snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £22.99
Notes: Steelbook artwork will be identical to standard Steelbook edition but includes an exclusive lenticular magnet

8309499_1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think they will refund people who paid by card?
I can't see why not. Have they already taken the money from people who paid by card though? If not, I'm assuming you'll just get charged the lowest price on release.

I can't see why not. Have they already taken the money from people who paid by card though? If not, I'm assuming you'll just get charged the lowest price on release.

I don't think they charge until release, don't know. Zavvi always says they will charge the lesser amount but they don't. Hmm don't know whether to cancel and reorder?

But will they honour the 10% discount on the reduced price if you ordered with discount on the higher price??

I put my order in using a card last week and i haven't been charged for it, I think if you pay by pay-pal they take the money up front

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash
But will they honour the 10% discount on the reduced price if you ordered with discount on the higher price??

Have been wondering the same thing, but according to Lights on page 4, we will still get the reduced price plus the discount so fingers crossed

I don't think they charge until release, don't know. Zavvi always says they will charge the lesser amount but they don't. Hmm don't know whether to cancel and reorder?

It says that they will charge the cheaper price, and add any codes to the new price, according to the website. If they have issued refunds to PayPal payers I'm sure it will be fine.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Flash

Thankfully Zoom aren't Zavvi. Zoom's customer service is actually really good too... I had to contact them recently about a missing parcel containing four futurepaks, and they were always quick to respond to my emails and even sent me replacements, no questions asked! So you could always get in touch with them if you don't receive your refund/discount, and I'm sure they'll oblige. Otherwise I suppose there's no harm in reordering if you want to be absolutely certain that you get it at the cheapest price.

Reactions: lgans316 and Flash
Don't know if this is old news or is common knowledge but I just spotted something in the listing that I hadn't noticed before:-
"Limited Edition Zoom Exclusive Star Trek Beyond Steelbook with Magnetic Lenticular (LIMITED TO 2,000 COPIES)"

Don't know if this applies to the other Zoom Exclusive steelbooks or just this one because of the lenti (which appears to be "limited to 2,000").

Last edited:
Don't know if this is old news or is common knowledge but I just spotted something in the listing that I hadn't noticed before:-
"Limited Edition Zoom Exclusive Star Trek Beyond Steelbook with Magnetic Lenticular (LIMITED TO 2,000 COPIES)"

Don't know if this applies to the other Zoom Exclusive steelbooks or just this one because of the lenti (which appears to be "limited to 2,000").

it was announced at the start would be 2000, but dont think this will sell out overnight tbh as other suppliers of these as well minus the lenti

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: virkia
I put my order in using a card last week and i haven't been charged for it, I think if you pay by pay-pal they take the money up front

Yeah that's exactly what happened - I paid by Paypal and it was charged upfront. Then I got a refund from Paypal marked 'Zoom' yesterday direct to my bank for £1.80.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley
Reply received from Zoom today regarding price drop on this exclusive lenti steelbook:-

"Good Afternoon

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you we have experienced a high level of questions over the past few days.
We can confirm that we have indeed dropped the price of our STAR TREK: BEYOND - EXCLUSIVE LENTICULAR STEELBOOK and all the orders that are currently holding in our system will be changed to match that of our current listing. You will not need to re-order to get the new price.
If you have any concerned please do not hesitate to contact us

Kind Regards
Zoom Online"

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and bigfub
just checked my account and as this was my first order with zoom i got the 10% discount from the 25 price,
but it hasnt been updated still showing i owe 22.50 so have messaged zoom fingers crossed i will get this for 20.70,:thumbs: