Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is lots of post delayed at the moment you can be lucky with some items that your parcel was processed in a sorting center that don't have excess post to process
Some items that get posted after other items can end up been processed ahead of outstanding post it will vary with sorting centers
Post often moves between various sorting centers before it's actually with your local post depot to be out for delivery

There is a huge increase of online shopping at the moment since the various lockdown's was reintroduced in UK and some other european countries
I understand all that, but I have placed - and received - orders from Zavvi in the meantime, so I just don't believe that's the reason in this case. Especially given the sheer number of people reporting they haven't received them (unless it was a whole batch that has been held up somewhere with other products effectively 'overtaking' them within the system, which isn't unheard of).

I had an issue with Attack of the Clones, after 3 weeks of waiting I received a payment card from Royal Mail.
Went down to the local sorting office and the steelbooks were being held by customs after being shipped from Guernsey. They wanted the VAT plus custom charges paid before I could get them, was about £10 I think.
Asked to have a look at the packages as I had no idea what was I was paying for, realized it was from Zavvi and told them to send it back lol.

Hope the same hasn't happened again with Solo.

• Wow
Reactions: kingkarl1967
I had an issue with Attack of the Clones, after 3 weeks of waiting I received a payment card from Royal Mail.
Went down to the local sorting office and the steelbooks were being held by customs after being shipped from Guernsey. They wanted the VAT plus custom charges paid before I could get them, was about £10 I think.
Asked to have a look at the packages as I had no idea what was I was paying for, realized it was from Zavvi and told them to send it back lol.

Where are you based? If in the UK, then this should not have happened.

Yep in the UK, and Royal Mail said the item is way over the limit at £29.99 so was why it got caught by customs. I responded by saying I get loads of these from Zavvi which they just shrugged their shoulders at me.

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Yep in the UK, and Royal Mail said the item is way over the limit at £29.99 so was why it got caught by customs. I responded by saying I get loads of these from Zavvi which they just shrugged their shoulders at me.
Customers with a delivery address based in UK vat is included in price
Guernsey is a British crown dependencies

Zavvi Webstie
Payments and Discounts
Orders placed, which are delivered within the UK, are inclusive of VAT.

Deliveries outside of the UK may be subject to an import duties and taxes, including VAT, which are levied once the order reaches the destination country.

Vat is not included if delivery address is based outside UK

Royal Mail and UK Customs should not have been looking for Vat payment when delivery address is based in UK

Zavvi would have refunded you if needed

Some staff at Royal Mail need to be trained properly

Customers with a delivery address based in UK vat is included in price
Guernsey is a British crown dependencies

Zavvi Webstie
Payments and Discounts
Orders placed, which are delivered within the UK, are inclusive of VAT.

Deliveries outside of the UK may be subject to an import duties and taxes, including VAT, which are levied once the order reaches the destination country.

Vat is not included if delivery address is based outside UK

Royal Mail and UK Customs should not have been looking for Vat payment when delivery address is based in UK

Zavvi would have refunded you if needed

Some staff at Royal Mail need to be trained properly
To be honest I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle trying to get the money back, and the mailers were pretty banged up so more than likely some sort of damage too.

To be honest I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle trying to get the money back, and the mailers were pretty banged up so more than likely some sort of damage too.
I would still have complained as you never know - if you complain politely, you often get more than just your money back (as I have found on numerous occasions whenever I have a legitimate complaint). You get a much better response than ranting and raving. Good phrases to use for best results are: "not up to your usual standards" (even if their usual standards are p-poor in the first place!), "letting your paying customers down", "damaging your reputation" etc. I've recently received a refund PLUS compensation equating to an additional 50% the value of the refund for an M&S order that Hermes delivered to the wrong address after I pointed out to M&S that using Hermes (in my experience, THE worst courier in the UK, by a LONG way) was a reflection on M&S (with whom I had placed the order), thereby damaging M&S' reputation. :)

Reactions: mattyl149
Er, but there IS no limit for goods from the Channel Islands to the UK! As @paulboland states, some staff at Royal Mail need to be trained properly!

Oh, and by that (incorrect) logic, I should have been charged for the Back To The Future boxset!

Just moved my remaining order over to Amazon and just one steel to come which as already been charged for Star Wars TROSW after this and my Solo issue resolved it's total close down of my account with these arse holes.

I cancelled my remaining steel pre-orders a couple of weeks ago and moved them over to Amazon too.

The only outstanding steel is SW Ep9 and then I'm done with these monkeys.

Reactions: kingkarl1967

The shipping label on zavvi shipments to the UK actually have printed on it in the left upper corner the amount of VAT already PAID.

YOU SHOULD HAVE POINTED THAT OUT. LOL

Also under country of origin of goods it says GB

The shipping label on zavvi shipments to the UK actually have printed on it in the left upper corner the amount of VAT already PAID.

YOU SHOULD HAVE POINTED THAT OUT. LOL

Also under country of origin of goods it says GB
Nuts! That's a really good point actually, just looked at one of the cardboard mailers now that I have for Rogue One, it doesn't say VAT paid but has a cross in the box for VAT 5.0 whatever that means.

Nuts! That's a really good point actually, just looked at one of the cardboard mailers now that I have for Rogue One, it doesn't say VAT paid but has a cross in the box for VAT 5.0 whatever that means.
That means £5.00 VAT has been paid, which would be correct: £24.99 + 20%VAT (£5.00) = £29.99 overall (once rounded up).

I've looked at some of mine, and that figure by the VAT box differs according to the overall price of the steelbook.

That’s because Zavvi have sent them to someone else for free. If you look on eBay, you can probably see our copies there.
Sadly, I think you're right. Once they're more than 3 or 4 days late, then you just know it's never going to arrive (and was most likely never even sent in the first place, regardless of what the despatch email might suggest).

Still no sign of Solo. After cancelling the ST, I gave in and re-ordered TFA. That came today, despite receiving no dispatch email, and the order still says processing on my zavvi account. How are Zavvi so incompetent? I want to email them telling them to investigate the problems with their warehouse and dispatch, but I know i'll just get a generic email response with no action.