Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3-disc Steelbook includes (3D Blu-ray/2D Blu-ray/Blu-ray Bonus Disc: World Wide Web-Slinger

01-598489 (1).jpg

02-598489 (1).jpg
03-598489.jpg
04-598489.jpg

02-598489 (1).jpg

Last edited:
While this is up here. The 4k combo pack is showing released 11th November so pretty safeish bet this will line up. It's strange how it's only the 4k combo pack for Spider-Man that's showing a release date but I just thought I'd share for anyone interested

The sales on both psychical and streaming 4K or no where near regular HD and 1080p. Most consumers are perfectly happy with regular HD broadcsst TV. As far as 3D, that will always be a niche, I'm not psychic but until they can do it without the glasses and sell the TV's that do 3D with costing much more than a regular 4K it's just not happening. I don't think it will be a shock as we see less and less 3D unitl it's possible gone completely for a period of time in home theaters. I don't care if Avatar 2 breaks Endgames record at the Box Office not enough people care. To many are bothered by the glasses, alot of newer 3D movies don't look very good in 3D even if you happen to have a 3D TV at home. Many people get headaches, vertigo, can be uncomfortable, and not to sterotype but older people and women do not care. Yes some titles look amazing but consumers are not going to research which ones look great and which don't. I'm just speaking for the general public not people in this forum. Were are a terrible subject group on the perspective of how the general public feels about all these issues. Were getting to the point where most people are perfectly happy with the same regular Blu-ray's and HD TV Broadcasts they have been watching the last what 12-15 year? I could be dead wrong but the amount of content I've read on this subject may be less than alot of you but that was the consensus I got out of what is currently going on.
Must remember to tell my wife - who easily gets vision related headaches - and my septuagenarian parents who hate faff - that they should stop adoring 3D movie releases for - and I quote - “restoring the mystery and magic to watching a movie and distinguishing it as an event from watching a load of that Netflix rubbish...”

We love 3D.

I’ll quit steelbook before I quit the hunt for good 3D releases.

In fact, I just shunned the myriad of rubbish Ready Player One steelbook releases at extortionate prices to get the regular 3D/BD combo bundle for £7 brand new, and sad as I am that I don’t have a premium steelbook on the shelf, I feel proud to have saved AND supported 3D.

Next.... the Holy Grail of a 3D Finest Hours...

OK, I'm fed up trying with this now lol. Here's my concept with embossed characters/logo/title...

View attachment 436831
How do you get the dimensions and the ‘packaging display’ so sweetly?

Used to do cover art for books years ago (Quark XPress anyone?) and would love to dabble as a hobby....

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had fanart steelbook cases physically produced for collectors to “upgrade” their Amaray collection?

How do you get the dimensions and the ‘packaging display’ so sweetly?

Used to do cover art for books years ago (Quark XPress anyone?) and would love to dabble as a hobby....

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had fanart steelbook cases physically produced for collectors to “upgrade” their Amaray collection?
I use an actual steelbook mock-up from an old release and just place my artwork over the top lol.

3D of FFH are gorgeous, especially there're a lot of IMAX expanded scenes, so i can't wait to see it again at home on 3D...
Agreed, especially the trippy stuff

Sadly it looks like there will be few to zero editions of this that contain 3D disc let alone retain the IMAX scenes. Which is really going to **** me off, way more than the recent clusterfuck of Venom not getting many 3D editions(fewer lentis too), as it’s the last of the MCU Infinity saga of which I own all 3Dh(where applicable) versions of as well as a few early DVD discs still with the earlier combo packs.

Am hoping a for Blufans to do what they did with Spiderverse(even though I missed out on the GB being a few days before payday-today, early, surprisingly) and give us a nice lenti with 3D disc that please please PLEASE retains the IMAX scenes.

Agreed, especially the trippy stuff

Sadly it looks like there will be few to zero editions of this that contain 3D disc let alone retain the IMAX scenes. Which is really going to **** me off, way more than the recent clusterfuck of Venom not getting many 3D editions(fewer lentis too), as it’s the last of the MCU Infinity saga of which I own all 3Dh(where applicable) versions of as well as a few early DVD discs still with the earlier combo packs.

Am hoping a for Blufans to do what they did with Spiderverse(even though I missed out on the GB being a few days before payday-today, early, surprisingly) and give us a nice lenti with 3D disc that please please PLEASE retains the IMAX scenes.
May I ask, where did you get the info about few to zero 3D editions? As I did search on the BD site, even still there’s no US edition but there’re a lot 3D editions worldwide...
C0EE9399-40E7-4972-8D9D-9D9CFE6436D4.jpeg
And so far still no confirmation or details at all that we’ll be getting 3D IMAX scenes or not, actually no info about the discs itself at all as the movie is still in the theater...

May I ask, where did you get the info about few to zero 3D editions? As I did search on the BD site, even still there’s no US edition but there’re a lot 3D editions worldwide...
And so far still no confirmation or details at all that we’ll be getting 3D IMAX scenes or not, actually no info about the discs itself at all as the movie is still in the theater...
There will be 3D release in Europe but not in the UK
Sony UK have dropped 3D with new releases for UK market

• Informative
Reactions: Norwichlad
Well, one thing's for sure, they're never going to be able to fit the 9 film collection (2002 - 2019) in a regular sized steelbook:-

Scandinavia - releasing November 2019:-
1566825403187.png

Extended cut confirmed in IMAX cinemas "featuring a never-before-seen action sequence!" maybe leading to a never before seen steelbook:-
1567301694904.png

• Haha
Reactions: K.i.T
Unfortunately not seeing any release in the UK, well at the least outside of London.
Yes, didn't notice that before - just releasing in cinemas in the US and Canada reportedly.
If in the UK seems we'll have to wait maybe until Christmas for the extended cut on Blu-ray.

Really not too hopeful about this release having good artwork. I loved the Homecoming placeholder art then they changed it to a very comic style piece. From the looks of the steelbooks that have been announced for this movie, they all seem to be going down the comic look (not sure that's even an accurate description as they dont look as visually striking as comic art), or the close-ups of his mask. I LOVE the Empire cover someone posted elsewhere and think that would make an amazing steelbook. The placeholder arr is good too, but people seem reluctant to use poster art like that. Think the only other thing I'd like is perhaps a London themed cover similar to the German one showing Spidey visiting Berlin.

Fingers crossed this or the zavvi version IS NOT the big heads with the badly photoshopped location stickers.

I’ll take any of the 3 illustrated artworks over that any day. Japan can keep that one