Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: October 24, 2018
Purchase links: Kimchidvd - Weet - Novamedia - Yesasia (Pre-order on October 12 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $51.99 (Kimchidvd - Novamedia) - $52.99 (WeetCollection) - $66.99 (Yesasia)
Note: 4K + 3D + 2D + Bonus 4 discs

FB_IMG_1539142841042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only posted the photo of my 3D collection from them because I've been buying those to couple with my US Disney UHDs from the beginning.

Their slips aren't even that nice compared to ones you get with standard Amaray cases from other Korean distributors, so again it seems pretty standard. If they started offering a premium box on top of all their standard releases like Disney Japan does, then that'd certainly be a premium release.

Only posted the photo of my 3D collection from them because I've been buying those to couple with my US Disney UHDs from the beginning.

Their slips aren't even that nice compared to ones you get with standard Amaray cases from other Korean distributors, so again it seems pretty standard. If they started offering a premium box on top of all their standard releases like Disney Japan does, then that'd certainly be a premium release.

Posting a picture of your 3D releases in this thread has no relevance. This current release isn't a 3D Amaray.
You are simply saying that this release isn't a premium one.
Whether you find this wave of Premium releases not too great of Quality, doesn't make it that it isn't so.

They're not bad quality! There are merely other *standard* releases in Korea that are even better quality.

This isn't gonna go anywhere so whatever. I'm picking up a copy and will put the four discs into a modded BluFans Steelbook and have my own complete premium-er release. ;)

These are non numbered standard Korea release editions. Because they’re Steelbooks you could say they’re limited versions (which they are in that sense). Korea is fantastic in my view, because design houses can contract to the studios to do both standard and exclusive releases. So even their ‘standard’ releases can be a cut above overseas counterparts. I would have been all over this release if it wasn’t for the horrible 4K banner. Even though I have a 4K capable set up, I simply have no use for the UHD discs as I am a firm 3D fan. My screen size means there is basically zero discernible difference between viewing hi def and UHD.

But even I can see the value in these multi format releases for other users. I’m sure over time the ugly 4K banners will disappear.

Reactions: Vangeli
right yes it is at the end of the film the mill falcon dumps an escape pod and thats how it becomes normal falcon alot of people missed that, only when i watched a second time penny dropped. blink and youll miss it

basil :thumbs:
Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it the first time and the second time I didnt get to the end so I will have to check this out.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Yes I just realized I went the wrong direction with converting the time zones and came here to change it. My apologies!