Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
99.99 what a piss take this company is , still no official statement what happened to all the missing orders.
Glad i am done with them , my new years resolution was never to buy another product from them cowboys ever again.
That price is to deter people from snapping them up for a quick profit. If you got refunded for your original order (as many have) Zavvi have sent codes to bring the price down to the original. But, surprise, surprise the codes aren't working (yet!) :p

• Haha
Reactions: a_o
Via CHAT,,

"Hello, there is currently a big issue we are having with these codes, can you confirm the discount code and your email for me to add to our investigation"

"Thank you, we are now investigating this and will provide an update within 72 hours."

On one hand, even when Zavvi try to do the right thing for customers who got screwed over they still bungle the whole thing. On the other hand, they should just sell the new stock at the original price instead of this sleazy price gouging. Their decision to do the latter says a lot about their corporate ethics.

The only time I saw something similar to this was when Best Buy out of nowhere made available for purchase OOP season 7 Game of Thrones steelbooks for $80USD. They sold out quickly but they were clearly overpriced. Usually Best Buy lists back in stock steelbooks for their original retail prices regardless of what they're selling for online.

On one hand, even when Zavvi try to do the right thing for customers who got screwed over they still bungle the whole thing. On the other hand, they should just sell the new stock at the original price instead of this sleazy price gouging. Their decision to do the latter says a lot about their corporate ethics.

The only time I saw something similar to this was when Best Buy out of nowhere made available for purchase OOP season 7 Game of Thrones steelbooks for $80USD. They sold out quickly but they were clearly overpriced. Usually Best Buy lists back in stock steelbooks for their original retail prices regardless of what they're selling for online.

They are selling this stock at the original price though? Its priced at 99.99 so that only those who didn't receive their original orders can order at the original price using the discount code.
I mean I hate Zavvi as much as the next person but I think this is the fairest thing they could do. It ensures that no one else can buy this to resell it for profit while offering the people who did not receive their original orders to now obtain a copy.

Reactions: Mararagan
I wonder how this restock magically appear out of nowhere. New low print run, damaged returns or did they found unshipped container full of solo steelbooks. I just hope that they respond with working discount code before these sell out. If I had lets say damaged unopened copy what's stoping me from buying new mint one for 99,99 and then returning damaged one for full refund?

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
They are selling this stock at the original price though? Its priced at 99.99 so that only those who didn't receive their original orders can order at the original price using the discount code.
I mean I hate Zavvi as much as the next person but I think this is the fairest thing they could do. It ensures that no one else can buy this to resell it for profit while offering the people who did not receive their original orders to now obtain a copy.
That's the exact point I was making in my post: They're doing the right thing by giving a code to people so they can get it at the original price. I was just pointing out that they bungled the code and it's not working, which is classic Zavvi.

But, yeah, if they posted it at that price to make sure that they could send out the codes and ensure the people who initially got screwed would get their copies before selling the rest, then you're correct and they've done the right thing.

Last edited:
So after conversation on their live chat I was told to wait 72h as they were investigating the problem and now behold they put extra credit in my account to allow to purchase the steel with original price. To be honest as much as fuckup this whole wave was I am suprised that they managed to at least fix some of it. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on ebay.

After CHAT earlier, was sent £70 credit instead of code. Combined that with £15 extra Credit they sent after early December complaint: Refunding me when I didn't want that and detailing what I thought of their behaviour during the restock bs.

So, down to £14.99
Email confirmation shows that price, but in my account shows £100.
Have written to confirm lower price will be on packing box.... As if there's any communication. We shall see...

So apart from the risk of what the actual source of these steels is, just imagine if they label them incorrectly and we all are killed by customs!

:rofl::confused::sorry:

So after conversation on their live chat I was told to wait 72h as they were investigating the problem and now behold they put extra credit in my account to allow to purchase the steel with original price. To be honest as much as fuckup this whole wave was I am suprised that they managed to at least fix some of it. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on ebay.
What happens if you use the credit to buy other stuff? (Which is probably what I would do!)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k