Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't receive mine either. Got refunded. Told them I'm not happy at all. They are avoiding replying to me now.

They are a disgrace. Everyone who didn't get theirs should demand a reprint....

Complain. Let them know how you feel. It's the only way they might do something. I let them know I knew the story with all the people not receiving theirs and others getting multiple copies when they only ordered one.

This is not a simple 'lost in the post' scenario. Its a clusterfuck!
Ditto. I've been writing for weeks without a reply. Normally I get a reply within 48 hours.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The star wars were limited to 1 or 2 per account
maybe on the initial release (not sure), but I looked at one of the restocks (maybe TFA) and I kept adding copies to see how many their were. I gave up after I had over 10,000 USD worth of disks in the cart. Needless to say it appeared they would have shipped them if I'd paid them the cash.

So, as I understand it....nobody has received their Solo steelbook from the original order? The only people who have them are from the restock.

I missed out on the restock and it looks like my only hope is eBay now.

What a crazy turn of events. Even after everything that happened with the previous Star Wars releases, you would think something like this could never happen.

Appears someone out there has 5000 copies of the Solo steelbook and is not saying a word :sweat:.

I received my original order, based in Aus. Not that, that matters since it’s a global issue. I purchased a second one off Facebook marketplace in my home city and the person I purchased off received 2 of 2 ordered.

Reactions: viper0210
I set one up specifically for raising questions with the CS of different organisations (my local train company initially, I think!), as it seemed that people were getting quicker responses via that route. It has proved to be worthwhile for that purpose.
I've actually just set up an account and have messaged ZavviCS. Waiting for a reply......

Did you get a replacement?

I did yes. Messaged them after about a week after due date then again on the 14th day from dispatch date that they make you wait (I think it was 14 anyway). On that day the chat was available so I used that to arrange a replacement. It then took a few days to get a dispatch email for the replacement and I then received it a few days after other here did. Not sure if it matters but I am in SE London.

I did yes. Messaged them after about a week after due date then again on the 14th day from dispatch date that they make you wait (I think it was 14 anyway). On that day the chat was available so I used that to arrange a replacement. It then took a few days to get a dispatch email for the replacement and I then received it a few days after other here did. Not sure if it matters but I am in SE London.
Yeah well you guys got the early replacements before they sold off the rest of the stock.

I had to wait 21 days (27th Nov) then they wanted me to wait an extra week (until Dec 1st) By then they sold off the stock, the cnuts!

I had given them loads of notice and requested twice in my correspondence with them to hold replacement copies for me and they completely ignored the question each time :mad:

Yeah well you guys got the early replacements before they sold off the rest of the stock.

I had to wait 21 days (27th Nov) then they wanted me to wait an extra week (until Dec 1st) By then they sold off the stock, the cnuts!

I had given them loads of notice and requested twice in my correspondence with them to hold replacement copies for me and they completely ignored the question each time :mad:

Mate, that sucks massively! I didn't order a second copy with the restock as I had my replacement on the way and I didn't want to stop somebody else getting one. I did panic though when others got their replacements and mine was nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they can sort something for you, but knowing Zavvi as we do I wont hold my breath.

Yeah. I'm not sure if that's for some regions only. But over here you can fill your basket.
Zavvi did have a limit of 2 per order on a good few of the star wars steelbooks when pre orders went live first time around
It was not applied all 11 films but a good few of the titles did have it

Page 7 post# 129

The limit was applied aprox 1-2 hours it varied after going live for general sale on some of the star wars films steelbooks
Some the limit was active exactly when general sale went live and not a few hours later

When the steelbooks went live for Red Carpet subscribers the limit was not active but was for when general sale went live
When the limit was active it auto reduced to 2 in basket if you tried to order more than 2

The limit was not active when all 11 films came back in stock to order as far as I know as I had no reason then to test it

Last edited:
Just a total disgusting t**ts trick what Zavvi did with this Solo steelbook and their customers. I will never forget it as long as I have got an hole in my arse !
They have not even had the decency to let people know the outcome of the investigation of so many missing steels.

Good luck! They do sometimes take a few hours to respond, but that's still quicker than via messaging through the website, which can take a couple of days or more.

I contacted them through the website for my missing TFA and through ZavviCS on Twitter for my 2 missing Solo copies. Both have taken several days to get a response. I also contacted them because my replacement ESB came looking like someone had used it for a drumming session but they haven't responded to that one in maybe 5 days now. I did just get this in a generic e-mail yesterday: "We’re sorry for our longer than usual response time, our teams are working hard to support your query."

I can only imagine that they are getting bombarded with inquiries from people about all the missing Star Wars steelbooks right now and they are probably behind on all of them, especially if people aren't just accepting the refunds without ongoing complaints.

I get a laugh that even though they don't offer any tracking at all and must certainly know by now that all the missing Solos are not due to postal error or thievery (I don't know if I've ever written the word thievery before, so thanks Zavvi), they still ask the same three questions: Whats your address? Did a member in your household sign for it? Did a neighbor sign for it?

I always tell them that I live with my cat but he assures me that he doesn't have it.