Soul (Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: April 28, 2021
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova - WeET
Price: $39.99 (Kimchi) - $38.99 (Nova - WeET)

341953064.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m gonna receive hate for this for being too “woke” but I’m not sure if it’s the best choice by SMLife to not feature the main black lead on the front artwork in this particular case.....

I’m gonna receive hate for this for being too “woke” but I’m not sure if it’s the best choice by SMLife to not feature the main black lead on the front artwork in this particular case.....
He is on the front of the steel though. Plus the film is called Soul, so seems fitting they'd feature them (their souls) on the front of the slip IMO.

He is on the front of the steel though. Plus the film is called Soul, so seems fitting they'd feature them (their souls) on the front of the slip IMO.
He’s on the front of the steel because it’s WWA, and the second argument is a very lazy loophole to make a case for it. Although I don’t entirely agree with the controversy that was around it back in December, these kind of examples only exacerbate/strengthen the situation.

He’s on the front of the steel because it’s WWA, and the second argument is a very lazy loophole to make a case for it. Although I don’t entirely agree with the controversy that was around it back in December, these kind of examples only exacerbate/strengthen the situation.
They most likely would've taken that into account though and designed the slip around what already featured and/or didn't feature on the steel... or at least that's how I would've done it lol.

SM Life has some of the most beautiful designs. I am not passing this up because of 4K. Let someone better this and I'll double dip.

Looks like it sold out pretty quickly

Nova did sell out, but they always seem to have small allotments. Sometimes they do restock. Both KimChiDVD and Weet still have it for anyone looking (plus the usual eBay sellers will probably list it eventually)

Unfortunately missed out on this. Nova and Kimchi both sold out. Still available on YesAsia but they don't ship to the UK anymore :( Will have to keep an eye on eBay