Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3-disc Steelbook includes (3D Blu-ray/2D Blu-ray/Blu-ray Bonus Disc: World Wide Web-Slinger

01-598489 (1).jpg

02-598489 (1).jpg
03-598489.jpg
04-598489.jpg

02-598489 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Then I don't do Sony purchases any more...
If you want 3D then purchase Sony releases from France/Germany/Austria/Czech Republic

Sony UK are also in proposal stage of closing down the Sony DADC (Digital Audio Disc Corporation) UK distribution site in Enfield, England
This will mean no more Sony releases of DVD/Blu-ray/UHD/CD discs been made in the UK if the proposal goes ahead.

Sony will use the existing DADC Distribution plants in Austria, Czech Republic and Spain to make home media discs instead for UK/Europe Market

Sales of Physical Discs of DVD/Blu-ray has dropped by a huge amount in UK since 2014 which is why they considering closing down UK production of physical media discs
3D Blu-ray Discs sales in UK has dropped by a huge amount
UHD sales also tiny and not enough increase projected to have UK Sony DADC distribution plant in use
Most 4K content is been watched by using streaming on 4K Tv's compared to purchase of 4K UHD discs

3D revival if it happens after Avatar 2 is released will be when viewing of 3D is done without the need for 3D glasses in homes on TV's/Projectors

If you want 3D then purchase Sony releases from France/Germany/Austria/Czech Republic

Sony UK are also in proposal stage of closing down the Sony DADC (Digital Audio Disc Corporation) UK distribution site in Enfield, England
This will mean no more Sony releases of DVD/Blu-ray/UHD/CD discs been made in the UK if the proposal goes ahead.

Sony will use the existing DADC Distribution plants in Austria, Czech Republic and Spain to make home media discs instead for UK/Europe Market

Sales of Physical Discs of DVD/Blu-ray has dropped by a huge amount in UK since 2014 which is why they considering closing down UK production of physical media discs
UHD sales also tiny and not enough increase projected to have UK Sony DADC distribution plant in use
Most 4K content is been watched by using streaming on 4K Tv's compared to purchase of 4K UHD discs

3D revival if it happens after Avatar 2 is released will be when viewing of 3D is done without the need for 3D glasses in homes on TV's/Projectors

"3D revival if it happens after Avatar 2 is released will be when viewing of 3D is done without the need for 3D glasses in homes on TV's/Projectors "

Pls, tell me more ...

"3D revival if it happens after Avatar 2 is released will be when viewing of 3D is done without the need for 3D glasses in homes on TV's/Projectors "

Pls, tell me more ...
Avatar 2 will be released in cinemas using new projectors that don't require 3D glasses
TV manufacturers have done prototype of TV's that don't require 3D glasses some is using software to achieve this and some it's hardware but it's in early stage of development
Avatar 2 might not be enough to get 3D interest back for other distributors to do start doing more 3D releases and TV manufacturers might not see it worthwhile to get back into to providing 3D with new TV panels just because of Avatar 2 release

Reactions: Space Cadet
Avatar 2 will be released in cinemas using new projectors that don't require 3D glasses
TV manufacturers have done prototype of TV's that don't require 3D glasses some is using software to achieve this and some it's hardware but it's in early stage of development
Avatar 2 might not be enough to get 3D interest back for other distributors to do start doing more 3D releases and TV manufacturers might not see it worthwhile to get back into to providing 3D with new TV panels

I love 3D when done right. Have 3D passive setup and works like a charm.

Hope 3D keeps going, and hope Avatar 2 bombs. :woot::D

You know, he doesn't really need one. He uses one just to mess with enemies and changes the eye from left to right ... :OMG::D
Don't know anything about that . . . just that he was was fury-ous about the poster gaffe
1562431334711.png

"Nick Fury actor Samuel L. Jackson has taken to his Instagram account to point out inconsistencies in Fury's portrayal in Spider-Man: Far From Home advertising - specifically a poster that seems to swap Fury's eyepatch to the wrong side."
1562431258531.png

"Uhhhhhhh, What In The Actual F--- IS GOING ON HERE???!!!" Jackson posted with a picture of two Far From Home posters side-by-side, one of which shows his patch on the wrong side (it should be on the left)."

TBH looks pretty serious to me:-
1562430894587.png
1562431521471.png

I love 3D when done right. Have 3D passive setup and works like a charm.

