Song you're listening to???

Last edited:
Reactions: Space Cadet
While watching All the Old Knives tonight, lyrics of an end credits song sounded familiar, then remembered it's another cover of Lovesong by The Cure.
I first heard it on the first and only album Sonic Jihad by a short-lived band Snake River Conspiracy from 2000, and didn't know then it was a cover. Still like it more, than the other versions.

Reactions: komor
These guys are awesome, but it seems their guitarist passed away and so there won´t be another album in the near fututre. Netherless their albums are going away for very heavy prices :ugh: , but I could grab the1st and 3rd one and hope they arrive in the next weeks. They will be sold out anyway in the near future, because that music-style seems to get a reinvention and is very popular in the UK and other European countries at the time. These guys are from Sweden and their Garage Rock/Post-Punk sound is so great and their live show as well. :thumbs: Hopefully they get their band reformated under these circumstances.

I was always a fan of The Gun Club, that were one of the pioneers for that music style and culture back in the 80s and Nick Cave was also a member, but very early left the band and and started the Glam-Rock-combo The Cramps. From The GunClub I have dozens of records, because I like their philosophy and they held together and couldn´t imagine to play in another band - They were a unique combo and played their style allover and didn´t care too much of popularity, what made them very sympathic I think. Their sound wasn´t that heavy and more Rock-inspired. Here one of my favourite tracks.

Last edited:
While watching All the Old Knives tonight, lyrics of an end credits song sounded familiar, then remembered it's another cover of Lovesong by The Cure.
I first heard it on the first and only album Sonic Jihad by a short-lived band Snake River Conspiracy from 2000, and didn't know then it was a cover. Still like it more, than the other versions.

Recently heard this song from The Cure in the Radio and thought it was good.

Tina Guo Metal GIF by Sabaton

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Pirates theme.
Tina Guo Metal GIF by Sabaton

I've been hearing this theme all through the 90's, because Zimmer 'reworked' it numerous times, plus it's been used heavily in trailers for other films at the time, but it's a great theme, and he's copying himself, so I guess it's OK. It has a slower kind of intro, and then a faster main part. I'm linking to the fast part.

Here's Crimson Tide:

Live version:

Then The Rock, harder to catch, as it's dispersed and broken down into parts, but that theme is there.

Same with The Peacemaker:

Last edited:
That´s one of their best live shows and has an awesome sound quality. I think it was that thing with the increasing quality of live shows where everything mics, light, visuals amps etc. had to be top notch and the use of expensive recording gear became kind of a standard for every concert. Sounds almost better than the records.

Few songs made me shivered these last years but Wrecked by Imagine Dragons is one of them. A true gem, masterpiece on every level. I did a cover with my friend from R&O and my 8 years old daughter on keyboards, if you get the 4 minutes fellow Steelbook collectors :

These guys are awesome, but it seems their guitarist passed away and so there won´t be another album in the near fututre. Netherless their albums are going away for very heavy prices :ugh: , but I could grab the1st and 3rd one and hope they arrive in the next weeks. They will be sold out anyway in the near future, because that music-style seems to get a reinvention and is very popular in the UK and other European countries at the time. These guys are from Sweden and their Garage Rock/Post-Punk sound is so great and their live show as well. :thumbs: Hopefully they get their band reformated under these circumstances.

I was always a fan of The Gun Club, that were one of the pioneers for that music style and culture back in the 80s and Nick Cave was also a member, but very early left the band and and started the Glam-Rock-combo The Cramps. From The GunClub I have dozens of records, because I like their philosophy and they held together and couldn´t imagine to play in another band - They were a unique combo and played their style allover and didn´t care too much of popularity, what made them very sympathic I think. Their sound wasn´t that heavy and more Rock-inspired. Here one of my favourite tracks.

Nick Cave was never a member of Gun Club or The Cramps !