Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
We finally get a steel for Solo that we are happy with, then in you come with your amazing concepts and just ruin it for everyone!!:naughty::LOL::shipped:

Seriously nice concept, guess blufans don't need to do any work again;)

To avoid the boarder going through his head, no border and debossed title would look great (note to blufans, although they always seem to emboss)

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the backs of these SW steels, would have loved a continuity from front to back, with colours and/or art..(which yours has done very well) but at least they've picked great front artworks(not including the floating head of course), and they've used gloss... I absolutely hate the low res original zavvi release so I'm very much looking forward to getting something superior to replace it:D
Lol never my intention... I just like to share my creations to see the general reaction and whether people have feedback. But thanks! Glad you like it. :)

It's an old-ish concept from when I was just getting into embossing stuff though, so had I done it now then I would've most likely embossed the characters so the border doesn't cut through his head. I agree it would probably work better without the border at all though.

I'm also not a fan of the backs on these... very lazy just slapping a screenshot on there. But hey-ho, beggars can't be choosers and I'm happy we finally got original poster art (for the most part) on the front of steels. :D

Reactions: chunk
Lol never my intention... I just like to share my creations to see the general reaction and whether people have feedback. But thanks! Glad you like it. :)

It's an old-ish concept from when I was just getting into embossing stuff though, so had I done it now then I would've most likely embossed the characters so the border doesn't cut through his head. I agree it would probably work better without the border at all though.

I'm also not a fan of the backs on these... very lazy just slapping a screenshot on there. But hey-ho, beggars can't be choosers and I'm happy we finally got original poster art (for the most part) on the front of steels. :D

Lol, I know it's never your intention, it just happens naturally :joy:

I always enjoy seeing your concepts, but it does make me wonder what the steelbook designers are thinking a lot of the time, they miss stuff that wouldn't cause extra cost in production.. they often just leave me confused, I know artwork has to be approved but I still think they can do much better in general

I thought about saving myself £60 and not getting RO and TFA as I have the blufans releases but all of the sequel trilogy, solo and RO will look so good together I have to get all 5:cigar: I love all these poster artworks (I don't even have a 4k tv and I'll be keeping all my previous steels with the 3D discs, so for me it's £30 a pop just for the pic on the front:shipped: and its definitely worth it!)

Reactions: Noodles
Lol, I know it's never your intention, it just happens naturally :joy:

I always enjoy seeing your concepts, but it does make me wonder what the steelbook designers are thinking a lot of the time, they miss stuff that wouldn't cause extra cost in production.. they often just leave me confused, I know artwork has to be approved but I still think they can do much better in general

I thought about saving myself £60 and not getting RO and TFA as I have the blufans releases but all of the sequel trilogy, solo and RO will look so good together I have to get all 5:cigar: I love all these poster artworks (I don't even have a 4k tv and I'll be keeping all my previous steels with the 3D discs, so for me it's £30 a pop just for the pic on the front:shipped: and its definitely worth it!)
Personally I think it's mostly down to the person designing the steels not being a collector, so they don't exactly know/care what we want on steels... especially when it comes to the studio's in-house designers anyway. Probably why the premium edition retailers put out much better stuff, since the majority are collectors themselves.

Haha I hear ya... been tempted a few times to buy the lot myself, but stuck to my guns of just getting the original trilogy steels. That may change if BluFans don't go ahead with their Solo and TROS releases though. :ohno:

Reactions: chunk
Personally I think it's mostly down to the person designing the steels not being a collector, so they don't exactly know/care what we want on steels... especially when it comes to the studio's in-house designers anyway. Probably why the premium edition retailers put out much better stuff, since the majority are collectors themselves.

Haha I hear ya... been tempted a few times to buy the lot myself, but stuck to my guns of just getting the original trilogy steels. That may change if BluFans don't go ahead with their Solo and TROS releases though. :ohno:

They should just run concept art comps on hdn, they'd get free art design and we'd get steelbooks designed by collectors.. the winner getting a free sb of their winning design.. that's if the world was perfect of course:)

So you're not buying this solo steel:dizzy: I don't know exactly what's going on with blufans, only that there is a problem with China and disney?maybe? I just know that I was gonna buy captain marvel and endgame from them and they never happened (got the recent zavvi lenti's which I'm very happy with). Are Blufans gonna make Solo, and if so.. could it be a long time from now? I'm just wondering if it's worth you getting this steel so you know you have a decent SB Edition of this film, could take a long time for blufans to catch up with all their backlog?.. and you can always sell it in the future when/if BFs release theirs... just a thought

Can’t believe its only one left to pre order and it’s tomorrow! Possibly the most anticipated by many too

it’s been emotional. but this can’t of been 22 weeks since a new hope pre order can it? I suppose not with some not going live every 2 weeks and the last two a day apart.

And just think of the fiascos we have to look forward to with the next 8 arriving. We’ve only had 3 in our hands and it’s been an absolute tremendous feat of sh!t storm! LOL