Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: October 24, 2018
Purchase links: Kimchidvd - Weet - Novamedia - Yesasia (Pre-order on October 12 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $51.99 (Kimchidvd - Novamedia) - $52.99 (WeetCollection) - $66.99 (Yesasia)
Note: 4K + 3D + 2D + Bonus 4 discs

FB_IMG_1539142841042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh snap, mock-up has a four-disc tray case so it probably also includes the bonus disc. A truly complete set all in one and not stacked hubs! So rare.

Tempted to get it just for the discs alone.

Reactions: goufcustom
Oh snap, mock-up has a four-disc tray case so it probably also includes the bonus disc. A truly complete set all in one and not stacked hubs! So rare.

Tempted to get it just for the discs alone.
thinking the same thing but please do keep in mind that PQ for both UHD and 3D of the film weren't that great
as more than half of the film was all dark and they won't exhibit the best PQ for both formats...

Oh god no. That horrible black band across the top again. Still, I guess this is a standard release, so it is what it is. Good value though with all 3 hi def formats represented.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Liking the slip, shame about the black banner, but still a nice art.

Btw that Falcon on the back isnt the one from Solo right? The front of the ship is split so its the upgraded model seen in other SW movies if Im seeing this right :watch:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

Btw that Falcon on the back isnt the one from Solo right? The front of the ship is split so its the upgraded model seen in other SW movies if Im seeing this right :watch:
The Falcon gets 'split' in this movie also so it's quite possibly from this. I can't make out if it's got the blue panelling though.....:squint:

• Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
If the banner is actually part of the slip: (n)
If the steelbook is the WWA (embossed, non-glossy): (n)
And with a Falcon picture on the back that definitely doesn't look like it's from this movie: (n)

On the plus side, it's got all the discs and the booklet looks great. But still . . . that's quite a few negatives for an expensive premium.

Disney mandates design so the UHD banner is here to stay and this isn't a premium release in the sense of BluFans or FilmArena, it's just the Korean Steelbook which happens to include everything because Korean releases are amazing.

Also in the past Korea has received American variants of Disney Steelbooks like The Last Jedi, so this could be the glossy version.

If the banner is actually part of the slip: (n)
If the steelbook is the WWA (embossed, non-glossy): (n)
And with a Falcon picture on the back that definitely doesn't look like it's from this movie: (n)

On the plus side, it's got all the discs and the booklet looks great. But still . . . that's quite a few negatives for an expensive premium.

Actually, the falcon picture on the back come from original concept art of Solo! Therefore, it is from this movie.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ethnosax
Disney mandates design so the UHD banner is here to stay and this isn't a premium release in the sense of BluFans or FilmArena, it's just the Korean Steelbook which happens to include everything because Korean releases are amazing.

Also in the past Korea has received American variants of Disney Steelbooks like The Last Jedi, so this could be the glossy version.

Yes this is a Premium Edition: Fullslip + WWA Steelbook + Bonus Item = Premium Edition.
Designed by FNC Add Culture currently known as SM Life Group Design.

Whether it is on par with Blufans OAB/FAC/HDzeta Silver Label/WeET Collection etc... has no bearing on this being a Premium from Korea.

Last edited:
They're the only Disney distributor in Korea AFAIK and the only way to get Disney UHDs there. Is this release premium? Aside for it being a Steelbook it isn't but compared to standard releases around the rest of the world it's easy to think so.

Disney mandates this slipcover design for all distributors but not premium specialty vendors. "Whatever name they go by now" isn't a specialty Steelbook vendor, they're just a regional Disney distributor with taste and they don't put ratings logos on their discs meaning the disc art is impeccably clean and that's all that matters to me.

HJqsPwel.jpg

So I don't really care, call them premium releases but I won't. It's just the standard Korean fare.

right yes it is at the end of the film the mill falcon dumps an escape pod and thats how it becomes normal falcon alot of people missed that, only when i watched a second time penny dropped. blink and youll miss it

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
They're the only Disney distributor in Korea AFAIK and the only way to get Disney UHDs there. Is this release premium? Aside for it being a Steelbook it isn't but compared to standard releases around the rest of the world it's easy to think so.

Disney mandates this slipcover design for all distributors but not premium specialty vendors. "Whatever name they go by now" isn't a specialty Steelbook vendor, they're just a regional Disney distributor with taste and they don't put ratings logos on their discs meaning the disc art is impeccably clean and that's all that matters to me.

HJqsPwel.jpg

So I don't really care, call them premium releases but I won't. It's just the standard Korean fare.

You are posting pictures of their Regular Amaray Releases that they also put out for the Korean Market.

FNC Add Culture does;
~ Premium with WWA Steelbook Editions
~ Premium WEA Steelbook Editions
~ Steelbook WEA Design + WEA Fullslip etc... / Partnership with other Korean Retailers
~ Amaray O-Ring Slip for Korea Market

You will find available beside this Premium Release of Solo(only the Premium Edition contains the UHD), 3 Regular O-Ring Edition.
Whether you want to call it or not a premium, it is so. No difference as a Premium Package from any other retailer(with WWA edition Steelbook)

SM Life Design Group Amaray 2D.jpgSM Life Design Group Amaray 2D+3D.jpgSM Life Design Group DVD.jpg

Last edited: