Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am another who never received my Solo copy. They told me it was lost and they gave me my money back. Very bad zavvi

Got a reply today
"I'm very sorry that you are missing the Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

Unfortunately this item is currently out of stock. We can send a replacement once it has been restocked, or we can offer a refund.

Please let us know which you prefer."

Here's hoping they'll get a restock
They're not getting more copies. Take your refund but also make sure you let them know how you feel.

Would love to see how many of us there are total that have STILL not received our copies. It just does not make sense.

And to sell all the remaining copies before fixing the known issue is just disrespectful to their customer base.
And me too and others friends from Mubis.es,
It is due to the incompetence of the company, but then we have to put up with seeing how it is sold on ebay between 60 and 80 euros.
incompetent zavvi.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I haven't received it either.

Seeing in forums and social media the amount of people who have not received it (and taking into account that not everyone uses them), the problem is serious.

Zavvi should really consider a solution, which is producing more copies, specially after having released units for sale being aware of the problem. They did something for episode v, there are no excuses not to do it again, apart from being a s***** store

I eventually got mine now in the same situation with Attack of the clones that as not turned up, never had problems with zavvi before until the star wars 4k steelbooks, ive cancelled all pre orders with them there CS is unreal, how they have stayed in business i dont know its either eBay or Amazon for me now.

Reactions: DMD4k
Long time since I follow this site and I never registered in because sooooo lazy to register in any place, sorry. Anyway, me neither, I did not receive it. It was presumably (bigh laugh...) sent to me on 6th November. It never arrived. Upon contact with zavvi, they said that it was lost in the post and they refunded me. I think that this story sounds familiar to many people here... Extremely bad. I have other stories with other steelbooks from this collection arriving in bad shape (as many of you, I know it well), but this is not the right post. An important remark: it is the very first time for me that an item bought from zavvi goes lost in transit (and I have bough many movies...). To me this is a very good sign that the missed steels were never sent.

Reactions: DMD4k
Zavvi should really consider a solution, which is producing more copies, specially after having released units for sale being aware of the problem.
That is not a good solution, the whole point of these is they're somewhat limited. I'm affected too as you are, but the last thing I want them doing is doing another run.
The 4000 steels are out there and people are going to get them, most of them probably not by original buyers, but they will be available elsewhere, eBay, classifieds, FB, Instagram... buy them there.

They did something for episode v, there are no excuses not to do it again, apart from being a s***** store
Not the same thing, first run were all damaged. Solos aren't damaged, they just didn't ship them off to original buyers, they waited until they sold them twice and then shipped.
The solution is Zavvi shoots itself.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I didn't receive mine either. Got refunded. Told them I'm not happy at all. They are avoiding replying to me now.

They are a disgrace. Everyone who didn't get theirs should demand a reprint....

Complain. Let them know how you feel. It's the only way they might do something. I let them know I knew the story with all the people not receiving theirs and others getting multiple copies when they only ordered one.

This is not a simple 'lost in the post' scenario. Its a clusterfuck!

I did let them know how I felt, not because I wanted a reprint, I don't, so I won't be asking for one.
So just writing to let you know everyone won't be asking for a reprint :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Reactions: hatredhorror
That is not a good solution, the whole point of these is they're somewhat limited. I'm affected too as you are, but the last thing I want them doing is doing another run.
The 4000 steels are out there and people are going to get them, most of them probably not by original buyers, but they will be available elsewhere, eBay, classifieds, FB, Instagram... buy them there.

I disagree. This isn't a numbered limited edition with a set cap; there is no rule that prevents a retailer from expanding production runs at their choosing. Besides, what's an acceptable production range for a 'somewhat limited' edition? I've seen 10K and 12K (and higher) lines sold as limited editions. They already did one restock and this is a situation where it seems evident that a significant number of buyers never received their copies. On top of that, Zavvi has lacked any sort of transparency as to the cause of this problem, which clearly isn't a carrier issue because it's affected too many people in too many countries.

I do respect that you are consistent in your belief even while acknowledging that you've been affected; and I also totally get where you're coming from on this issue. But it's crummy if everyone who didn't get a copy through no fault of their own has just fight it out for a few overpriced secondary market copies (I don't even think any are available on eBay right now) because a steelbook is supposed to be limited. It's not like adding, say 2000 additional copies and making it a 6K run for replacements and additional sales somehow diminishes it's value. It's even worse that Zavvi doesn't seem to have any clear or consistent customer service policy beyond whether the service rep you happen to get tell you that you might get a replacement or have to take a refund. This extent of this problem to me indicates that Zavvi should be obligated to provide replacements. This isn't just a happenstance postal error that caused 1 or 2 copies to go missing (and even in that case I think they should be replaced).

Oh I agree with a lot of what you just said JGCramp. I'm not defending them at all. I will just choose to go to a better source for these, which is the classifieds. Will I pay more? Probably, but only a little. For that extra amount I will save time dealing with CS, which is money in itself. But not only that, I'll also be (more) sure the item I'm buying is mint (no spine slashes, mysterious dents, rips in the seal, etc.) and I'll also make sure it is shipped to me properly, not in a white mailer.
I know the problem is widespread so I can't blame anyone wanting a reprint. But this is very different to episode V.

Reactions: JGCramp
Oh I agree with a lot of what you just said JGCramp. I'm not defending them at all. I will just choose to go to a better source for these, which is the classifieds. Will I pay more? Probably, but only a little. For that extra amount I will save time dealing with CS, which is money in itself. But not only that, I'll also be (more) sure the item I'm buying is mint (no spine slashes, mysterious dents, rips in the seal, etc.) and I'll also make sure it is shipped to me properly, not in a white mailer.
I know the problem is widespread so I can't blame anyone wanting a reprint. But this is very different to episode V.

I don't disagree that this is different than ESB and at the end of the day I will probably end up doing the same as you. I also can't see myself buying from Zavvi again after this one.

This Disney / Zavvi exclusivity needs to stop. I've always been convinced their staff buy tons of these in bulk seeing how many are immediately up for sale on ebay. Likewise how they never limit the number of units any one person can buy. Again people out to make a quick profit when genuine collectors are left without a chance from the word go. This whole Solo fiasco shows them at the worst. Likewise I'll shop around in future even if it ends up with a j card in Italian, German or Spanish.

This Disney / Zavvi exclusivity needs to stop. I've always been convinced their staff buy tons of these in bulk seeing how many are immediately up for sale on ebay. Likewise how they never limit the number of units any one person can buy. Again people out to make a quick profit when genuine collectors are left without a chance from the word go. This whole Solo fiasco shows them at the worst. Likewise I'll shop around in future even if it ends up with a j card in Italian, German or Spanish.
The star wars were limited to 1 or 2 per account

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles