Spider-man Legacy (Limited Edition 4K UHD) [Blu-ray] [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase Links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £99.99 (Zavvi - Zoom) - £119.99 (Amazon - Hmv)

918hQkfz1eL._SX342_.jpg

91Wz0iDDFaL._SL1500_.jpg 91FKHxo8o-L._SL1500_.jpg

SPIDER-MAN TRILOGY – ORIGINS COLLECTION
Swing into action with the groundbreaking original cinematic Spider-Man trilogy from direction Sam Raimi. Join Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) as he becomes the iconic web-slinging Spider-Man, battles super-villains Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman and Venom, wins the heart of Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), and learns that with great power, comes great responsibility.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN – EVOLUTION COLLECTION
The untold story of the legendary web-shooter unfolds in the blockbuster Amazing Spider-Man films, directed by Marc Webb. The saga begins in The Amazing Spider-Man, as Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) becomes Spider-Man and balances being a superhero doing battle against the villainous Lizard alongside his developing relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Then when Spider-Man’s new enemies – including the powerful Electro – unite in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that his greatest battle is about to begin.

Add Special Features:
EXTRAS INCLUDE:
SPIDER-MAN TRILOGY – ORIGINS COLLECTION

• Spider-Man 3 Editor’s Cut – All New Alternate Version of the Movie
  • Spider-Man 2.1 – Includes both Theatrical & Extended Versions
  • The Stan Lee Legacy: From Comic Book to Homecoming featurette
  • Over 18 Hours of Special Features from all 3 films
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN – EVOLUTION COLLECTION
  • The Stan Lee Legacy: From Comic Book to Homecoming featurette
  • 15 Rare Archival featurettes
  • Over 7 Hours of Special Features from both films

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I originally noticed this a couple months ago when it was on pre-order. I had zero interest in it then (which is why I had already forgotten this whole release), as I thought it would just be a repackaging of the old discs in a mediocre box set, but damn! Not only do the discs have new artwork, but Sony has actually put some effort in this, as they have removed old features such as video game commercials, old trailers etc. Not only that, but they have added the editor's cut for Spider-Man 3 (I didn't even know that such thing exists) and also combined the film's original 2-disc release into a single disc with presumably all of the bonus features, which is something studios very rarely do for catalogue releases. On top of that, I think the box set itself looks awesome, as do the digibooks. I bought the Zavvi exclusive steelbooks last year and I also have the both Amazings on Blu-ray, but looks like I have to sell them now, even though the Raimi trilogy steelbooks are nice. I do double-dip on movies every now and then, but I always sell the (in my opinion) inferior/worse release once I've gotten the new one.

So yeah, I placed an order for the Blu-ray version on Amazon (I really don't care about 4K and probably won't upgrade to it at all, as I'm still more than happy with regular Blu-ray quality). I don't want to wait for a price drop in case it sells out, as it's limited to 2000 units, which isn't that much considering Spider-Man's popularity.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Grabbed this in the Christmas sales and I'm a little disappointed by it, item description is misleading as Spider-Man 2.1 and 3 Editor's Cut are only included as BR copies. Overall a great set but obviously cut down a bit to leave room for a more complete re release.

Shouldn't this be in the digibook section? After all this is a DIGIBOOK.

Yeah but just cause something comes with a digi or steel or even a slip..... Doesn't mean they are not limited editions.... If they are limited or collectors editions I feel they DO belong in this section, no matter the case they are in.

Yeah but just cause something comes with a digi or steel or even a slip..... Doesn't mean they are not limited editions.... If they are limited or collectors editions I feel they DO belong in this section, no matter the case they are in.

Almost everything is limited and collector's edition.

It's the packaging that should be the basis for classification.

If these digibooks' packaging included a collectible figure or memorabilia then, yes, it should be here. But, there is nothing besides the digibook.

Almost everything is limited and collector's edition.

It's the packaging that should be the basis for classification.

If these digibooks' packaging included a collectible figure or memorabilia then, yes, it should be here. But, there is nothing besides the digibook.

I get what you are thinking..... but I don't agree that most DIGI, Steel, or slip are limited...... that is mostly not the case, as I can go to any store and take as many pictures as you'd like of countless version of each that just are not limited in any way..... I feel, like a lot of us here in this section of the forum, if it's limited it can/should also be here. You might be into certain packaging types so perhaps that's why you feel they belong there.... I get it.... But this same argument has been made many times here also..... It comes down to understanding there are a lot of people in each section of the forum that NEVER leave that particular section, people who post regularly in this section are strangers in another and vice/versa..... So, if there's a limited edition of a movie that we had no clue was coming out so had no reason to do a search....... and was only posted in say the steelbook section..... there would be no way we'd know about it here, until perhaps it was too late being it IS limited.... That's all I'm saying, some I think have the ability to be in multiple sections at the same time!!