Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got an email, but I checked my account just now and there was "Problem processing your payment." :facepalm: And there's no reason there should be a problem. I paid again through Paypal, as before, and now it's changed to "Processing."

EDIT: And then almost immediately changed to "Awaiting Shipment." Looks like it'll be fine.
That’s happened to me. I contacted them and they said they’ll hold the item and give you three chances to pay and you’ll receive it when it goes through. Maybe your card expired or something. Zavvi are good like that. Mine have arrived on both occasions it happened to me.

That’s happened to me. I contacted them and they said they’ll hold the item and give you three chances to pay and you’ll receive it when it goes through. Maybe your card expired or something. Zavvi are good like that. Mine have arrived on both occasions it happened to me.
Nothing's changed with my payment, so I don't know what happens in their system. This happened once before, several months ago, and I could never get it resolved. It's still there in my order history, because when I eventually decided to just cancel it altogether, I couldn't get Zavvi to finish processing the cancellation. :)

Nothing's changed with my payment, so I don't know what happens in their system. This happened once before, several months ago, and I could never get it resolved. It's still there in my order history, because when I eventually decided to just cancel it altogether, I couldn't get Zavvi to finish processing the cancellation. :)
Maybe a bank glitch, I had an order in recently that wouldn’t change from blue to yellow until I cancelled and re ordered. If it’s changed to yellow you’ll have no problem and obviously green dispatched. Good luck.

Got mine today - the only steel from this run I kept on order after cancelling the rest when I wasn't happy with the final look of ANH. Thankfully my copy of Solo seems perfect, no alignment/print issue and no scratches. It'll do until the Blu Fans release (...if that ever comes).

The art on all of these is great, I just think the steels are boring - completely flat/cheap looking imo, and I still find the borders an odd design choice. At least Solo and Rogue One don't have the weird Star Wars coloured logo though.

Really pleased with these recently. After a bumpy start with loads of damaged ones I've had a run of seemingly perfect copies

This one is really nice although I think RO and TFA are the best so far

Reactions: LordTrolldemord
I never got an email, but I checked my account just now and there was "Problem processing your payment." :facepalm: And there's no reason there should be a problem. I paid again through Paypal, as before, and now it's changed to "Processing."

EDIT: And then almost immediately changed to "Awaiting Shipment." Looks like it'll be fine.
Yeah, not sure what's going on with them at the minute.

I've never not gotten a shipping confirmation before.

Question now, is what order are they going up on the shelf? :p

Chronological FTW

The titles may not line up but if you keep them in the J cards then the prominent age ratings are somewhat symmetrical reading PG, PG, 12, 12, 12, U, U, U, 12, 12, 12

And it's obviously the correct viewing order which I'd love to say is the main reason for putting them in that order but for me it's really due to those age ratings on the slips :facepalm:

Chronological FTW

The titles may not line up but if you keep them in the J cards then the prominent age ratings are somewhat symmetrical reading PG, PG, 12, 12, 12, U, U, U, 12, 12, 12

And it's obviously the correct viewing order which I'd love to say is the main reason for putting them in that order but for me it's really due to those age ratings on the slips :facepalm:

If you have both sets (the new 4K wave and the old face SteelBooks with the WWA releases for the last 3) then you can have one set on display in chronological and one set in order of release. That’s what I’ve done

Also done the same with my MCU collection. In chronological and release order

Chronological FTW

Was leaning this way tbh though I don't display with J-cards.

Mine arrived with no damage. Only two more to go then the circle is complete....
Well, until they bring another movie out with non matching steelbook, and the new set starts all over again.

Hmmm, really thought this would arrive today. Rogue one was dispatched a day before and arrived on Friday. Hopefully tomorrow.

Mine arrived with no damage. Only two more to go then the circle is complete....
Well, until they bring another movie out with non matching steelbook, and the new set starts all over again.

My guess is the X men series is next. I’m pretty sure they are all In 4K too so it’s seems more possible for a 4K re release wave (with hopefully much better art than anything we had prior)

Reactions: Retro Parrot
My guess is the X men series is next. I’m pretty sure they are all In 4K too so it’s seems more possible for a 4K re release wave (with hopefully much better art than anything we had prior)
I dunno about that... Unless they bring them into the MCU cannon fold, I fully expect disney to completely ignore the fox xmen films now. They are all in 4k though, yes, apart from the 1st 2 Wolverine spin offs.

I dunno about that... Unless they bring them into the MCU cannon fold, I fully expect disney to completely ignore the fox xmen films now. They are all in 4k though, yes, apart from the 1st 2 Wolverine spin offs.

See I think they will. It’s still money to them. And lets face it, the X men movies aren’t on the same level as daredevil, F4 etc which I could easily see Disney ignoring. Some of The X men films for the majority are in the same league as some of the greatest MCU (And DC films) films. X men/ 2/ days of future past/ Logan and first class are some of the best super hero films up there with some of the best MCU films and dark knight. No way marvel will ignore them going forward. not at least until the x men trickle into the MCU. Still a few years away for that and they can easily release them next year as a new wave of steels.

that is true. Surprised the wolverine never got a 4K transfer

See I think they will. It’s still money to them. And lets face it, the X men movies aren’t on the same level as daredevil, F4 etc which I could easily see Disney ignoring. Some of The X men films for the majority are in the same league as some of the greatest MCU (And DC films) films. X men/ 2/ days of future past/ Logan and first class are some of the best super hero films up there with some of the best MCU films and dark knight. No way marvel will ignore them going forward. not at least until the x men trickle into the MCU. Still a few years away for that and they can easily release them next year as a new wave of steels.

that is true. Surprised the wolverine never got a 4K transfer
In terms of quality, I agree with you, I'm a fox xmen fan through and through. Also, lets face it, even fox ignored DD and F4 after a while! Haha

If MCU do completely recreate the xmen to their own cannon I can't see them to continue touting the fox stuff as it'll just contradict their own bottom line.

Agree on 'The Wolverine' though, I'd have bought that, decent film. "Origins" not so much, that one can fairly happily be forgotten about about now...

Reactions: Flloydo