Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 21st, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon.it
Price: EUR 14.88

91s6ElGRSkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen screenshots for the new 55th. It is lightyears ahead of the 50th, it's framed properly and the detail is spot on. DO NOT buy this if it does end up being the 50th disc, spend the extra few £ on an awesome remaster instead.

EDIT: I'll also add that the only subtitles I have seen on it are English, Spanish and French. So I would be weary of the disc.

I 100% agree with your first statement. The difference between 50th and 55th anniversary editions is like night and day.

I noticed a few days ago that the product description on Amazon's Italian site no longer mentions anything about this edition including the restored disc, albeit that the title still uses the term, '55th Anniversary'.

The corresponding product descriptions on Amazon's French, German and Spanish sites specifically refer to the inclusion of the restored disc in their editions.

Given that the up to date specifications, as detailed on the French and German listings, show that the new disc includes an Italian soundtrack and Italian subtitles, I'm puzzled as to why a decision would be made not to include the new disc in the Italian edition. It really doesn't make sense.

It's probably a mistake but to be on the safe side, and to save myself a lot of hassle should it prove to be the old disc that is included, I've decided to cancel my order for the Italian Steelbook. I have instead re-ordered the German Steelbook which is only EUR 5 more than the earlier price of the Italian one, and also cheaper than what Zavvi is charging for the UK one.

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95 and davhyl
Hope somebody will be getting it soon and can confirm if it has the remastered disc....I have pre-ordered but it has not dispatched yet, probably because I also have Dracula in the order which comes out next month....

• Informative
Reactions: JackRegan
Hope somebody will be getting it soon and can confirm if it has the remastered disc....I have pre-ordered but it has not dispatched yet, probably because I also have Dracula in the order which comes out next month....

Yeah, they have different release dates. I have the same problem. It's good that amazon reserved a copy for me :D

I confirm that Italian version had the new restored disc :thumbs:

I was just about to ask for proof and you uploaded a picture. Thank you very much kind sir!!!

@TylerDurden - your username is one of the best in the world :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerDurden
That brilliant that the Italy steelbook has the 55th Anniversary 4K Transfer Disc with new extras
What a bargain price as well

So much for amazon italy and Universal info on what Disc it was they turned out to be not accurate with the info been told to customers

Reactions: javiermendoza
That brilliant that the Italy steelbook has the 55th Anniversary 4K Transfer Disc with new extras

So much for amazon italy and Universal info on what Disc it was they turned out to be not accurate with the info been told to customers

I'm super hyped about this. Can't wait to receive this along with other goodies and have a movie marathon :)

Reactions: paulboland

Well, not to say I told you so, but I did. :naughty:

It would have been commercial suicide to do otherwise.

My copy is in the mail along with Jumanji and a couple of others.

Guys, just received this today and upon looking at the info in the back it does not say that it has a 7.1 DTS-HD Master audio. It says 5.1 :)
Maybe they didn't bother to change the J-card :D

20151201110033.jpg

The Extras menu has all the right goodies.

20151201110406.jpg