Spring - Love Is A Monster (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive-exclusive #001) [Germany]

Which artwork do you prefer for the full-slip?

• Cover A

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Cover B

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monsterzebra

The Marvel Guy
Premium Supporter
May 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: November 6, 2015
Purchase link: SteelArchive - SOLD OUT
Price: €34.95
Group buy: @merowinger

spring-steelbook-blu-ray.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm glad to be allowed to introduce the first exclusive edition of an upcoming german retailer called "Steelarchive".

http://www.steelarchive-shop.com/index.php

Features:
- Full-Slip
- Limited to 100 copies (1 copy per customer)
- Numbered (with card)
+ other goodies (TBA)

Artwork (full-slip):
Front:

20-thickbox_default.jpg

Back:
21-thickbox_default.jpg

Artwork poll (ended):

Please cast your vote for one of the following artworks in the poll (and/or comment which one you prefer).

"Cover A (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427676077.jpg

"Cover B (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427682083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks promising:)

Indeed! :)
Steelarchive is pretty new to the steelbook game, they've only sold "common" releases on their site until now.
This will be the first german retailer to release an exclusive full-slip-edition of a steelbok, i know they put much effort in this and know what the collectors want.
I'm very close to the head of this company, and he is really trying to step up the game in regards of steelbôok-quality here in Germany.

This release is going to be a "test" if you will, to see if there's need for a high-quality steelbook retailer here in germany - these will also be for international customers though, so don't worry. ;)

Please keep in mind, that since this is their first steelbook release with an exclusive slip, they had to choose a little less known movie and have to use a non-exclusive steelbook-artwork (even though they already have plans for WEA steelbooks, if things go well with this and future releases.. ;) ).

I will keep this thread up to date with the latest information about the full-slip and everything else about this release. :thumbs:

I'm curious on what this will look like, but I already know that I won't be buying this.

I don't want to have a numbered card, the number should be on the slip for both the print run and the following number of the collection. At least that's what I want as a collector.

That's the same reason I stopped buying the HDZeta and Kimchi releases.

I'm curious on what this will look like, but I already know that I won't be buying this.

I don't want to have a numbered card, the number should be on the slip for both the print run and the following number of the collection. At least that's what I want as a collector.

That's the same reason I stopped buying the HDZeta and Kimchi releases.

Opinion, opinions... :whistle:
No, i actually prefer the numbering on the slips themselves too tbh, but that's always the retailers choice in the end - who knows, maybe they'll change their mind for this and/or (possible) future releases.

Opinion, opinions... :whistle:
No, i actually prefer the numbering on the slips themselves too tbh, but that's always the retailers choice in the end - who knows, maybe they'll change their mind for this and/or (possible) future releases.

I understand that some other collectors prefer the card.
Although I like the releases done by Kimchi, Filmarena, HDZeta and now Steelarchive I'm happy to limit my 'must-buy-collections' to Nova, BF and PA

This film is an absolute hidden gem. I had heard various comments about it but sat watching it with no preconceptions and was blown away. Such a small scale production based entirely on story and character development. A few shallow beats with the arc but overall I enjoyed it immensely. Always happy to see new companies and I'm hoping having "Archive" in the name they are going to ape PA in their approach to design etc. This film would have been a perfect choice for Plain Archive and I'll definitely be in the queue to grab this (although with 100 that's easier said than done).

Nice to see that Germany is doing an steelbook exclusive with slip, etc. :thumbs:

But I think the most problem in the future is the big (too big!) quantity of limited steelbooks with full slip of different retailers from different countries. 3 years ago it was easy as steelbook collector to take a decision and buy an exclusive because there was only one or two retailers which produced these exclusives. Now we have 6 big retailers/shops which producing them and unfortunately from time to time the same movie (for example Frozen, Iron Man, Monsters University, ...)

At the moment most of the collectors try to strictly limit buying only some specific lines - I also doing this.

So I hope if they are doing some WEA's they choose movies which aren't published as steelbook yet.

Steelarchive is pretty new to the steelbook game, they've only sold "common" releases on their site until now.
This will be the first german retailer to release an exclusive full-slip-edition of a steelbok, i know they put much effort in this and know what the collectors want.
I'm very close to the head of this company, and he is really trying to step up the game in regards of steelbôok-quality here in Germany.

This release is going to be a "test" if you will, to see if there's need for a high-quality steelbook retailer here in germany - these will also be for international customers though, so don't worry. ;)

Please keep in mind, that since this is their first steelbook release with an exclusive slip, they had to choose a little less known movie and have to use a non-exclusive steelbook-artwork (even though they already have plans for WEA steelbooks, if things go well with this and future releases.. ;) ).

I will keep this thread up to date with the latest information about the full-slip and everything else about this release. :thumbs:
You got my attention:) looking forward to more details...
@rubin14

Totally understandable since license costs are pretty steep for well known titles.

And even if you buy the license, you still have to master it, design everything else, distribute etc. Those costs have all to be taken in account.

Curious though, I do think the stole their name a bit from PlainArchive.

Hoping people will try to link high quality products to the 'archive' name. ;-)

@monsterzebra

If by any chance there is a groupbuy, please add my name to. Curious of this and the movie got my attention to.

Eh. That's like saying no one can be 'XXXX' Collection because of Criterion. Steelbook collectors are a learned bunch- I don't think they will think this is PlainArchive!;)
Nah, collection is being used everywhere.

Archive not that much. It's Criterion which is the name not the Collection part.

I understand what you are saying, but I do you mean people will think this is PA, but maybe because they have the name 'Archive' in it, collectors will also see Steel archive as a high quality product company.

Collection is too main stream and used everywhere.