Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason Zavvi doesn’t do tracking for overseas customers? I really don’t mind paying extra for tracking. Would be nice to actually see if my order has been shipped or if it never left the UK.

I paid for tracked 5 or 6 times before & it always shipped the same old way it always does. Every time.
I had to get on to them to refund the cost of shipping.

So from my experience paying extra doesn't get you anything but the hassle of trying to contact them to get a refund.

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I paid for tracked 5 or 6 times before & it always shipped the same old way it always does. Every time.
I had to get on to them to refund the cost of shipping.

So from my experience paying extra doesn't get you anything but the hassle of trying to contact them to get a refund.
Did you get your replacement sent out?

I ordered 1. It didn't arrive so i contacted them via FB when they started selling the left over stock. They sent me a replacement out the next day so I now have a copy. Keep on to them.

I ordered 1. It didn't arrive so i contacted them via FB when they started selling the left over stock. They sent me a replacement out the next day so I now have a copy. Keep on to them.
I've been on to them so much, that they're not even replying any more! And that stock is gone.....

This is the only one that didn't arrive. All 10 remaining were on time (first day of predictions). I ****** up becouse I did not ordered second copy when they became available with whole series late November - but Rogue One from that wave came damaged (dented).

Didn't want jinx it by complainonh before but looking at other post 9 good saga steelbooks, one dented Rogue One and missing solo ain't that bad compared to some other members adventures with zavvi.

Reactions: Shark
I was on them before then and they refused to do anything Via Twitter. On the website, ,they didn’t even reply until Monday (Probably 2 or 3 weeks after I first wrote).

Ive messaged Zavvi daily about missing star wars steelbooks, not even replying any more, hoping my cc provider will do a charge back as its under the one hundred pounds not sure they will help

Ive messaged Zavvi daily about missing star wars steelbooks, not even replying any more, hoping my cc provider will do a charge back as its under the one hundred pounds not sure they will help
They can still process a chargeback for goods not received regardless of the value.

The £100 relates to the LEGAL right you have under Section 75 the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for any purchases over £100 made on a credit card (but NOT debit card).

However, banks and credit card companies will investigate claims below £100 made on a debit or credit card and process them as a 'standard' chargeback as opposed to a Section 75 chargeback.

Reactions: karl01
Surely now they can see the scale of the problem. And the fact they are ignoring multiple peoples enquiries tells me there's more to this than they're letting on.....

I wish they would address the elephant in the room and actually do something about this. Or at least release a statement.

Its a disgrace at this stage.

Surely now they can see the scale of the problem. And the fact they are ignoring multiple peoples enquiries tells me there's more to this than they're letting on.....

I wish they would address the elephant in the room and actually do something about this. Or at least release a statement.

Ive just sent them a 5th message today don`t expect a reply, on a positive side i will save plenty pf cash not buying steelbooks no more

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Why does this site keep supporting Zavvi the company is a ******* joke
Yes totally agree pal , this as pissed off a hell of a lot of customers including myself.
I am totally done with them moving forward and if others did the same they might and only might step up their customer service situation which let's face it as been a utter balls up for many a year.

Reactions: karl01

Zavvi is ignoring my enquires as well about Solo and Phantom Menace. Both did not show up. I even told Zavvi, you don't have to refund me, just add the money I paid as a credit to my Zavvi account and they are ignoring that as well. They just mark my enquires as "COMPLETED" without any reply or any refund or any credit. I ordered 3 of the new mondo avengers steel books "Thor, Black Panther & The First Avenger" because I think they all look awesome, but I'm about to cancel all three of my Marvel orders and never order from Zavvi again if I don't get a response or a resolution for my missing Star Wars steel books by the end of next week. SUCH A SHAME if it comes to that!!!!!!

So I got this message yesterday morning:
We are very sorry to hear that you have not received Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook as intended. We now class these packages as lost in transit. We are more than happy to offer a replacement, refund, or site credit for these. Which would you prefer?

Please note that this item is currently out of stock, so if you opt for replacements, those will be left pending until we receive further stock from our supplier. Our team is currently arranging to receive a new shipment of this, but has not yet provided an estimated restock date.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So it sounds like they are going to do another run of these. I hope so, since this is the only one I'm missing and I love both the art and the movie.

Reactions: Zwitsal