Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: April 27, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon JP Exclusive - Non Exclusive
Price: ¥10,120

71Ct9bXuoWL._AC_SL1254_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No i agree. This happens with asian releases. Venom and FFH had it. It's more of a retailer exclusive thing. That disc is excl to amazon.jp, i assume other jp retailers will have the package sans the disc. They were both the same price regardless, so it only made sense to order the excl.
LOL. Yet, the version without the DVD sold out. That's weird.

LOL. Yet, the version without the DVD sold out. That's weird.
I don't think its sold out. It's just saying it can't be delivered to your country. It would make sense for that to be sold out first though if you think about it. It's a shared, tradewide release in japan. So amazon will only have stock of a certain proportion, whereas only they have stock of their exclusive version of this.

Reactions: MM3
After seeing the other 2 steels I think this has the weakest art.

The extras has cool art but the steel is pretty rubbish imo

As someone who has purchased numerous Japanese exclusive steelbook sets:
1. Wait for price drops. They can go 30-50% off
2. They are nowhere as nice as Korean and China luxury steelbook sets. No debossing/embossing and the finish is just ok. The paper/cardboard they use are also nowhere as nice.

As someone who has purchased numerous Japanese exclusive steelbook sets:
1. Wait for price drops. They can go 30-50% off
2. They are nowhere as nice as Korean and China luxury steelbook sets. No debossing/embossing and the finish is just ok. The paper/cardboard they use are also nowhere as nice.
Wasn't expecting the world, but that's lowered my expectations a bit. I do still think this is probably the best option, given FAC isn't happening, weet will prob also only be wwa and assuming blufans will do one is a stretch given their FFH release issues.

Can someone show some examples of Korean and Chinese luxury steelbook sets please? And include links.

Luxury is a strong word used by msc earlier.

Surely, being here since 2013, you've come across the various premium releases from the likes of Manta Lab and Blufans etc...

If not, you can search the SteelBook forum using one of the following keywords to see all the links and photos posted by members: Manta Lab - Blufans - KimchiDVD or Kimchi - Novamedia or Nova - WeET ... They're respectively from Hong Kong, China and the last 3 from Korea...

Thank you.
I usually gravitate to the collector's/limited editions and digibook/digipack threads. I've only recently started inspecting the steelbook thread. I am not a big fan of steelbooks but since the demise of regularly released digipacks over the last few years, I've now accepted steelbooks moving forward. I've heard of those 5 retailers but am never fast enough to place an order as the items I'm interested in sell out quick. Also, the cost of some of the sets are very high and given the recent financial hits most working class people are feeling (especially in the UK); the sets are becoming cost-prohibitive. But thank you for clarifying leads I was already aware of, I was hoping there would be more options out there.

Can someone show some examples of Korean and Chinese luxury steelbook sets please? And include links.
I'll do a comparison pic these couple of days! I have Blufans (China), Mantalab (Hong Kong), Novamedia (Korea), along with the Japanese sets to compare it with.

Wasn't expecting the world, but that's lowered my expectations a bit. I do still think this is probably the best option, given FAC isn't happening, weet will prob also only be wwa and assuming blufans will do one is a stretch given their FFH release issues.
If Weet do a release, even with any one of the existing WWA steelbooks (FilmArena would use both, of course), I think it'd still be better, and cheaper, than this Japanese edition.

BTW, anyone know what the booklet is like in this set? The usual Japanese black and white text and sketches with 'newspaper' quality print? :LOL:

If Weet do a release, even with any one of the existing WWA steelbooks (FilmArena would use both, of course), I think it'd still be better, and cheaper, than this Japanese edition.

BTW, anyone know what the booklet is like in this set? The usual Japanese black and white text and sketches with 'newspaper' quality print? :LOL:
The box set for the previous release had a nice hardcover booklet with many pictures and info in Japanese. The hardcover might make it a bit nicer than a typical booklet from a premium steelbook retailer. And the steelbook has spot gloss. Hopefully, the new steelbook at least has some spot gloss as well. Here goes an unboxing video of the previous box set from Japan:

pretty close to release date and still no charge. hmmmm
Release date is the 27th, which is Wednesday next week. So I'd probably expect my card to be charged mon/tues, dispatched Wednesday and arrive somewhere between 30th - 2nd (according to my order status).

The box set for the previous release had a nice hardcover booklet with many pictures and info in Japanese. The hardcover might make it a bit nicer than a typical booklet from a premium steelbook retailer. And the steelbook has spot gloss. Hopefully, the new steelbook at least has some spot gloss as well. Here goes an unboxing video of the previous box set from Japan:

I got this edition too and (steelbook aside) this package blew the socks off any previous Spidey release from any of the premium retailers. Great quality product with real thought into the overall design :thumbs: