Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted them through the website for my missing TFA and through ZavviCS on Twitter for my 2 missing Solo copies. Both have taken several days to get a response. I also contacted them because my replacement ESB came looking like someone had used it for a drumming session but they haven't responded to that one in maybe 5 days now. I did just get this in a generic e-mail yesterday: "We’re sorry for our longer than usual response time, our teams are working hard to support your query."

I can only imagine that they are getting bombarded with inquiries from people about all the missing Star Wars steelbooks right now and they are probably behind on all of them, especially if people aren't just accepting the refunds without ongoing complaints.

I get a laugh that even though they don't offer any tracking at all and must certainly know by now that all the missing Solos are not due to postal error or thievery (I don't know if I've ever written the word thievery before, so thanks Zavvi), they still ask the same three questions: Whats your address? Did a member in your household sign for it? Did a neighbor sign for it?

I always tell them that I live with my cat but he assures me that he doesn't have it.
:giggle: :LOL:

So got this BS reply from Zavvi....

They pretty much just admitted that everything is automated. Including their idiotic robotic replies.....!!

Thanks for getting in touch with Zavvi.

Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, everything is automated with us, we here at customer service can not "intervene" in the warehouse work, so unfortunately we could not keep a copy for you, not because we did not want to, but because it is not technically feasible.

Thank you for your understanding.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So now they're telling me they don't authorise replacements:banghead:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
The star wars were limited to 1 or 2 per account
I doubt they were. I've bollo***d them many times over this. Anyway, they've got no new releases now, and after seeing what have happened to all these people, I won't be as quick giving them my money in the future.

So got this BS reply from Zavvi....

They pretty much just admitted that everything is automated. Including their idiotic robotic replies.....!!

Thanks for getting in touch with Zavvi.

Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, everything is automated with us, we here at customer service can not "intervene" in the warehouse work, so unfortunately we could not keep a copy for you, not because we did not want to, but because it is not technically feasible.

Thank you for your understanding.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So now they're telling me they don't authorise replacements:banghead:

You situation is different because you were asking them to hold a copy, but a few months ago when I was dealing with a customer service problem (I don't recall all the details), I distinctly recall the CS rep telling me that he couldn't guarantee anything but that he was able to contact the warehouse to try and intervene in an item's shipment.

You tried customer services via Twitter? I’ve found they reply fairly promptly there, I never get a response when using their website though.
Sure. They said, Contact us after 12/6. They finally contacted me today with the standard bs about whether someone else got the movies.

18hrs later I'm still waiting on a reply from their twitter.

I see no difference from their website......

They're probably rotating the same idiots between the two!

Got in touch with them today through chat.

Mckell: I'm sorry these haven't arrived as I would have expected them to have arrived by now. We can either replace or refund you for those. Which would you prefer?
Just as a note, we are out of stock of this item so if you opt to replace the item that will process until it's back in stock.

Me: I would like to receive a refund for one of the orders. I would still like the other order sent out to me, thank you.

Mckell: I'll go ahead and request that for you now! You'll receive the refund within 3-5 business days and the replacement of the other order as soon as this is restocked.

So if they restock it again perhaps I'll get a replacement. If not, then eventually I'll request a refund for the other order.

They're not going to restock it. These idiots have no clue.

If they did restock it (which they won't) you could just reorder it. Now you'll never get your money back. Makes no sense

I take it the other order they're sending out to you is still in stock?

They're not going to restock it. These idiots have no clue.

If they did restock it (which they won't) you could just reorder it. Now you'll never get your money back. Makes no sense

I take it the other order they're sending out to you is still in stock?

Both orders are for Solo. I'm getting a refund for one order and if they don't get more copies or find more copies then I will get a refund for the other order. I always keep a transcript of my chats with Zavvi to back me up.

I needed 2 copies of Solo. I only received 1 copy from my original order. I placed another order for 1 copy during the restock.
If I get that copy then I will just get a refund for the other outstanding order.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
they ship returns. my ep 3 replacement was shipped in a big cardbord box and the steelbook has 2 big dents on the front.

When will you people ever learn Zavvi will not be restocking this item just like the 1917 fiasco to name one of many.
They will just sit on your money for another 6 week then say we have been unable to supply.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Well, they oversold it in the sense that there were 4000 copies available, and maybe sold close to double that.
IMO just a sleazy way of getting their Q4 numbers up. But most of all, they're great at upsetting original buyers that preordered the minute it went live. It's the Zavvi way.

Well, they oversold it in the sense that there were 4000 copies available, and maybe sold close to double that.
IMO just a sleazy way of getting their Q4 numbers up. But most of all, they're great at upsetting original buyers that preordered the minute it went live. It's the Zavvi way.
Except they didn't really because everyone's getting refunded.

Which would be reflected in the next quarter!

Is there a reason Zavvi doesn’t do tracking for overseas customers? I really don’t mind paying extra for tracking. Would be nice to actually see if my order has been shipped or if it never left the UK.