the 3D disc last night there were no subtitles in the film at all. Maybe they were automatically turned off? Surely they should be burned in?

No in 3D I didn't have any injected subtitles either?

Reactions: BluSteel2012
How was the 3D presentation of this?
The 3D is poor on this one.

I think the problem is the film itself is very dark. It's hard even to make out what's going on in certain parts (I had to rewind back to see what Chewie did to the guy in the elevator!)

Looks like they have one of those stupid green/blue filters on the cameras for most of the film.

I'm not sure if the regular BD is any different as I haven't watched that yet.

Reactions: blu-steel

There are subs on my 4K version and when I saw it in the cinema. From memory it is only in the section where they meet, they don't go on for the whole film.