Star Trek 1-10 Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zoom Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 18, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £125
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Dano and Sigill
My mate text me earlier to say he decided to order these and they had been despatched.
About half an hour later I got another text saying he'd just discovered sky seem to now have a Star Trek film channel and are showing all the films constantly, the text ended with a very sad face :arghh:

I didn't know what to say, I just said it's not the same? I didn't mention I saw a number of the films on DVD in Poundland the other day not sure that would have helped. :banghead:

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
My mate text me earlier to say he decided to order these and they had been despatched.
About half an hour later I got another text saying he'd just discovered sky seem to now have a Star Trek film channel and are showing all the films constantly, the text ended with a very sad face :arghh:

I didn't know what to say, I just said it's not the same? I didn't mention I saw a number of the films on DVD in Poundland the other day not sure that would have helped. :banghead:
I just had a look at Sky Movies
The Star Trek Films are listed on TomCruiseHD Channel with first film showing on Monday 6.00am
Must be getting changed to Star Trek HD from Monday
What has Tom Cruise got to do with Star Trek :LOL::rofl::hilarious:

Sky Movies has never stopped me purchasing a Blu-ray
I rarely even watch Sky Movies now except for the odd film and that is when it's a film I don't have already or mostly because it's not out on Blu-ray

With the amount of Films in my collection I don't get much time to watch Sky Movies :rofl:

Reactions: Flash
I just had a look at Sky Movies
The Star Trek Films are listed on TomCruiseHD Channel with first film showing on Monday 6.00am
Must be getting changed to Star Trek HD from Monday
What has Tom Cruise got to do with Star Trek :LOL::rofl::hilarious:

Sky Movies has never stopped me purchasing a Blu-ray
I rarely even watch Sky Movies now except for the odd film and that is when it's a film I don't have already or mostly because it's not out on Blu-ray

With the amount of Films in my collection I don't get much time to watch Sky Movies :rofl:

That's what I told him lol

Reactions: paulboland
No pics yet - waiting for daughter or son to come home with cameras - but, yes, the box holding the steels is not up to much and let's just say if this package had been a more expensive package than the package(s) from other retailers it wouldn't have been worth the extra . . .
BOX: Fully enclosed basic box with no embossing to the logo etc. - in truth, nothing to write home about to justify any extra cost (which luckily there wasn't) - as in all 4 sides with top and bottom - in other words, not a slipbox where one side would be open revealing the row of steels with Anniversary logo . . . which I was personally hoping for :(
PACKAGING: Single-wall cardboard box - wider than the boxed collection with 4 "Sealed Air" pillows fitting perfectly - 2 at each end - to fill the gaps.
Delivered by courier.

No pics yet - waiting for daughter or son to come home with cameras - but, yes, the box holding the steels is not up to much and let's just say if this package had been a more expensive package than the package(s) from other retailers it wouldn't have been worth the extra . . .
BOX: Fully enclosed basic box with no embossing to the logo etc. - in truth, nothing to write home about to justify any extra cost (which luckily there wasn't) - as in all 4 sides with top and bottom - in other words, not a slipbox where one side would be open revealing the row of steels with Anniversary logo . . . which I was personally hoping for :(
PACKAGING: Single-wall cardboard box - wider than the boxed collection with 4 "Sealed Air" pillows fitting perfectly - 2 at each end - to fill the gaps.
Delivered by courier.

Aww no this sounds very underwhelming, why go to the point of an exclusive if don't put much effort in. I mean not being able to see the steels sounds disappointing. It was too much for me but by the looks of the individuals steels and the sound of this box probably saved me a lot of money I think I would have been disappointed. Such classic films and the 50th anniversary deserved bit more.

Still be interested to see the pics though.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
Not bad, but not great. I suppose we can't really complain since it cost nothing extra... I'd happily take one for free! :)

As long as it's sturdy enough to hold all 10 of these and doesn't perish once the seal is removed, it's a decent deal. Thought about picking this up, but think I might get WOK separately.

The certificates on the box are not removable, they are printed on. Each steelbook has removable sticker certificates though.

Both versions of Wrath of Khan are on the disc.

The top of the box opens and the steelbooks are just lined up inside. So the only side you ever see of them is the top, as long as you have the box lid open. Also, it is not a tight fit the steels are quite loose inside.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
The certificates on the box are not removable, they are printed on. Each steelbook has removable sticker certificates though.

Both versions of Wrath of Khan are on the disc.

The top of the box opens and the steelbooks are just lined up inside. So the only side you ever see of them is the top, as long as you have the box lid open. Also, it is not a tight fit the steels are quite loose inside.

Would you happen to know if the wrath of khan directors cut has the same repeated shot error as the US disc?

I really dont know if i trust Zoom. They say same day dispatch if ordered before 12pm and my order hasnt been dispatched and has been stuck on " order placed" for 3 days and the customer service is useless, its only a cd lol cant be that hard to send.

I dont think ill be ordering from them again.

• Thanks