Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3-disc Steelbook includes (3D Blu-ray/2D Blu-ray/Blu-ray Bonus Disc: World Wide Web-Slinger

01-598489 (1).jpg

02-598489 (1).jpg
03-598489.jpg
04-598489.jpg

02-598489 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Well zavvi haven't officially confirmed their artwork yet. I mean it's highly likely to be the US 4k that we get from zavvi but we could be surprised. Highly doubtful but just throwing it out there

I am flabbergasted at how many people dislike this art. Its awesome.
Mysterio is the one playing all the cards in the movie, basically controlling Spidey. The fact that its Spidey trapped in Mysterio's dome is classic comic book cover iconography, evocative of the classic issue where Spider-man is seen through Doc Ock's glasses, done in an old comic book way... and Spider-man derives from comics. It says so much and yet so little.
One of the best and unique steels I've seen in a while.

Reactions: RavenGunner
Mysterio is the one playing all the cards in the movie, basically controlling Spidey. The fact that its Spidey trapped in Mysterio's dome is classic comic book cover iconography, evocative of the classic issue where Spider-man is seen through Doc Ock's glasses, done in an old comic book way... and Spider-man derives from comics. It says so much and yet so little.
It's not the idea behind the art people dislike, it's the style of art.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I can see why most seem to dislike it. I did at first but it is growing on me, although still not completely sold. But I think your reasoning is probably spot on as to why this art was created

It's very likely that Zavvi will get the other variation but I'm not overly keen on that either, far too busy. I'll be picking this one up anyway to show my support for the 3D format in the hopes that Sony will now continue to, once again, release more 3D retail releases in the UK :p (I can hope)

According to Osen Art it's a 'two-finger salute' to the fans ...
1569515866754.png

... and according to Prince Charles it's "like a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend" :naughty: ....
.... and yes it's true Spidey is a much-loved friend who we all grew up with but the "carbuncle" is not a boil to be lanced but a fishbowl helmet.

Anyway, slowly warming up to this one ... and after so many traditional Spider-Man steelbooks released in the UK over the years (lenticular and other) it's interesting to see how far the boundaries of taste are being pushed in the colourful world of steelbooks.

According to Osen Art it's a 'two-finger salute' to the fans ...
View attachment 448514

... and according to Prince Charles it's "like a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend" :naughty: ....
.... and yes it's true Spidey is a much-loved friend who we all grew up with but the "carbuncle" is not a boil to be lanced but a fishbowl helmet.

Anyway, slowly warming up to this one ... and after so many traditional Spider-Man steelbooks released in the UK over the years (lenticular and other) it's interesting to see how far the boundaries of taste are being pushed in the colourful world of steelbooks.

That comic art would make a nicer steelbook.

What. Is. That. Abomination?
Wrong movie, dude:-
1569893579666.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, is that 6 so far?
Japan ..................................................................................................................... Zavvi............................................................................. WWA #1 .............................................. Blufans? Film Arena? ..................................................
1569891359026.png
/
1569892778074.png
/
1569892401711.png
/
1569891737866.png

WWA #2 .......................................................................................................................... Germany ...........................................................................
1569892283382.png
/
1569892086319.png