Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I waited 3 weeks for my copy of Jaws 4k steel which never appeared and had sold out too. They managed to get me a copy. So I am hoping that with all these reports of missing copies they do the same.
Wasn't that a trade wide release though? Not a Zavvi exclusive.....

They probably got it from Amazon!

Did you guys have to fill out the Zavvi missing form for your replacements?
I did (got no reply) and I also contacted them over twitter and they said, “wait till 12/6,” which means I’m probably ******, since i thought they were doing the sale today and missed the 2nd chance. It makes no sense what they’re doing. Fix the issues and then sell any excess stock.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Wasn't that a trade wide release though? Not a Zavvi exclusive.....

They probably got it from Amazon!
Jaws steelbook lenticular slip collector's edition release was exclusive to Zavvi in UK
A lot did not get delivery of that release
I suspect someone at Zavvi warehouse was naughty or they oversold as I doubt these went missing in transit

HMV had same lenticular slip collector's edition but that was a amaray inside

Amazon UK only had the steelbook on it's own did not include the lenticular slip and booklet/artcards

Well I'm sorry but I don't agree with that.

Its ****** of Zavvi to expect people who didn't get their orders to drop more money with them instead of holding them back for replacements. Major Dick move! And your potentially buying someone who's missed out replacement copy!

I had that option. I refused and now its sold out. They better have held back replacements. Otherwise I've missed out. And if I have, so be it. The film is **** anyway!
Hey if both mine show up you can have my 2nd copy for $60 lol

Sorry but its foolish to let them dictate the schedule. You can call it a major dick move but you could easily see how this was going to play out. You could easily of just placed a 2nd order just like several of us and not put up with the zavvi BS on these releases.

Hey if both mine show up you can have my 2nd copy for $60 lol

Sorry but its foolish to let them dictate the schedule. You can call it a major dick move but you could easily see how this was going to play out. You could easily of just placed a 2nd order just like several of us and not put up with the zavvi BS on these releases.
No. Why should I spend more money with them?

That's what they wanted instead of replacing the missing items.....

I messaged ZAVVI that I prefer refund because I reordered yesterday when it came back to stock. However, I still received following reply.

'I will investigate this with our courier provider but in the meantime I am more than happy to arrange a replacement for you. We will send you an e-mail as soon as it is dispatched.'

It is so frustrating and tiring to communicate with their CS.

Woke up to this in the live chat messages

"I do apologise. 100% I can confirm that your order replacement is currently in our warehouse awaiting dispatch and will be on the way shortly!

Once this has been dispatched a confirmation email will be received, this will include all relevant delivery information."

No clue what the hell is going on anymore.

Something very strange going on at Zavvi at the moment.

Just looked at my order for this and all of the messages (4) I have sent and received are now blank, example:

1606466404438.png

They have not sent me out a replacement yet.

I ordered a second copy incase my replacement never gets sent out. No dispatch yet, even though est dispatch was yesterday.

Also, tried to cancel my LOTR order on 23rd and it wouldn't let me, even though I hadn't been charged. CS said the order had been processed so I could not cancel, but 4 days later it still hasn't been shipped??

So I still haven't received ny Solo steelbook and now I'm still waiting for my Rise of Skywalker steelbook. Yesterday i thought one of them had arrived but when i opened it it was...

...a replacement empty Empire Strikes Back steelbook case which I didn't ask for...

WTF Zavvi!!!

Look lads just boycott the entire company they are not worth the hassle ..... so many complaints from people.
Never dealt with such garbage in my life plus it's being going on for yrs , problem after problem.
The staff never listen and just use cut n paste replies 99% of the time instead of speaking to people properly and understanding the proper nature of the issue.
Glad I am out of this mess once and for all , so be it if I ever have to get an exclusive from the bay every now and again. It's far better than the headache of dealing with these muppets again.

Look lads just boycott the entire company they are not worth the hassle ..... so many complaints from people.
Never dealt with such garbage in my life plus it's being going on for yrs , problem after problem.
The staff never listen and just use cut n paste replies 99% of the time instead of speaking to people properly and understanding the proper nature of the issue.
Glad I am out of this mess once and for all , so be it if I ever have to get an exclusive from the bay every now and again. It's far better than the headache of dealing with these muppets again.

Good work! I'm sure that will do the trick. Nobody will ever buy from Zavvi again and I guess we've seen the last of the rants from you or anybody else about Zavvi. :thumbs:

I assume the chances of getting the original ‘dispatch’ is slim? Is the problem global or just local?? I have to wait another 7 days before I can contact them, but I doubt I’ll ever have this in my collection now..