Song you're listening to???

Lately have been a fan of darkwave genre, bands such as Boy Harsher, Minuit Machine, Echoberyl...
A short message to corporate media:

Reactions: tathanos
The best darkwave band ever is Clan of Xymox. They pretty much invented the genre.

Oh, I've come across a few of their songs, liked them, but they sound more industrial electronica, like Diary of Dreams, who I love since 2002.
Checked up, didn't think Xymox formed all the way in 1981, when I was born, that's quite a long time for a band, and they sure must have pioneered the genre, but I think it came initially from Joy Division and The Cure.

Oh, I've come across a few of their songs, liked them, but they sound more industrial electronica, like Diary of Dreams, who I love since 2002.
Checked up, didn't think Xymox formed all the way in 1981, when I was born, that's quite a long time for a band, and they sure must have pioneered the genre, but I think it came initially from Joy Division and The Cure.
I have never been a fan of all genre and subgenre categorizing of bands - as we all have different ideas of what bands classify as what.
I always qualified darkwave as keyboard based bands - whereas JD and The Cure were not. But I get were you are coming from.
It was also always hard to parse Darkwave from Goth As well. (Xymox was often called goth, which they hated - although they have some albums in the 90's that sounded almost like Sisters of Mercy....before returning to their classic sound).
BTW- the first two CoX albums are absolute classics (my favorite being MEDUSA).
2BB5C6EC-8277-48F2-B709-4BC143CEE478.jpeg

I have never been a fan of all genre and subgenre categorizing of bands - as we all have different ideas of what bands classify as what.
I always qualified darkwave as keyboard based bands - whereas JD and The Cure were not. But I get were you are coming from.
It was also always hard to parse Darkwave from Goth As well. (Xymox was often called goth, which they hated - although they have some albums in the 90's that sounded almost like Sisters of Mercy....before returning to their classic sound).
BTW- the first two CoX albums are absolute classics (my favorite being MEDUSA).View attachment 526550

Funny Andrew Eldrich (man behind The Sisters of Mercy) also hated being labeled Goth ! :rofl:

Reactions: C.C. 95

I love Joy Division and The Cure, but JD specially ! Ian Curtis Forever !

I didn't sell my spare apartment in time, losing $25k now 'cause of all the crap, relatively, so going in my looney 'happy house'. :whistle: