Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
you mind telling me how long do you wait? mine shipped since Nov 9...

I received only 1 of the 4 copies I originally ordered about 2 weeks after the release date. I received a second copy on Tuesday that I ordered from the restock. 3 copies from the original order probably won't ever arrive.

• Friendly
Reactions: goufcustom
I received only 1 of the 4 copies I originally ordered about 2 weeks after the release date. I received a second copy on Tuesday that I ordered from the restock. 3 copies from the original order probably won't ever arrive.
So you've already used up 5 copies! There's no hope for the rest of us!

Seriously though, you have to wonder why so many copies weren't delivered. Is there a batch siting under a pile in some sorting office somewhere that postal staff will eventually get to? Or did Zavvi just cock up the orders?

Seriously though, you have to wonder why so many copies weren't delivered. Is there a batch siting under a pile in some sorting office somewhere that postal staff will eventually get to? Or did Zavvi just cock up the orders?

Well that's what I figured happened when a lot of people in the UK were reporting after the first week that they hadn't received their copies. That a skid of ready to go orders got missed in the Zavvi warehouse that didn't get picked up by the post office.
Or that they were picked up and then got lost at the post office somewhere.

This is what they told me about my replacement:

I can see that this is expected to be sent to you on Expected 04-01-2021.

Apologies for this delay, but the item is currently out of stock.

To be honest, I never had bigger problems with their customer service. Yes, correspondence ist sometimes difficult and exhausting, because you have to write several times. But in the end they always found an acceptable solution.

I always refused to accept discounts for damaged items and insisted on replacements. Only two or three times they asked me to send back the damaged steels and I always received my replacement or full refund for items oos.
Maybe 300+ orders are a point to be more accommodating, I don't know.

I am confident that an other restock will arrive at the beginning of the next year an hope everyone here will be able to complete their SW collection.

My theory: a huge batch of these arrived to Zavvi damaged.

So instead of the hassle of delaying the release & getting replacements, Zavvi (in all their infinite shiteness) decided to just charge everyone & issue out emails saying they had all dispatched, when realistically only half of them (at best) had dispatched.
And then hope that half of those customers that won't have receive it would wait till after their (nonsense) cutoff for querying lost orders & say "Sorry, you should have contacted us sooner, nothing we can do now."

giphy.gif

RE: POSTAL SERVICE (UK)
For anyone not following the news in the UK Royal Mail revealed today that they've had a 50% increase in packages during the first two weeks of December and have been struggling to deliver all parcels within the normal parameters and that's despite taking on 33,000 extra temporary workers

Quote: Royal Mail customer services
"Royal Mail is working hard to deliver the most comprehensive and high quality service we can to all our customers, large and small. The combination of greatly increased uptake of online Christmas shopping, in no small part driven by the recent lockdown, and the ongoing COVID restrictions mean that all delivery companies are experiencing exceptionally high volumes this year.

Every single parcel, letter and card is important to us. Despite our best efforts and significant investment in extra resource, some customers may experience slightly longer delivery timescales than our usual service standards. This is due to the exceptionally high volumes we are seeing, exacerbated by the coronavirus-related measures we have put in place in local mail centres and delivery offices. In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing our usual level of service as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
RE: POSTAL SERVICE (UK)
For anyone not following the news in the UK Royal Mail revealed today that they've had a 50% increase in packages during the first two weeks of December and have been struggling to deliver all parcels within the normal parameters and that's despite taking on 33,000 extra temporary workers

Quote: Royal Mail customer services
"Royal Mail is working hard to deliver the most comprehensive and high quality service we can to all our customers, large and small. The combination of greatly increased uptake of online Christmas shopping, in no small part driven by the recent lockdown, and the ongoing COVID restrictions mean that all delivery companies are experiencing exceptionally high volumes this year.

Every single parcel, letter and card is important to us. Despite our best efforts and significant investment in extra resource, some customers may experience slightly longer delivery timescales than our usual service standards. This is due to the exceptionally high volumes we are seeing, exacerbated by the coronavirus-related measures we have put in place in local mail centres and delivery offices. In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing our usual level of service as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
Zavvi could use this as an excuse if the lost orders were from The end of November or early December, but these are all form the first week of November, so no excuses for Zavvi

This is what they told me about my replacement:

I can see that this is expected to be sent to you on Expected 04-01-2021.

Apologies for this delay, but the item is currently out of stock.

To be honest, I never had bigger problems with their customer service. Yes, correspondence ist sometimes difficult and exhausting, because you have to write several times. But in the end they always found an acceptable solution.

I always refused to accept discounts for damaged items and insisted on replacements. Only two or three times they asked me to send back the damaged steels and I always received my replacement or full refund for items oos.
Maybe 300+ orders are a point to be more accommodating, I don't know.

I am confident that an other restock will arrive at the beginning of the next year an hope everyone here will be able to complete their SW collection.

I'm honestly expecting another restock, as well. From a business perspective it makes no sense to not get more for replacement and sales. But what I don't get is the lack of any sort of consistent message among their service rep. If you get Simon then you will have your order processed for replacement copy once they arrive. If you get Jazz then you're told they are sold out and they are not getting any additional copies in the future. This should never happen. They should at least have a consistent message.

It's impossible to know if anything they're telling you is accurate. It's like with my TFA copy that arrived damaged. I requested a refund. Jazz told me to return it for a refund but didn't tell me where to send it. When I asked about that, Simon responded that I should keep it and they'll send me a replacement copy (that I don't want). That was a week ago and nothing has been sent even though it's in stock.

It's like they're running a master class on how to lose loyal customers.

I'm honestly expecting another restock, as well. From a business perspective it makes no sense to not get more for replacement and sales. But what I don't get is the lack of any sort of consistent message among their service rep. If you get Simon then you will have your order processed for replacement copy once they arrive. If you get Jazz then you're told they are sold out and they are not getting any additional copies in the future. This should never happen. They should at least have a consistent message.

It's impossible to know if anything they're telling you is accurate. It's like with my TFA copy that arrived damaged. I requested a refund. Jazz told me to return it for a refund but didn't tell me where to send it. When I asked about that, Simon responded that I should keep it and they'll send me a replacement copy (that I don't want). That was a week ago and nothing has been sent even though it's in stock.

It's like they're running a master class on how to lose loyal customers.

I have Kate and she is one stupid dumb women, brains of a Rat, sick and tired of there service.

I believe my CS person was “Nathan,” so if I get a copy that’s in good shape, I’m a happy camper And I’ll sing the praises of ”Nathan,” or whomever my CS person was...too lazy to check my email.