Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: November 12, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $49.99

1567532497941.png

First season is middling, this second season is some of the best Trek yet. Perfect blend of classic Trek with neue Trek and without all the grimdark of the first season.

We will have to agree to disagree, I discovered why it's called Star Trek Discovery because I discovered it's not Star Trek just more Kelvin timeline rubbish. Dire Stories, dire acting and that's when they are not being done for plagiarism which right now has got pretty nasty. Seriously garbage like the Spore drive. Was that instead of the magic mushroom drive, ships that bear no resemble to any of the classic Star Trek and an Enterprise that looks nothing like the original. Did they make it up as they went along....... Suddenly Spock's Brain looks like Citizen Kane..... Anyway rant over. Hate the show and everything to do with it. Like Dr Who have walked away from the show forever....

Lol the Discovery ship design is near literally an exact copy of Ralph Mcquarrie’s original concept art for the Enterprise but you go off bud

First season is middling, this second season is some of the best Trek yet. Perfect blend of classic Trek with neue Trek and without all the grimdark of the first season.
I completely agree, this show is fantastic. As the saying goes for anyone that disagrees just remember the motto, "To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before". True to those words, Star Trek will live on no matter what way they take it. Of course each to their own... :D

Last edited:
While this will be a day one purchase for me I have a sneaking suspicion they will milk us later with 4k releases. Too soon to get my hopes up for Picard steelbooks? :vulcan:

I have yet to watch S2 of this (probably sign up for CBS All Access soon, so ic an Watch this, The Good Fight and whatever else is there), but I liked Season 1. I hope S2 is at least as good.
While this will be a day one purchase for me I have a sneaking suspicion they will milk us later with 4k releases. Too soon to get my hopes up for Picard steelbooks? :vulcan:
If this was 4k, i’d Buy, but I don’t buy Blu Ray anymore. I don’t get discovery via Netflix, but I thought i read that it’s in 4k on that service, which would imply it was filmed in 4K

We will have to agree to disagree, I discovered why it's called Star Trek Discovery because I discovered it's not Star Trek just more Kelvin timeline rubbish. Dire Stories, dire acting and that's when they are not being done for plagiarism which right now has got pretty nasty. Seriously garbage like the Spore drive. Was that instead of the magic mushroom drive, ships that bear no resemble to any of the classic Star Trek and an Enterprise that looks nothing like the original. Did they make it up as they went along....... Suddenly Spock's Brain looks like Citizen Kane..... Anyway rant over. Hate the show and everything to do with it. Like Dr Who have walked away from the show forever....

Why even comment on this thread then? Just leave people to enjoy it in peace.

Despite the loonies taking over the asylum here in the UK this is still a democracy and the chap has as much right to express an opinion as you.

I know. I just don't get people who go out of their way to actively spread the hate. I don't like reality TV but I don't go on forums and slate The Only Way is Essex and the like. I just avoid completely

I know. I just don't get people who go out of their way to actively spread the hate

Sorry "spreading hate". Way off track. I'm giving an option on having viewed the show. In my opinion it's not Star Trek and has nothing to do with the format i grew up with and have very good reasons for disliking the show which I'm not going to discuss here as that's a debate for another time, another place. If there is "hate" as you call it, it's my contempt at the highest levels of the studios who have shown a complete disregard for the format that was created all those years ago and Discovery has no respect for continuity, source material and Storytelling.. As for comparing it to a reality show, seriously?. I don't watch them so don't have any views on them. I can comment on Star Trek as I've been watching avidly since July 1969 and have seen all the Trek variants to date... You don't like what I have to say, fair enough but please don't insult my intelligence by trying to label me a crank or dismiss me as being out of touch because I don''t follow a particular agenda.... If I like something I'll praise it, if I dislike I'll say so. I speak my mind and honest to boot. If that's a crime, then the moderators are free to kick me of this forum now.