Hope 3D keeps going, and hope Avatar 2 bombs. :woot::D
If Avatar 2/3/4/5 bombs you have no hope of new Tv panels providing 3D ability :rofl:

Avatar yes kick started the 3D revival back in 2009 but 3D no longer has the demand it once had which is why new TV panels in past few years don't have 3D ability

I'm not sure if Avatar 2/3/4/5 will be enough to get 3D back to get decent disc sales of 3D even with the possible ability to do 3D without glasses on Tv's in homes
Avatar 2 and 3/4/5 depending on reaction to cinema release if good will help sales of discs of Avatar itself but not enough IMO to kick start 3D again on a wider scale

The difference between 2009 and now is streaming has taken over physical media discs market and is why discs sales have dropped 50% since 2014

[QUOTE="paulboland, post: 2249345, member: 6041"]If Avatar 2/3/4/5 bombs you have no hope of new Tv panels providing 3D ability :rofl:

Avatar yes kick started the 3D revival back in 2009 but 3D no longer has the demand it once had which is why new TV panels in past few years don't have 3D ability

I'm not sure if Avatar 2/3/4/5 will be enough to get 3D back to get decent disc sales of 3D even with the possible ability to do 3D without glasses on Tv's in homes
Avatar 2 and 3/4/5 depending on reaction to cinema release if good will help sales of discs of Avatar itself but not enough IMO to kick start 3D again on a wider scale

The difference between 2009 and now is streaming has taken over physical media discs market and is why discs sales have dropped 50% since 2014[/QUOTE]

I know, and still I want it to bomb ... there's something wrong with me. :confused::D

Don't know anything about that . . . just that he was was fury-ous about the poster gaffe
View attachment 436728
"Nick Fury actor Samuel L. Jackson has taken to his Instagram account to point out inconsistencies in Fury's portrayal in Spider-Man: Far From Home advertising - specifically a poster that seems to swap Fury's eyepatch to the wrong side."
View attachment 436727
"Uhhhhhhh, What In The Actual F--- IS GOING ON HERE???!!!" Jackson posted with a picture of two Far From Home posters side-by-side, one of which shows his patch on the wrong side (it should be on the left)."

TBH looks pretty serious to me:-
View attachment 436726View attachment 436732

I was just kidding.

Avatar 2 might not be enough to get 3D interest back for other distributors to do start doing more 3D releases and TV manufacturers might not see it worthwhile to get back into to providing 3D with new TV panels just because of Avatar 2 release
I have a very good 3D HDTV according to the reviews and both passive and active shutter and active dlp glasses and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that 3D blows balls IMHO. It is not worth all the hype that's behind it. The technology is just not there, one day...maybe but just not yet. I'll stick to my 4K any day of the week. That's just my honest opinion and cannot be convinced otherwise.

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred
I have a very good 3D HDTV according to the reviews and both passive and active shutter and active dlp glasses and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that 3D blows balls. It is not worth all the hype that's behind it. The technology is just not there, one day...maybe but just not yet. I'll stick to my 4K any day of the week. That's just my honest opinion and cannot be convinced otherwise.

My TV is 3D and also 4K and I like/enjoy both features.

I do not quite get your post about both passive and active, haven't ever heard 3D tv with both ?

Hey bud, just to clarify because I know you like your facts. The Sony DADC Enfield distribution centre has never had any disc manufacturing capabilities. It’s solely a distribution centre for entertainment products (trust me, I’ve spent quite a bit of time there in the past). The only disc manufacturing plant Sony had in the UK was in Southwater and that closed down sometime in 2018 (I suspect that coincided with Sony ceasing 3D disc production but can’t be certain).

Sony’s only disc manufacturing plant in Europe I believe is in Austria. There is no disc manufacturing in Spain or the Czech Republic (just distribution and customer support).

I have a 3D (passive) and 4k set up and do enjoy a good 3D movie when it’s done right. Not holding my hopes up for 3D disc production to increase in the future but it does frustrate me when they release a movie in 3D theatrically but not on home media. Indeed steaming is the future but I will support physical as much as I can.

Hey bud, just to clarify because I know you like your facts. The Sony DADC Enfield distribution centre has never had any disc manufacturing capabilities. It’s solely a distribution centre for entertainment products (trust me, I’ve spent quite a bit of time there in the past). The only disc manufacturing plant Sony had in the UK was in Southwater and that closed down sometime in 2018 (I suspect that coincided with Sony ceasing 3D disc production but can’t be certain).

Sony’s only disc manufacturing plant in Europe I believe is in Austria. There is no disc manufacturing in Spain or the Czech Republic (just distribution and customer support).

I have a 3D (passive) and 4k set up and do enjoy a good 3D movie when it’s done right. Not holding my hopes up for 3D disc production to increase in the future but it does frustrate me when they release a movie in 3D theatrically but not on home media. Indeed steaming is the future but I will support physical as much as I can.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: IamIroningMan