Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My 21 days are up today. Now they're asking me to wait another week..

Seriously? What a shower of cnuts. I've not had customer service from them like this before. Why are they digging their heels in on this? I've asked to speak to a customer service executive but they just completely ignored that part in their last response.

I really hope this guys go into liquidation. They are a disgrace of a company.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
I assume the chances of getting the original ‘dispatch’ is slim? Is the problem global or just local?? I have to wait another 7 days before I can contact them, but I doubt I’ll ever have this in my collection now..
You only have to read a few of the comments on here (or Twitter) to realise that the issue is global. And pretty random at that, too. Some people were lucky and received theirs, but MANY people (including myself) never received theirs and it doesn't seem to be linked to any particular location - either within the UK or worldwide.

Replacement not arrived....now sold out....supposed to arrive yesterday or today....fingers crossed for tomorrow....
Hmm - same here. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow or Monday, then I'm going to start to fear that it's gone the same way as the first one, which will be getting beyond a joke!

Got my Rise of Skywalker today. Still no Solo (2 copies) and also missing 1 copy of TFA.

I sent Zavvi a message asking if I reach December 6 and the copies of Solo still haven't arrived whether they can guarantee replacement copy availability. They just avoided my question and sent back a generic response that I have to wait until December 6, at which time they will investigate.

It really does seem like there are far too many missing copies for them to just sweep it under the rug and not have replacement copies.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
Wouldn't surprise me if they're printing off more and they won't be available until after Dec 6th.

I mean their policy is 21 days and they're making us wait longer. WTF?

Wouldn't surprise me if they're printing off more and they won't be available until after Dec 6th.

I mean their policy is 21 days and they're making us wait longer. WTF?

Hopefully you're might be right; and it could be that in the interim they are still trying to figure out what happened. It's really hard to figure out how so many steelbooks to so many people in so many countries have gone missing - unless maybe an entire shipment somehow got destroyed, perhaps on the way from the warehouse to the planes that were supposed to fly them out.

Didn't they similarly go silent for quite a while with ESB before everyone was told replacement cases would be sent to everyone?

They never replied or sent me a replacement which I asked for. I woke up to an email saying that they have refunded me for my initial order on Friday morning. Good job I ordered another in the restock which got despatched Friday afternoon. So fingers crossed.

I think they need to stop putting the name of the film/ steelbook and price on the shipping label. I find it so weird and I’ve never known any other company to do that.
Really p!sses me off

Reactions: adds83 and Stygian
I think they need to stop putting the name of the film/ steelbook and price on the shipping label. I find it so weird and I’ve never known any other company to do that.
Really p!sses me off

You only think that because I pointed it out to you. :p

:LOL:

They never replied or sent me a replacement which I asked for. I woke up to an email saying that they have refunded me for my initial order on Friday morning. Good job I ordered another in the restock which got despatched Friday afternoon. So fingers crossed.

Screwed me over,, Friday Night refund, I didn't want,, left in the void,,
Bloody terrible, selling more when so many problems known .... Liars. Despicable behaviour.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
I contacted them via email and they wanted me to fill out some kind of lost mail form...

Well I facebook messaged them and after giving my address numerous times, they finally sent me a replacement.

The question is, will these lost copies turn up eventually?

My ...original order arrived today in Germany. Shipped on Nov 8th, 20 days ago. I didn't order a second copy during the restock though I was tempted to.
Unfortunately got hit by customs so I had to pay significant extra. This is the last item I order from Zavvi above German customs limit. At least copy was mint. :)

Before I initiate returns I can help someone out with the two small 'defective' unsealed copies I have. I am more than happy to provide photos of the defects if anyone wants them at cost plus shipping from UK, as my new copy arrived in perfect condition.