Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: October 17, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $99.99 $64.99

spiderman1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah it was too high for me to preorder. I will grab as at $60 maybe

Yea I was waiting for a price drop. It's only a couple weeks away and still no cover art though. And now it's not available, although I assume the system is just updating.

Yea I was waiting for a price drop. It's only a couple weeks away and still no cover art though. And now it's not available, although I assume the system is just updating.

Now just $60 for preorder

Attachments

• IMG_1846.PNG
    IMG_1846.PNG
    750.4 KB · Views: 321
Looks like it is for non 4k version. I already have all these on Bluray already. If this was 4k steelbook version for $60 would have been interested.

Same here. If no 4K version is coming, then that's money saved for me.

so i'm confused, is there going to be a 4K release or not? cuz the link above is taking me to just a regular steelbook release of all 5 films. not a 4K bluray release.

there was at one time a steelbook listing with 4k. Its not active at this moment and we dont know for sure if its coming

Sod this... I am sticking to the MCU. Too much money for all of these releases. I got the original trilogy steel, then the HMV versions for 'Amazing', then the zavvi lentis came out... and with all that Spidey joined the MCU officially anyway so any future films or appearances will be under the MCU marvel banner. Getting this would just be a waste of money for me... 4K or not. I don't watch them now anyway tbh.

Sony has announced a new steelbook set of the first five Spider-Man movies, to be released in October alongside the Spider-Man home release.

The special steel box set is called the ‘Spider-Man Legacy Collection 4K Ultra HD’, and will include the Spider-Man trilogy and the Amazing Spider-Man duo in a 12-disc set, reports ComicBook. The set will also feature the Spider-Man 3 Editor’s Cut, with several different scenes and a slightly shorter runtime than the original. In addition, fans can watch a series of featurettes created specifically for this Legacy Collection as well as archival special features.

With five movies and 12 discs in the set, the collection will likely spread each film over two discs, with the Spider-Man 3 Editor’s Cut on a separate disc and the remaining featurettes on the twelfth. This will be the first time that all five movies are brought together into a single edition.

The Spider-Man Legacy Collection will be available in October.

Source:
http://screenrant.com/spider-man-legacy-collection-blu-ray-details/

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Maximus15
It's 12 disc ... break down

5 UHD and 5 BD ... and then 2 for extras.

This means its either a Jumbo or its like Black Sails in UK where its 2 SteelBooks with plastic sleeve bundling the 2. I guess the latter. I'll find out. ;)

Either way ... We are at a weird spot right now .... Studios include the regular BD's to not alienate a purchase from someone who has not taken the plunge, but then for those that have makes them spend more buy having to pay for 5 regular BD discs of movies that their is a good chance they already own if they have the interest at all.

BUT ........... its much better then sticking in DVDs ! lol which so many still do. :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333
It's 12 disc ... break down

5 UHD and 5 BD ... and then 2 for extras.

This means its either a Jumbo or its like Black Sails in UK where its 2 SteelBooks with plastic sleeve bundling the 2. I guess the latter. I'll find out. ;)

Either way ... We are at a weird spot right now .... Studios include the regular BD's to not alienate a purchase from someone who has not taken the plunge, but then for those that have makes them spend more buy having to pay for 5 regular BD discs of movies that their is a good chance they already own if they have the interest at all.

BUT ........... its much better then sticking in DVDs ! lol which so many still do. :confused:

They've already done a regular BD steelbook release of this. I'd rather just have the 4k discs and a lower price. I don't need three sets of the five movies on BD (regular steelbooks, digibook releases, now 4k + BD steelbooks).

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
They've already done a regular BD steelbook release of this. I'd rather just have the 4k discs and a lower price. I don't need three sets of the five movies on BD (regular steelbooks, digibook releases, now 4k + BD steelbooks).
Exactly, I get why they would include the BD for new releases, but it doesn't really make sense for catalogue titles.