Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a response on the delay on Twitter.
"There has been an issue in the warehouse which resulted in your order being stopped prior to dispatch."

Yeah, none of these are being shipped, again.
You actually can't make this up lads.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Move back up the thread and read post #1066:
The £99.99 is to stop scaplers purchasing
The stock found as to where that came from is a different matter it might been lost post returned to Zavvi or might be some of the stock now been used in France/Germany been allocated to UK
The steelbook is the same
All that is needed is Disney UK to add jcard and discs

Zavvi sent out a email to those that previosuly ordered and did not get delivery and was given a refund instead a chance to now purchase
In that email was a code to reduce price to £29.99

For those that use the code the price that will be marked on parcel in regards to custums is the amount paid cost of goods+ postage
As in Total price = £29.99+ Postage

December Zavvi Messages said:
10 December 2020, 16:58
Thanks for confirming those details. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received your two copies of Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook as intended. We now class these packages as lost in transit. We are more than happy to offer a replacement, refund, or site credit for these. Which would you prefer?

Please note that this item is currently out of stock, so if you opt for replacements, those will be left pending until we receive further stock from our supplier. Our team is currently arranging to receive a new shipment of this, but has not yet provided an estimated restock date.
If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Sent by: You, 11 December 2020, 07:04
I'll take replacement copies. Thanks

Sent by: Zavvi USA, 15 December 2020, 07:21

Thank you for getting in touch to request a replacement.
This has been processed and you will receive a confirmation email as soon as the item is sent. Please refer to the confirmation email for estimated delivery timescales.
If there is anything else that we can help with, then please let us know and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Nathan
Zavvi Customer Service Team

January Zavvi Messages said:
Sent by: You 18 January 2021, 19:25
What’s the status of my SOLO order? I know you’re contacting people. I want to make sure I’m going to get the copies I ordered before you open up stock to everyone at a price under $99.00. If you’re not sure what this is, look at prior messages. I’d have done it from there, but those are all closed.

Sent by: Zavvi USA, 19 January 2021, 17:59
Thanks for getting in touch.
So that I can assist you further could you please confirm your order number for this item?
If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks, Sam Zavvi Team

Sent by: You, 22 January 2021, 19:12

Why are you asking me FOR THE 3RD TIME, for my order number? Why do I have to constantly log in to get information that you have in your CRM as well as by simply looking at my account? I shouldn’t even have to contact you, because months ago I was told you would contact me and ship it when you got more stock. Here we are and I’m complaining, because you guy are just not even trying. At zavvi it seems like the goal is to piss off your customers. If so, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. FFS, why did you just look at notes on this account/read previous tickets I’ve opened on this order? This is absolutely ridiculous. [order number provided]

Sent by: Zavvi USA, 25 January 2021, 12:21

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch about <order number> I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order.
It was dispatched separately.
Did not you receive both items? Please let us know and we will look in to.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
lim
zavvi Customer Service Team

He's literally looking that the original order was allegedly sent but nothing else, because I've never gotten a shipping notification for the replacement disks and there's nothing on their page about it.

Zavvi is pathetic. I sure hope investors understand how awful they are before the Hut Group has their IPO.

I just see the price tag on this on zavvi and laughed my face off. Then I see the reason on here and I honestly can’t believe they actually helped tackle the scalper situation with it. Props to them.

I do wonder how many idiots have actually paid £99 without the code though. I’d love to point and laugh at them

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Now listed at £29.99

Yes - I received an email about it earlier. Hopefully everyone still without a copy is now able to order one - and actually receive it!

I was lucky insofar as my replacement copy arrived safe and sound after the original one was among the many that just went 'missing' somewhere...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: cllctr
No words to describe what a joke of a company they are. Mine has not arrived yet, should be here this week 3rd or 4th. But sure "lets sell out all remaining stock without making sure we got enough replacements for damaged/missibg orders."

MORONS

So wtf has all this extra stock come from? All the people that have been ripped off on eBay and instead of holding back this until everyone has been supplied with their order, they're back on their website for every Tom, Dick and conman to make a fast profit on eBay.

So wtf has all this extra stock come from? All the people that have been ripped off on eBay and instead of holding back this until everyone has been supplied with their order, they're back on their website for every Tom, Dick and conman to make a fast profit on eBay.
That's precisely why they're all kind of people in this lovely planet, desperate or dumb people that would pay ridiculous prices... and that fact will never change.
I never received my copy for SOLO and i was pissed to not been able to complete my set but i knew that one day i will stumble on a good fine and my patience paid off with the magical stock that zavvi managed to find out and also the German and French releases are also soon to be made so, if there's any lesson here, it's just to have (a little) patience

Received today. Luckily without any dings or dents. However, it shows some light (and very numerous) scractches on the front. I cannot understand the poor finish (not to mention the lack of QC by the manufacturer combined with zavvi's continued mess) on many of the steels of this collection. Anyway, I am happy with only this "minor" issue, completing the collection and closing this long and painful story with zavvi.