Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi tell you to wait 21 days from date of despatch email before they can do anything for you.

I never got a despatch email. I was getting worried and checked my order to find it says 'despatched' but I don't know when they sent it.......

To be honest I don't think they did. I think my copies gone to someone else.
But as @davhyl says, it should quote an expected delivery date. Mine says 09/11/20 (i.e. last Monday), and I received my despatch email the Friday before (06/11/20), so just take about 3 days off of your expected delivery date:
1605517846782.png

Got The Hard Way Steelbook from HMV and an order from Lalaland in America both delivered by Royal Mail but still no Solo.
What are the chances of this turning up ok now as it's been more than a week.
No wonder I stopped ordering any steelbooks apart from 2 from Zavvi.

The fact there are so many of us without one gives me a little bit of hope that it is a Zavvi cock up rather than it having gone missing in the post.

Oh yes it is definitely a zavvi cock up no doubt about it, but do they have enough copies to cater for us who don't have any seeing that they have been dishing them out like sweets to some who have had extra copies sent when they only ordered one. That is the thing I am concerned about

Nothing for me today yet again , think I am just about done with this **** show of a company going forward.
Just sent them this message.

Ok
Someone had better start looking into this absurd behaviour and all these people with missing delivery of this steelbook.
Do you even care about your customers because all this cut n paste replies are disgusting.
What is happening here do I have to report this to my bank and blacken your name all over social media because right now I am very angry over this situation.
take a look at the thread here and just see how many upset people there is.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Just unreal it's been 10 days since dispatch and there is nothing wrong with royal mail I have had stuff sent 2 days ago all delivered on time from other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Vader
Same here. I’m fed up with waiting, it’s obviously not going to turn up. Just sent them this:

This still hasn’t been delivered and I’ve waited patiently but will wait no longer. It’s clear from multiple posts on the steelbook forums that many others have not had delivery either and also that some people have reported receiving multiple copies by mistake.

Please do not ask me to wait until the end of this week again. It’s clear this was either never sent or has been sent to someone else. Given the amount of money I spend on SteelBooks with you, I would appreciate a proper response and a solution to this - either a full refund - or preferably - my copy being actually sent to me.

Many thanks, Etc.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Still nothing... just got charged for ‘Rise of Skywalker’ so what’s the betting this arrives before the weekend and Solo is still MIA, so sick of this useless company, endless delays with black series figures too that are widely available elsewhere, cancelled my retro figures after yet another ‘we expect our delivery on...’ date change and just bought them in the local supermarket, unless it’s an exclusive I really want and have no other choice I’d go anywhere else but zavvi...

But as @davhyl says, it should quote an expected delivery date. Mine says 09/11/20 (i.e. last Monday), and I received my despatch email the Friday before (06/11/20), so just take about 3 days off of your expected delivery date:
View attachment 491420
Can't speak to the EU, but for the US, those dates are way off. Solo was supposed to be here over a week ago and while I got R1 last week, their estimate was 11/2. I'm hoping I'll get Solo this week or next week.

Mine arrived but it’s misaligned.

Don’t want to send it back to them for a replacement as I know what they are like. Might be sold out, replacement might also turn up faulty or it might just never turn up at all.

Their customer service is so inconsistent.

When this happened for Attack of the clones they just sent me a replacement. For this one they are currently saying that it’s maybe just meant to be misaligned

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
No, it's not meant to be misaligned.

giphy.gif

kind of CS is that?
I've heard that the next range will be dented on purpose, followed by deliberate spine slashes and scratches across the front...

What next? Fashion retailers selling jeans with rips and holes in them...? Oh, wait... :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Same here. I’m fed up with waiting, it’s obviously not going to turn up. Just sent them this:

This still hasn’t been delivered and I’ve waited patiently but will wait no longer. It’s clear from multiple posts on the steelbook forums that many others have not had delivery either and also that some people have reported receiving multiple copies by mistake.

Please do not ask me to wait until the end of this week again. It’s clear this was either never sent or has been sent to someone else. Given the amount of money I spend on SteelBooks with you, I would appreciate a proper response and a solution to this - either a full refund - or preferably - my copy being actually sent to me.

Many thanks, Etc.
That's precisely what they've just said to me! lol. Think I'll send my next message at 12:01 Friday am rather than waiting for the postie to come round (nearer noon) with nothing yet again ...