Some Kind Of Wonderful (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June 8, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Target
Price: $17.99 (Amazon) - $14.99 (Best Buy) - $16.59 (Target)

81QPdg8FT+L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Some Kind Of Wonderful" was just released on Blu-ray for the first time in North America last month in this John Hughes 5 movie collection from Paramount along with "She's Having A Baby", another first time Blu-ray release.

The other 3 titles are Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Planes Trains and Automobiles.

I only had Ferris on Blu-ray so I had to pick this collection up. Good deal for $20. (5 Discs)

81leCEG9FVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg912LRYW1HnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

"Some Kind Of Wonderful" was just released on Blu-ray for the first time in North America last month in this John Hughes 5 movie collection from Paramount along with "She's Having A Baby", another first time Blu-ray release.

The other 3 titles are Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Planes Trains and Automobiles.

Oh I hope they do a steel for Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Watched that for the first time this past thanksgiving

Cuz it's a better movie. ;)

Why don't you like the Pretty In Pink art? It's a similar style.we..

errrr sorry to me it’s not..:bag: some kind of wonderful is a pretty in pink rip off .
but if you love it I respect your decision :rofl:

both arts arent brilliant but at least with the one above they have tried to get the cast on it.

soooooo disappointed.

would have loved a decent steel for pink and planes trains and automobiles.

Reactions: Stygian
Actually Some Kind of Wonderful is Pretty in Pink done right. Hughes knew he messed up letting Molly Ringwald convince him to change the Pretty in Pink ending. Completely ruined that movie. Why do you think the same exact crew made Some Kind of Wonderful a year later? Plus SKoW has better characters. I love both movies and will buy both of these but let's not get it twisted.

Don't think much of the artwork but the eponymous cafe is reportedly well worth a visit (if you're visiting the Philippines at some point)

1617061972914.png

Actually Some Kind of Wonderful is Pretty in Pink done right. Hughes knew he messed up letting Molly Ringwald convince him to change the Pretty in Pink ending. Completely ruined that movie. Why do you think the same exact crew made Some Kind of Wonderful a year later? Plus SKoW has better characters. I love both movies and will buy both of these but let's not get it twisted.
I know nothing about this movie other than what I can quickly Google. What's this about Molly Ringwald convincing John Hughes to change the ending? What was it supposed to be?

From what I can read online, the original ending didn't do well with test audiences and then they rewrote and reshot it. But I can't find anything about Molly having a hand in that.