Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My replacement came yesterday and my other copy of Episode 9 turned up today. My original one (thought lost, which is why I'd ordered another one) had a spine slash. That needs to go back

I have the full set now and all I need are some steelbook slipcovers to put them in

Finally zavvi returns my money and is unable to send a copy, when up to two hours after the notice there were stocks, or they had put up for sale those that had not been sent.
Useless

Reactions: DMD4k
Finally zavvi returns my money and is unable to send a copy, when up to two hours after the notice there were stocks, or they had put up for sale those that had not been sent.
Useless
They are a disgrace no doubt. I've been asked 3 different times now do I want a refund or a replacement. Requesting for a replacement each time (although I know they won't)

It's like they don't read any previous messages in the conversation. It's been going on for weeks now, going around in circles!

My correspondence with them regarding this order makes for comical reading. Very frustrating.

My replacement arrived today. Very surprised I got one and that it arrived. I don’t get how depending on who responds to your query determines if you get a replacement or refund.. it’s so bizarre.

They are a disgrace no doubt. I've been asked 3 different times now do I want a refund or a replacement. Requesting for a replacement each time (although I know they won't)

It's like they don't read any previous messages in the conversation. It's been going on for weeks now, going around in circles!

My correspondence with them regarding this order makes for comical reading. Very frustrating.
If it’s by Twitter DM chat then the history is deleted very quickly, probably a week tops. If it’s in the CS section, well that is CS peeps for you barely illiterate and slightly better than an HR ‘ker

Got this off Zavvi CS yesterday when chasing up whether my replacement had shipped, the bit I've put in bold is interesting.

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of Solo: A Star Wars Story.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Solo: A Star Wars Story is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
I had this with Zavvi Exclusive Jaws steelbook too. Didn't take that long to be honest. But at least they are getting back to you.

If it’s by Twitter DM chat then the history is deleted very quickly, probably a week tops. If it’s in the CS section, well that is CS peeps for you barely illiterate and slightly better than an HR ‘ker
My DM's on twitter I still have with all who I sent a DM to and also who sent me a DM

I still have all DM messages going back to 2017 with both Zavvi and Zavvi CS since I first sent a DM to Zavvi

None of my DM so far to date with anyone since I been using Twitter has been deleted

Message icon on twitter has all your DM messages history

DM is direct message and is private message system

Twitter tweets chat that can be seen by public these sometimes can be deleted but these are not DM Chat

Last edited:
Reactions: SamG2
My DM's on twitter I still have with all who I sent a DM to and also who sent me a DM

I still have all DM messages going back to 2017 with both Zavvi and Zavvi CS since I first sent a DM to Zavvi

None of my DM so far to date with anyone since I been using Twitter has been deleted

Message icon on twitter has all your DM messages history

DM is direct message and is private message system

Twitter tweets chat that can be seen by public these sometimes can be deleted but these are not DM Chat
I’m only talking about on their side. They have claimed it’s deleted after a short while.

I’m only talking about on their side. They have claimed it’s deleted after a short while.
If you receive a DM from someone it remains in your message history
If you reply to a DM that also remains in your message history unless you delete that reply you done.

Zavvi have never deleted any DM they sent me
I still have all DM messages from them

If you receive a DM from someone it remains in your message history
If you reply to a DM that also remains in your message history unless you delete that reply you done.

Zavvi have never deleted any DM they sent me
I still have all DM messages from them
I am guessing that English is not your first language.
All that I am saying is that Zavvi told me that they do not keep the DM’s, if that is true or not who knows or even cares.
I am fully aware that all of my DM’s are still visible as I have the ability to use Twitter.

I am guessing that English is not your first language.
All that I am saying is that Zavvi told me that they do not keep the DM’s, if that is true or not who knows or even cares.
I am fully aware that all of my DM’s are still visible as I have the ability to use Twitter.
English is my only language :p
Zavvi telling you porkies
I still have every DM Zavvi sent me since since 2017
I not had any DM deleted by anyone not just Zavvi

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
English is my only language :p
Zavvi telling you porkies
I still have every DM Zavvi sent me since since 2017
I not had any DM deleted by anyone not just Zavvi
I think he is saying that they delete them ON THEIR SIDE, but they are still visible to you on your side.

Similarly, I can delete a WhatsApp message, text, email or whatever stored in my phone or other device, but it will still exist in the sender's or recipient's inbox / device unless or until they choose to delete it themselves.

So yes, it will still exist and be visible to you, they are just saying that they delete their copies of them.

If you click on the three dots next to a DM, it offers you these options:
1606908294711.png

They may have something set by their IT department whereby the first option automatically runs after a set period of time.

Last edited:
...and again! I might as well just cut and paste this posting every day at around this time...

And once again the postie goes past and... wait, just a minute... what's he doing?

He's reached in to his bag and pulled something out.

Now he's walking down the path with what looks like a white box in his hand. Something of the like I've not seen in a LONG while.

Now it's through the letter box so what could it be? Could it POSSIBLY be? Really? No, don't get too excited. Last time it was just an empty case (with a floating Vader head on it).

But this time, it REALLY is! So it DOES exist after all, and now I have one in my hands! After all this time:
P1030236.JPG

It it LOOKS perfect! No spine slash. No scratches (so far as I can see). No dents.

Time to unwrap...

Yep. all looks good...

But wait...

What's this on the reverse?
Received my replacement, although also ordered one last night as I didnt have faith in Zavvi's replacement arriving.

Is the square piece of paint missing a common defect or am I just unlucky

View attachment 492171
Yep! Mine is exactly like that. OK, not a big deal for me, and you can only really see it when turned at a certain angle. Still, no harm in letting Zavvi know...