Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
*Rant time*

Just done chatting with their customer "service".
This business deserves to go under.
Directly or indirectly they have facked this Star Wars saga every way possible, at times getting quite creative with how they were going to screw us on a particular episode. The experience has been exhausting, not just the drama but the endless chats, repeating over and over the same data, having to read things I already know... it's just not something I care to have the patience for. The way they treat their loyal customers is appalling.
Icing on the cake is having sold all copies of Solo days before they knew they would have plenty of claims from the customers that were actually ready for preorder on day 1. Now, oops, they don't have any left to fulfill those orders.

M*th*rf***rs

Much quicker response, thanks. Have been asked to fill out some "Non receipt of goods" form.
Not a hope these were ever sent out, I haven't seen one person who received their original shipment.

Why is Zavvi such an unbridled sh*tshow all the time?
Well, some people have been receiving them. Either that, or the copies for sale on eBay don't actually exist!

Just received Rogue, TROS, and my Empire replacement. So hopefully Solo is next lol. The arrival times on these are all messed up but at least that have been showing up so far.

Reactions: Shark
Hi guys,
I think the first shipment was sent from another warehouse, not the usual one. Definitely something went wrong, coz a lot us has not received it. It's not like some few steals here and there.

Now, after 21 days of waiting and several emails sent and bs answers received from Zavvi, here's what I've got from them yesterday :

"Thank you for getting in touch about this. I am so sorry that you have not received your order. As this was sent untracked, I do unfortunately not have any details about what has gone wrong. We are happy to refund you this order, as it is now out of stock a replacement is not available".

I'm so pissed at them! :punch:
Did you not order another during the restock?

I contacted Zavvi last week about not receiving and received a replacement copy yesterday after having to give them my address too many times.

I’m putting this update in here (this was for Return of the Jedi).
My copy got the old spine slash from the original delivery. I sent it back under the promise of a replacement which I never got.
When the new stock went up for sale I got another copy (received intact, amazingly) and then I went for a major rant on Twitter. Refusing to fire over a DM I continued giving them sh&@ until they sent me a DM.
I told them the story and how thoroughly annoyed I was and (this made me laugh). He said that they were out of stock of Jedi which I then brought up again how are they going to replace the new stock that they damage or lose?
During the rant I told them that I had secured a new copy and I was just having a go due to the way they treated us.
Then the surprising bit happened, I was offered a full refund for the Return of the Jedi copy that I had just purchased.
I have now received my copy in a big padded box and the refund.
So, anyone that has been put through the ringer during this debacle should give them hell.

Reactions: DMD4k
I’m putting this update in here (this was for Return of the Jedi).
My copy got the old spine slash from the original delivery. I sent it back under the promise of a replacement which I never got.
When the new stock went up for sale I got another copy (received intact, amazingly) and then I went for a major rant on Twitter. Refusing to fire over a DM I continued giving them sh&@ until they sent me a DM.
I told them the story and how thoroughly annoyed I was and (this made me laugh). He said that they were out of stock of Jedi which I then brought up again how are they going to replace the new stock that they damage or lose?
During the rant I told them that I had secured a new copy and I was just having a go due to the way they treated us.
Then the surprising bit happened, I was offered a full refund for the Return of the Jedi copy that I had just purchased.
I have now received my copy in a big padded box and the refund.
So, anyone that has been put through the ringer during this debacle should give them hell.
I'm more surprised your received it in a big padded box rather than the refund if I'm honest :LOL:

Reactions: howarmat and BDDB
Got this off Zavvi CS yesterday when chasing up whether my replacement had shipped, the bit I've put in bold is interesting.

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Solo: A Star Wars Story.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Solo: A Star Wars Story is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Got this off Zavvi CS yesterday when chasing up whether my replacement had shipped, the bit I've put in bold is interesting.

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Solo: A Star Wars Story.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Solo: A Star Wars Story is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

This happened with me with ROTJ. I kicked up a massive fuss about mine being late, and damaged and refused a refund and said I paid for a copy of the movie and wouldn’t settle for anything but. They said something very similar to me, and within a week or two they dispatched a brand new copy with a strange QR code on it. Not sure if they got a whole new one made (unlikely) or they managed to have excess stock! I really hope all of us who missed out end up getting a copy

Me neither. I didn't think that a second copy would go missing as well...
Mine did arrive yesterday in the end. Was supposed to be with me Thurs-Fri last week after the confirmation email came on the 24th. Not sure when you got your email but maybe it takes a few days from then?

Mine did arrive yesterday in the end. Was supposed to be with me Thurs-Fri last week after the confirmation email came on the 24th. Not sure when you got your email but maybe it takes a few days from then?
Last Tuesday (24th) also, with expected delivery date of Thu 26 Nov - Fri 27 Nov.

In my experience, anything that doesn't arrive within a week usually never arrives at all. There are exceptions, and hopefully this is one of them.

Many years ago, some relatives of mine received their Christmas cards from me in February the following year. I had posted them in early December!